Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Clearly they wanted double snacks, and you failed by trying to restrict them to one. Smh sir, smh.
    Oh, she's tried that before, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Like, i agree we must wait before talking about something, but we may not know the story, but we do know the writer, that is the biggest problem.

Having a fresh start with a new storyline will be wasted if the writer just shit the bed again.
    Didn't think it was a sole writer on DF? Danuser isn't the only one after all.

And the signs are already bad, we got this bullshit nonsense retcon of dracthyr evoker, completely unnecessary cause we already had dragonfolk to use, so, i personally, am not holding my breath to see what Danuser is cocking for dragonflight.
    Well, they aren't a retcon? I mean, we knew that Deathwing have been messing around, making the ultimate species for a long time, we even killed some of his attempts. They just stuck on something on the timeline, which is far enough back, that we cannot 100% pinpoint it to when they were made. As well, the current dragon races we have, are all very much different, and more difficult to make adjustments for, for factions, equipment, emotes, etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Didn't think it was a sole writer on DF? Danuser isn't the only one after all.
    He isn't, but he is the senior, he is the one in charge of the main story and he is the one who should overseen the minor stories.

Or at least its supposed to be him, since its his job.

Well, they aren't a retcon? I mean, we knew that Deathwing have been messing around, making the ultimate species for a long time, we even killed some of his attempts. They just stuck on something on the timeline, which is far enough back, that we cannot 100% pinpoint it to when they were made. As well, the current dragon races we have, are all very much different, and more difficult to make adjustments for, for factions, equipment, emotes, etc.
    The whole existence of then is nonsensical, dude was obsessed with combining the dragonflights, and never was able to, one of the reasons his son wanted so bad, and we suddenly discovered he, in fact, did, and was a perfect combination, but we still have to believe is somehow a failure, and this method, was somehow lost because yes.

Drakonid could easily be put in any faction, hell, even mortal races turning into drakonid and doing similar to worgen would work out better without the necessity of this nonsense race who can turn only into blood elf male and female human. All the setup to make this class/race strict restrictive like this is also a bad sign for things to come.

He isn't, but he is the senior, he is the one in charge of the main story and he is the one who should overseen the minor stories.

Or at least its supposed to be him, since its his job.

The whole existence of then is nonsensical, dude was obsessed with combining the dragonflights, and never was able to, one of the reasons his son wanted so bad, and we suddenly discovered he, in fact, did, and was a perfect combination, but we still have to believe is somehow a failure, and this method, was somehow lost because yes.

Drakonid could easily be put in any faction, hell, even mortal races turning into drakonid and doing similar to worgen would work out better without the necessity of this nonsense race who can turn only into blood elf male and female human. All the setup to make this class/race strict restrictive like this is also a bad sign for things to come.
    Are you familiar with wow lore? I find it very very funny this is the thing you decide nonsensical. If anything this is part of the story that actually makes sense

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporaldrift View Post
    Are you familiar with wow lore? I find it very very funny this is the thing you decide nonsensical. If anything this is part of the story that actually makes sense
    It make sense that DW was a dumbass with azlheimer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Their creative team is just burnt out, that's all. The expansion has zero - I say it again - zero own takes on anything.

Talent system is 1:1 the old talent system mixed with what we have now.

Dragon Riding is a carbon copy of Guild Wars 2 flying, it even has the exact same animations.

Dracthyr and Evoker... we have to see, but there's nothing "fresh" there either. Evoker has animations that are just a rip off of every other class, particularly Demon Hunter.

The expansion just lacks every kind of ambition.
    that’s not untypical when you just milk the cow as hard as possible, tbh. and what did ppl expect? they milk it hard AF since years. and it’s obviously fine for them, regardless of player count. why should they stop it? would not expect much more from DF than from SL, tbh.

It make sense that DW was a dumbass with azlheimer?
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I literally would have preferred those dragonmen. They already exist in lore, they can wear armor, they can be other classes, they could have been the Worgen model's allied race. With a "pick your race" visage form, or none at all. The visage form is really what gets me, though, it's insane that theyre trying to pass off male blood elf / female human models as an entirely new, unrelated race that predates both of them.
    Humans have been around for 15,000 years, and the dragon isles entered stasis 10,000 years ago. Tyr was even rumored to have brought humans to their new home, providing a link between them and the Dragon Isles. While blood elves haven't been around that long (being one of the youngest races in Azeroth), quel'dorei certainly were around back then as the highborne caste of night elves. This is all moot anyway, as the visage forms themselves are actually new, only existing after the stasis ended based on interviews given by the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    that’s not untypical when you just milk the cow as hard as possible, tbh. and what did ppl expect? they milk it hard AF since years. and it’s obviously fine for them, regardless of player count. why should they stop it? would not expect much more from DF than from SL, tbh.
    My expectation was that after the terrible BfA and Shadowlands (especially with SL being cut short) they've learned their lessons. But it doesn't seem like that. More of the same seems enough for Blizzard, but is it for the players?

The problem is not even being fine with it, the problem is defending their laziness, it is something i cannot understand, dracthyr evoker is the most shameless and lazy thing blizzard did since the legion allied races.
    I completely agree. While I like the idea of the class, the execution is downright terrible. And not every allied race was lazy. The first ones were, indeed. But they made up for that later on. But Evoker? Such a shameless mixture of existing assets and mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sooo, WoW, after multiple expansions of destruction and turmoil doesn't need an expansion about renewal, and taking control again? That is how they are selling it at the moment. It is the obvious theme to go for, something on Azeroth. Light Vs. Void would've taken us off Azeroth again in a good chunk of the story, another one would be South Seas, but why make that without revealing the massive island placed on the way to the other side of the map? I would've wanted an underground expansion but I admit, it wouldn't break the pattern we've been through.

Nope, but she had her own shit chapters, and they luckily got less with the book explaining some stuff but didn't fix her part of it.

WoW... That is a huge assumption from an expansion we hardly know anything about, not even the story, compared to another expansion where we just got the main bad thrown at our feet. I, at the moment, see hardly any connections to Shadowlands except... eh... The renown system which is to be more flexible now?
    It's not about the story. It's not about the lore. It's not about the continent or whatever. It's about gameplay, combat and systems. Dragonflight relies on exactly the same stuff as the last couple of expansions: Mythic+, raids and world quests. That's what I'm talking about.

And we absolutely need an expansion with this setting. I am not complaining about that, the setting is great. That the Dragon Isles are just another boring lame a** island chain hidden in the ocean is not, that's the most boring thing ever (we had that several times before).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    We get ducks.

DUCKS.

As for the rest of the xpac...so far a big MEH! from me...

My expectation was that after the terrible BfA and Shadowlands (especially with SL being cut short) they've learned their lessons. But it doesn't seem like that. More of the same seems enough for Blizzard, but is it for the players?

I completely agree. While I like the idea of the class, the execution is downright terrible. And not every allied race was lazy. The first ones were, indeed. But they made up for that later on. But Evoker? Such a shameless mixture of existing assets and mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about the story. It's not about the lore. It's not about the continent or whatever. It's about gameplay, combat and systems. Dragonflight relies on exactly the same stuff as the last couple of expansions: Mythic+, raids and world quests. That's what I'm talking about.

And we absolutely need an expansion with this setting. I am not complaining about that, the setting is great. That the Dragon Isles are just another boring lame a** island chain hidden in the ocean is not, that's the most boring thing ever (we had that several times before).
    yes, ofc. they continue to do what they do. it seems to work for them profitwise. i expected EXACTLY what DF looks like. a striped down version of SL (which was a striped down version of BfA).

yes, they will continue to make stuff even more cheap and even more cost effective. its more of the same. just 1 iteration cheaper.

obviously ppls still pay them enough to be even a bit more lazy and cost effective. as long as it works profit wise and you sell enough xpacs and preorders and sell enough tokens to the (now smaller) playerbase. it seems to work. they seem not to be in need to stop their „quickly building some cheap shit and sell it as the next golden wow xpac“ approach.

