Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've bought and played them all since November 2004. I doubt I'll decide to skip this one. I've been a first few months/last month or so of an xpac since BfA though. At this point I think its more 17+ years of habit. I'm always curious.

I heavily disliked most things about Shadowlands which caused me to leave right around Castle Nathria's launch. Dragonflight is promising but I need to know more before I make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    They actually have to show they want to make it better.
    Even more so, they have to DO it.

WANTING to do things better isn't good enough. Unless it HAPPENS, it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

And of course there's debate about what "make it better" means. Going away from borrowed power is a good step. Continuing on with time-gating trivial stuff like movement is a bad step. How it turns out on balance remains to be seen - and, naturally, will be highly subjective.

What's important is that people actually exercise their power as consumers. If you feel you can't accept their design decisions, then don't buy the product. If you disagree but purchase anyway, it's almost the same as agreeing - and then they'll keep doing what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve played every expansion, but shadowlands was the first where I quit in 9.1 and never came back. Such a disheartening experience. DF does look like it has promise, so I’ll likely return, but it depends on when that will be. The game can’t survive a Pandaria>WoD or longer break
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing since Vanilla, playing on and off since halfway Wrath. WoW has become Old Faithful. Always there, not always going.

If the game is enjoyable then I'll sub, if I get bored I'll play other games. DF will be no different.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Playing since Vanilla, playing on and off since halfway Wrath. WoW has become Old Faithful. Always there, not always going.

If the game is enjoyable then I'll sub, if I get bored I'll play other games. DF will be no different.
    This is a good summary.

But i've gotta admit that i have some hype for it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Poll tries to cover all bases, no bias from me either way. Its a simple question: From the little you have seen from DF, is it enough to bring you back?

Personally, im waiting to see more, in particular what they are doing with the classes. Nothing i have seen has interested me at all really, the dragon flying looks fun, but really wouldnt be enough for me to pay a sub and buy an expansion.

note - option for those who are currently playing and will continue to play so it doesnt appear bias.
    I will remain a true historian, explorer, and veteran, and continue to play the game in the next expansion. I have played since Vanilla beta, and I have survived Shadowlands and WoD, so I will continue to trot through. I enjoy the community I am part of, as well as enjoy exploring the zones/art, the developing story, and the small breadcrumbs. (And because it is like... the cheapest hobby I have).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you play strategy games as well? Or any other genre with high replayability?
    I still enjoy some Starcraft, some OW too, not many games lately hold my wish to replay after the first completion, and unlike WoW, I don't have much community interaction through those other games.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing WoW about a year ago due to rl-things and didn't go back to Shadowlands. I'll probably start again with the pre-patch-event to Dragonflight and play at least through the zones and see what it has to offer in story and adventuring. I'm not really interested in the new race-class, but will play the startzone to see what the story has to offer there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the most cheap games to me are 4X or global strategy games. Once bought, and thousands of hours playtime. Much cheaper than WoW. Also games like Lost Ark and ESO are much cheaper, as you have optional subs rather than subs you have to pay.
    Yeah, you have to have an interest in it as well as a will in the form of a community in it. ESO has tried and failed for me, same with Lost Ark, I partially play FF because it has something WoW doesn't, and it ain't roleplaying, but housing. Currently, there aren't many games online worth playing for me, as said. And even so, WoW still falls cheaper for me once you have invested time for it, as well as having community and friends there. I still buy some games but once completed, they don't really call much. The single-player game I've had the most replayability feeling from was freaking Bioshock 2. Elden Ring goes dull, Darksouls, dull, the standalone final fantasy games do not own a shred of the gameplay feel that the old ones did for me. You can preach hours from games but you can't find hours if the game doesn't connect with you. WoW doesn't always have my attention either, but still something I return to at least 20 hours a week. Not to mention that I've not paid a sub in the past 2 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think I will have to see more. I’m not convinced now. More titan stuff of course. Cosmos for life otherwise busted!

New class, new talents, borrowed power gone, maybe combat addons gone, yes i will return, even the new class should be enough fun to play Dragonflight for some month.
    If there won't be much content in the open world, well then i will quit again as i did in Shadowlands. Blizzard must bring enough content for casual players and i think they know it this time.

Nothing presented yet has interested me at slightlest... okay... maybe only ML + old talents returns are very good decision... but these are nothing new, right?

Maybe, it depends mostly on the time it takes for my buddies to get fed up with WoW these days. For me the game is mostly just an idiot tax for a glorified chat program we hang out in together. :P

Maybe Blizzard can rekindle some of that spark by accident, but I won't hold my breath.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I can confidently say that I always got my money's worth out of an expansion start, it's always been fun for the first 2-3 months, even WoD.

However the time until I unsub and wait for the next expansion/last patch of the current one has become faster and faster over the last few years, so I'm willing to wait longer and see this time if they've really acted on their promises first. (promises we have heard in bfa and sl alpha stages as well mind you)

Maybe. If they give Dracthyr masculine strong body option.

It's funny how people suddenly praise torghast, islands and warfronts.

From what I remember torghast is "too hard and inside the 'hardcore zone' maw, where casuals never put a single foot in", islands are a "chore you must do for azerite that is boring as hell with literally zero variance and also hardcore because you need to be faster than the enemy team which makes it a race against the clock which is all but casual" and not to forget warfronts that are "mind-numbingly dumb with 0 challenge involved. The only challenge there is trying to lose which is impossible. Also it's not queueable so definitely not for casuals".

il return to lvl a hunter if we get darkfallen, never played a ranged class before

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    It's funny how people suddenly praise torghast, islands and warfronts.
    "Praise".. sure, lol. People mostly lament that there was at least something for the solo crowd, even though it was (most definitely) badly excuted, because everything in WoW needs to be part of the hamster wheel, even if it is a 50 ton lead cube.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Yeah, absolutely, like most every other expansion before. I'm looking forward to playing through the new zones, playing through the story, checking out the new stuff and, most importantly, playing the Dracthyr/Evoker and seeing what the new talent trees are going to be like.