Thread: WoW worth it?

WoW worth it?

Is it worth coming back to wow? havent played since WoD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaleby View Post
    In the end, That is not an answer we can give you to the fullest. It is all down to you and your expectations. Bear in my, overall view on Shadowlands, is bad. Though, many consider 9.2 the better part of Shadowlands.

At the moment, you can play all expansions before Shadowlands up till level 20 with Chromie time, while you have to look at your own options of investing (I believe it isn't on offer yet), 40 dollars on Shadowlands (Which will most likely be on offer soon anyways).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Game has gotten way, way worse since WoD. They've removed content including the best content. You only get 4 questing zones now and you finish them all over a weekend. Barely any quality post-game content that isn't raiding. Classes are terribly designed. RP is dead. World PvP is dead. The music peaked at MoP and WoD and now has become mediocre with the departure of Jeremy Soule and Russell Brower. Art quality has begun dipping too. Voice acting has gotten worse. Story is a total trashfire. There are a hundred other problems with the game, but I digress.

I would only recommend retail WoW if you 1. just absolutely love the aesthetics (even in spite of the decline in visual quality), and 2. like battlegrounds.

- - - Updated - - -

The visual spectacle of the high fantasy zones might be enticing, though (even if they are terribly designed). Argus and the Shadowlands look better than most game worlds released over the past decade.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-05-02 at 09:43 AM.

I don't understand this negativity. What do you mean that the best content of WoW is removed?
    Shadow lands story is bad, that's true, but the aesthetics of the last expansions are really good, dungeons and raids are good as always.

RP is true that is almost non-existent, but the rest is fine... The thing that leveling zones are finished in a weekend applies for every expansion, and many "good expansions" as wrath were raid logging.

You have things to do, zereth mortis is beautiful, if you like torghast you can do it some times, you can do dungeons... Etc. If you like WoW main content (raid, dungeons etc) it's as good time as any time to come back.

If you don't like badly written stories, it's not a good time. But everything else is not as bad as everyone says. Better look it by yourself. Pay one month and try.

nope.
    not worth it.

no. not worth it

No, for a subscription game you really don't get value for money. Plenty of good games out there, lots of free ones too, i think Blizzard are too interested in being politically correct now than making good games. As long as they tick the right boxes they will churn out trash and clap each other on the back saying how great it is. Sub numbers are lowest they have ever been, tells its own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Osperand View Post
    Sub numbers are lowest they have ever been, tells its own story.
    yeah, story about somebody pretending to know something he doesnt...
    we dont have sub numbers since wod

as for game not being worht the money, thats not really question that can be answered objectively, for someone it would be worth it if its 5times as much, for someone it wouldnt be worth even if its free...

Nope, just wait till DF, or as me, till Wotlkc to pass time till DF arrive.

You're asking people that don't play WoW if you should play WoW...

So the answer is: It depends on what you like.

Compared to WoD SL has:

• more endgame content via m+ (10 dungeons + more returning next patch)
    • Pet battle dungeons (which were introduced in Legion and BfA but are evergreen at this point)
    • no Archeology
    • no Garrisons (thus no easy way to make millions. But you still get more gold than you need)
    • no way to gain high level endgame gear while playing solo
    • raids that will get reused in the next patch, so you will see all raids even if you start now
    • an endgame zone that has more content than Tanaan
    • World Quests instead of dailies
    • PvP. I guess it's not great from what I read on the forums, but I can't say for sure, since I don't do PvP.
    • Classes that are slightly worse than in WoD I would say
    • Huge improvements in transmog and other collections. Also new interfaces for that stuff.

So yeah. If you are bored and have friends or a guild to return to, then it is worth returning. Without friends no MMO is fun. But it is possible to find a guild fast, so if you're not socially inept, you should have no problems finding one. On Horde side it's easier, though.

Also the worst part of SL is over. As with the last expansions, only the last few patches are worth playing.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-05-02 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    9.2 is quite good tbh. Ofc depends on what you like. Im doim m+ mostly and ocasionally raids so its good time for me. Also pretty much alt friendly. It could be better ofc but still better than 9.0/9.1
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-05-02 at 11:07 AM.

Yes and no. I hope I helped!

Noone can tell you if you will enjoy it or not. The best you can do it give it a shoot for 1 month and check it out. On this forum you will find mostly people telling you how shiit WoW is because they are on some crusade against Blizzard.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2022-05-02 at 11:08 AM.

You might like it, you might dislike it. Only you know the answer. One could easily argue that wow has turned for the worse now, but not every player think so.

I'd say its worth it if theres a sale on SL + a couple of months sub. Dont know if the game is on sale now.

Been a gamer with my brother since I was 5 years old. There is no game I ever experienced that gives the chill factor and even hardcore (when you have enough time off for it) like WoW does. For the entertainment and relaxation it provides, I can't see how any gamer wouldn't consider it worth it. To each their own though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help Me Choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead