Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not returning, but not because Dragonflight has no interest for me... so much as I don't trust Blizz to handle the lore any better than it has the last few expansions.
    Twas brillig

Yeah but cautiously optimistic. Imma play dps envoker and crafting changes look good.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have always done the same - with the same philosophy - traditionally, i always get my moneys worth. Now im not so sure, but look forward to seeing class changes etc when they are ready to show those.

- - - Updated - - -

The "logic" they are using is that number is much higher than shown because the ppl who have quit are no longer on this forum, so not voting.
    My cycle, ever since WoD, has been: play the launch, leave after I cleared the second raid, come back in the last month of the expansion to get ready.

I often comeback for a week or two in the middle of the expac as well.

It has worked pretty well for me. lol
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    My cycle, ever since WoD, has been: play the launch, leave after I cleared the second raid, come back in the last month of the expansion to get ready.

I often comeback for a week or two in the middle of the expac as well.

It has worked pretty well for me. lol
    I have played everything since launch right through, with a few short breaks for other games - Wildstar, swtor, short one for GW2 etc. BfA was the first time i dropped an expansion and didnt come back till the final patch, and SL for me was just horrible. Fingers crossed DF can make some changes that appeal to me, but nothing shown yet has, so just gotta wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Yeah but cautiously optimistic. Imma play dps envoker and crafting changes look good.
    They do sound good, but im concerned its just going to send things much further down the P2W route, considering you can craft mythic raid quality and bis loot, is there anything stopping someone from just busting out their credit card and getting full bis? Maybe its limited slots or something, but i have some concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played everything since launch right through, with a few short breaks for other games - Wildstar, swtor, short one for GW2 etc. BfA was the first time i dropped an expansion and didnt come back till the final patch, and SL for me was just horrible. Fingers crossed DF can make some changes that appeal to me, but nothing shown yet has, so just gotta wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

They do sound good, but im concerned its just going to send things much further down the P2W route, considering you can craft mythic raid quality and bis loot, is there anything stopping someone from just busting out their credit card and getting full bis? Maybe its limited slots or something, but i have some concerns.
    I was the same until WoD. Sadly RL got in the way and I just couldnt dedicate as much time as I would like to WoW.

DF so far has showed me that they are aiming for the longevity of the game. Which, IMHO, is a good thing, if they nail Dragonriding, they might have me for the entire expansion. Lets see how things turn out. This theme is right up my alley. I just wished the drachtyr were a beefier and had a tanking spec, but hey, cant have everything i suppose.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I was the same until WoD. Sadly RL got in the way and I just couldnt dedicate as much time as I would like to WoW.

DF so far has showed me that they are aiming for the longevity of the game. Which, IMHO, is a good thing, if they nail Dragonriding, they might have me for the entire expansion. Lets see how things turn out. This theme is right up my alley. I just wished the drachtyr were a beefier and had a tanking spec, but hey, cant have everything i suppose.
    I actually agree entirely with the dragon boys - i just personally dont find them appealing at all, which is a real shame. I expected a DRAGON RACE/CLASS to have a tanking spec - it blows my mind they dont, tbh. Further than that though, i just felt they looked REALLY awkward and clunky, maybe just early version or something. Others may love them and thats fine, entirely subjective ofc.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah, pretty much spot on everything. Especially the fact that they had everything in their hands already and we all have seen how they went from "we fix" to "back to square one" regularly. That's the main reason people just said fuck it and at this point even recapturing the attention is insanely hard - most players have likely found other options (that were probably missing years ago) to entertain themselves.

I don't agree only with the cosmetic only-tiers. I like tier sets bonus, and given acquisition is not shit (Zereth Mortis thing is really good, just needs to come way sooner than 2 months after patch launch - after RWF ends is just good) you don't have terrible issues with scaling player power. Again, i see them as just test benches to add new stuff to classes. Also they help in setting a sort of baseline character power to design and balance raid fights.

Anyway, we have lived perfectly well without tier sets. I just happen to like them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

1+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard lost me late in Legion when I simply could not get the Legendary needed for my spec.
    The frustration of having mandatory artifacts that were also random drops broke my desire to play.

Then awhile later I saw the info for Battle for Azeroth and thought "There is nothing here for me." so skipped that expansion.

Then I saw the Shadowlands trailer and thought "She just broke the Lich King's helmet in half? This is gonna be the dumbest expansion ever."
    and didn't even bother.

But now Dragon Flight has caught my interest again. A new Dragon(ish) race? I'm onboard!
    Flying that will actually use some physics? I'm even more onboard!
    Return to talents, Return to classic WoW themes, and a modernized UI? I'm super onboard!

I'm the most excited for WoW that I've been since sometime in mid-Legion.
    So I'm definitely going to be a returning player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Yep, I return for every expansion. No matter what simply experiencing the new content/dungeons/revamp and playing WoW for a bit again is always worth the price of an expansion.

That being said, since BFA I only really play WoW for like the first 2 weeks of an expansion and then maybe a for a bit on the final patch. This is partly down to Blizzards new design model of add broken/time consuming mechanics that don't respect the player and then "fix" them in later patches and partly just down to the fact I have done everything I'll ever do in WoW so outside of experiencing new content and playing the game during the final patch when it's in a more enjoyable state I have very little left to do in WoW.
    You are playing correctly.
    1º Buy the new expc
    2º level to max
    3º Leave the game go play something else.
    4º Return to play the last patch, with all the goodies, QOL enhancements and catchup mechanics.