Blizzards advantage is: it takes very veeeery veeeeeeeery long until even the last die hard fan got it and left the game (because its just cheap crap). until that day, you can milk it as much as possible. and its exactly what blizz do, when rehashing some rig, dragonpaint it, implement a typical builder consumer class pattern and call it a day.

and the truth is: everyone that expected a 180 degree xpac, instead more of the same, just not got it yet.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-05-03 at 02:04 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally everything about DF suggests they have, in fact, learned their lesson. You're just being a grumpy grognard about it and refusing to acknowledge it, frankly. You haven't explained or given any real coherent rationale for why you feel this way, just repeated as it if it's "obvious" and been agreed with solely by your fellow curmudgeons. It's like sitting in a bar listening to some old geezers mumble about "the good old days" and how no-one does anything right anymore - no matter right things are being done.

You don't seem to have proposed any alternatives, nor successfully argued that people don't want those things. I'd certainly say people want more than that, but it sounds like Blizzard intend to offer more than that, in terms of world content and how its approached particularly. The reason they're retaining M+/raids/WQs is because unlike other elements that they're getting rid of, they're relatively well-regarded and presumably have reasonably positive metrics associated with them.

The Dragon Isles have been a more or less inevitable WoW expansion for basically the entire time WoW has existed. Where did you think they were, outer space? Obviously they were hidden islands. That doesn't mean the setting itself won't be good. WoW is not a game of shocking originality. Next you'll be complaining because we go to another plane of existence and there's a lot of glowy stuff.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yes, ofc. they continue to do what they do. it seems to work for them profitwise. i expected EXACTLY what DF looks like. a striped down version of SL (which was a striped down version of BfA).

yes, they will continue to make stuff even more cheap and even more cost effective. its more of the same. just 1 iteration cheaper.

obviously ppls still pay them enough to be even a bit more lazy and cost effective. as long as it works profit wise and you sell enough xpacs and preorders and sell enough tokens to the (now smaller) playerbase. it seems to work. they seem not to be in need to stop their „quickly building some cheap shit and sell it as the next golden wow xpac“ approach.

Blizzards advantage is: it takes very veeeery veeeeeeeery long until even the last die hard fan got it and left the game (because its just cheap crap). until that day, you can milk it as much as possible. and its exactly what blizz do, when rehashing some rig, dragonpaint it, implement a typical builder consumer class pattern and call it a day.

and the truth is: everyone that expected a 180 degree xpac, instead more of the same, just not got it yet.
    It's a shame, really. You know what? I've spend more money on TBC Classic than I did on Shadowlands. I know that's pretty dumb, but TBC just gave me so much more than Shadowlands ever could.

I'm not particularly disappointed by Dragonflight, because my expectations were low, but others who were hyping themselves up so much seem to be... fine with the little we get? I don't understand it.

Expecting a world revamp and then getting another lame a** secret continent like half a dozen times before must be a horrible feeling, yet they suck it up?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DujeBelak View Post
    Dragons. The most common foe associated in vast majority of other games. We had them before , we have them again. Nonsense. Lazyness at maximum.
    The Landscape wasn't impressive at all. Legion looked far better. Nostalgia wins over and one wants to bring Back Grizzly Hills 2.0.
    Dragonkin race and class, cmon I could make up something grander.
    Dragon place, dragon lore, Heavily dragon association everywhere. No thank you. Terrible.
    The magic is gone. They are trying too hard now. Overhaul of UI. Talent points will divide playerbase. This is an insanely bold move that in my opinion will impact game in more negative way especially older players who are used to current setup and skills.

Apparently some Giants are foes and more dragons once again. Giants? Giants and Dragons, Is that all you can come up with? The trend and eternal circle of BS continues , same thing as many other games of this generation. Reused assets, remastered, reforged versions of 1.5 decades old games, Bringing back older characters. I have zero interest in Wow as I did in ages Fan boys will be milking money to Blizzard a a lot nontheless.

Amusing truly it is these mega fans drooling over a Dragon as if its they saw creature first time in virtual world of WoW especially. It shocks how deluded people are and limited. There is nothing remotely interesting about new expansion. Any MMO is prone to decay and decline, Its funny how players still live in their own divided world, unwilling to accept that Wow is history.