Repeat the first step.

Poll tries to cover all bases, no bias from me either way. Its a simple question: From the little you have seen from DF, is it enough to bring you back?

Personally, im waiting to see more, in particular what they are doing with the classes. Nothing i have seen has interested me at all really, the dragon flying looks fun, but really wouldnt be enough for me to pay a sub and buy an expansion.

note - option for those who are currently playing and will continue to play so it doesnt appear bias.
    Considering that Diablo Immortal sold more than 30million pre-orders...

I think our chances for plenty of people will return to DF is considerable. And WoW is not on the deathbed.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Considering that Diablo Immortal sold more than 30million pre-orders...

I think our chances for plenty of people will return to DF is considerable.
    How is a mobile game and a wow expansion linked in any way at all?

How is a mobile game and a wow expansion linked in any way at all?
    It proves that Blizzard knows thier market and running a pretty solid buisness - despite how much hate they recieved during the announcement of Diablo Immortal.

It also proves that this community is made of BS.

It proves that Blizzard knows thier market and running a pretty solid buisness - despite how much hate they recieved during the announcement of Diablo Immortal.

I dont know a single person who ever said immortal wasnt going to be successful - yes, there was a lot of disapointment from the PC community that Blizzard were pushing into mobile, but thats not the same thing. But if they know their market so well, what happened to War3 refunded? Why have they lost an astonishing amount of MAU's over the last 12-18 months? I believe they lost over 60,000,000 players in just the last 12 months alone.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-06 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Diablo Immortal is free-to-play, it didnt sold anything, it is pre-registered numbers, you know, when you are taking a dump, and click on the play store to remenber the day you can realy try it.

I dont know a single person who ever said immortal wasnt going to be successful - yes, there was a lot of disapointment from the PC community that Blizzard were pushing into mobile, but thats not the same thing. But if they know their market so well, what happened to War3 refunded? Why have they lost an astonishing amount of MAU's over the last 12-18 months? I believe they lost over 60,000,000 players in just the last 12 months alone.
    Market and quality is not the same.

Market is = you think you know.
    Quailty is general product management.

Basics.

I just want to express, that I really dislike this loud community. It's so cringe and misleading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by artam View Post
    Diablo Immortal is free-to-play, it didnt sold anything, it is pre-registered numbers, you know, when you are taking a dump, and click on the play store to remenber the day you can realy try it.
    30million unique idenifers are pretty considerable. You should press harder next time - belly ache can be serious.

Market and quality is not the same.

Market is = you think you know.
    Quailty is general product management.

Basics.

I just want to express, that I really dislike this loud community. It's so cringe.
    I find someone trying to hand-wave away the loss of over 60 MILLION players to be EXTREMELY cringe.

What about HOTS then? They abandoned that game, openly, and yet you still claim they "understand their market"? How can those 2 statements be true?

"We understand the market extremely well - side note, we are moving HOTS into maintenance mode because it was kind of a flop, but, those two things are TOTALLY unrelated, trust us, we TOTALLY understand the market really well!"

what about the fact you have lost over 60,000,000 players in 12 months?

"well ill tell you one thing, its not related to our ability to read the market at all! We just happen to be making games people do not want to play, but trust us, we know what they want to play!"

- - - Updated - - -

30million unique idenifers are pretty considerable. You should press harder next time - belly ache can be serious.
    When MANY f2p games have hundreds of millions of registered players, its really not. And its certainly not when its only HALF of the player count they have lost in the last 12 months.

I find someone trying to hand-wave away the loss of over 60 MILLION players to be EXTREMELY cringe.

What about HOTS then? They abandoned that game, openly, and yet you still claim they "understand their market"? How can those 2 statements be true?

"We understand the market extremely well - side note, we are moving HOTS into maintenance mode because it was kind of a flop, but, those two things are TOTALLY unrelated, trust us, we TOTALLY understand the market really well!"

"well ill tell you one thing, its not related to our ability to read the market at all! We just happen to be making games people do not want to play, but trust us, we know what they want to play!"
    Stop forcing thier failed products on me.

The fact they HAD 60M people - TELLS YOU THAT THEY KNOW THE MARKET.

Again - cringe my life.

Stop forcing thier failed products on me.
    How could they release a product that fails if they know their market so well?

- - - Updated - - -

When MANY f2p games have hundreds of millions of registered players, its really not. And its certainly not when its only HALF of the player count they have lost in the last 12 months.
    Many of those are Facebook supported platforms - with a complete different audiance.

Why would your grandma play Diablo Immortal?

- - - Updated - - -

How could they release a product that fails if they know their market so well?
    Yeah - snip out my last paragraph.

This is what you are telling me:

1)Blizzards reached out to 60M people - I don't even know where you got that number.
    2)You are mad that they lost the 60M.

Answers:
    1)That they reach out to 60M is a huge success.
    2)That the product was a failure, is a different story.

Many of those are Facebook supported platforms - with a complete different audiance.

Why would your grandma play Diablo Immortal?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - snip out my last paragraph.

This is what you are telling me:

1)Blizzards reached out to 60M people - I don't even know where you got that number.
    2)You are mad that they lost the 60M.

Answers:
    1)That they reach out to 60M is a huge success.
    2)That the product was a failure, is a different story.
    I got that number FROM THEIR OWN REPORTS. Cringe.

Why would my grandma play PUBG? Or dungeon Fighter? Or CrossFire?