I sense strong Illusion of "new" things. You will be highly disappointed. Your excitement is too strong now.

'Hope is a first step on a road to disappointment -- Blizzard.
    people love dragons...ever hear of game of thrones. you dont know what your talking about
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    U forgot skeletons
    Or bats
    I would say spiders/boars or cats,not sure if any1 compiled the data on it

Quote Originally Posted by DujeBelak View Post
    Dragons. The most common foe associated in vast majority of other games. We had them before , we have them again. Nonsense. Lazyness at maximum.
    The Landscape wasn't impressive at all. Legion looked far better. Nostalgia wins over and one wants to bring Back Grizzly Hills 2.0.
    Dragonkin race and class, cmon I could make up something grander.
    Dragon place, dragon lore, Heavily dragon association everywhere. No thank you. Terrible.
    The magic is gone. They are trying too hard now. Overhaul of UI. Talent points will divide playerbase. This is an insanely bold move that in my opinion will impact game in more negative way especially older players who are used to current setup and skills.

Apparently some Giants are foes and more dragons once again. Giants? Giants and Dragons, Is that all you can come up with? The trend and eternal circle of BS continues , same thing as many other games of this generation. Reused assets, remastered, reforged versions of 1.5 decades old games, Bringing back older characters. I have zero interest in Wow as I did in ages Fan boys will be milking money to Blizzard a a lot nontheless.

Amusing truly it is these mega fans drooling over a Dragon as if its they saw creature first time in virtual world of WoW especially. It shocks how deluded people are and limited. There is nothing remotely interesting about new expansion. Any MMO is prone to decay and decline, Its funny how players still live in their own divided world, unwilling to accept that Wow is history.

I sense strong Illusion of "new" things. You will be highly disappointed. Your excitement is too strong now.

'Hope is a first step on a road to disappointment -- Blizzard.
    This guy is most likely +35 yo.

He can relate to a time, when kids were into dragons(think old dungeon & dragons stuff - most likely when he was a kid).

He doens't understand that kids today, are into something else(and frankly, something more wierd - like emo unicorns and oversized body parts in asian MMOs).

This discussion is based on subjective and false argument.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post

He can relate to a time, when kids were into dragons(think old dungeon & dragons stuff - most likely when he was a kid).

He doens't understand that kids today, are into something else(and frankly, something more wierd - like emo unicorns and oversized body parts in asian MMOs).

Kind of ironic given your post.

I would have placed my bet on people being dragoned-out after the Game of Thrones & Skyrim decade.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post

As a school teacher this is bullshit and dragons are still huge with the nerdy kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    U forgot skeletons
    Or bats
    Legion Dalaran even gave us a sewer level with rats, the circle is complete.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Uh what?

I'd legitimately prefer more revisited OLD stuff, specifically for character options. Practically every allied race, plus Dracthyr, were races we had never heard of before. I didnt want Lightforged and Void Elves, I wanted Manari and High Elves. Who needs Highmountain Tauren when we coild have had Taunka? Who needs Vulpera when we could have had gilgoblins?

My problem with Dracthyr is that they arent familiar ENOUGH! It should have been a class, that replaces racial abilities and enters a druid-sized quadrupedal dragon form in combat. Like a dragon. They choose a visage based on a race of their choice, not just "not-an-elf male" and "not-a-human female". I am bummed.
    Honestly same. I think Dracthyr would have worked so much better as a class conceptually, not unlike DH's. They wouldn't even have to have gone hog wild with the customizations, just add horns, face/body scales/tattoos and eyes and pretty much every race could have been a "Dracthyr"

Then you just have all the Dracthyr customizations not unlike druid ones, like a DH Meta that you can customize. That would have been cool AF.

Making them both a race and a single class dilutes the possibilities, and you really don't have any upsides races usually have like multiple classes. That's the only thing that would have felt like an apropos justification. So let's hope they get more classes in the future; hell, if they make the Drakthyr form toggeable during combat for those, now that would feel pretty neat at least.