Page 10 of 391 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    If you are insulted because someone didn't visit your state, you need to grow up.

Or require candidates to make one visit to all 50 states.

If you look at the map for visits to state, a lot of states are visited by neither candidate and the "swing" states or "strong base" states are the only ones that get visited.
    sorry should have been clearer, the not visiting Wisconsin comment was just a reference to how shitty of a campaign she ran, a major battleground state that she only lost by like 23k votes i mean come on any idiot would know you need to push for a win there and show up.
    Last edited by Canpinter; 2022-05-03 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    For all the incredibly tiresome sHe RaN a BaD cAmPaIgN arguments, a) Hillary won the popular vote b) Biden televised / interwebbed much of his campaign c) yes, 30-40% of American voters are pretty terrible people d) spare me
    You forgot:
    e) The 2018 blue wave probably wouldn't have happened if Hilary was POTUS. She would've had limited ability to get anything done even if she was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why can't you guys just seperate into 50 different countries if you can't all live by the same laws?
    Most of the red states, the deep south [excluding Georgia, Texas and Florida] and the midwest would go bankrupt. California and New York will be making most of the money.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    sorry should have been clearer, the not visiting Wisconsin comment was just a reference to how shitty of a campaign she ran, a major battleground state that she only lost by like 23k votes i mean come on any idiot would know you need to push for a win there and show up.
    Yeah, but a swing of 10 electoral votes still has her losing. Wisconsin did not cost her the election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Most of the red states, the deep south [excluding Georgia and Florida] and the midwest would go bankrupt. California and New York will be making most of the money.
    Here is a map that I found.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...l-aid-by-state

It is insane that there are states that are paying the Federal government way more than they get in funding.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    On top of the effect on women's rights which is profound, this raises a couple big questions about the broken state of democracy.

The first is that 70% of the US public supports women's abortion rights, only 30% oppose it. So in a working democracy this shouldn't even be a close call. Yet a minority has managed to implement laws against a majority. Not enough attention is being paid to how much they are harming democracy for political gain and the left has been too passive in allowing it to happen.

The second is how strange and worrying the logic is that the SCOTUS is using to reach this conclusion. Their primary basis for it is that the word "abortion" isn't specifically listed in the Constitution. This is the far-right's goal though, to return the US to the 1700's. By that logic the Supreme Court could ban or restrict the use of computers, cell phones, cars, planes, Internet, etc. Electricity isn't listed in the Constitution, so by their logic the founding fathers didn't want us to have electricity. This is the insanity the minority is ruling by with help from a very complicit GOP Congress.

One other immediate reaction is that I definitely think that the right has overplayed their hand in a couple of cases recently, but this being the big one. Democrats had been worried about the 2024 election cycle, but this just gave them a massive boost. This has opened the door for a swing the other direction from the 70% that won't agree with this decision. To be fair though we'll have to see what the impact on the 2024 election cycle really is, since women voting in elections has often not gone as predicted. But I'd say it's at least gone from looking unfavorable to Democrats in 2024 to even odds with this.

The leak itself is a whole other issue and shows that SCOTUS is now politicized. This simply does not happen with Supreme Court decisions and it is a major hit on the reputation and integrity of the court. If it was done intentionally as some sort of narcissistic gloating by the justices on the right, that's even more disturbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I demand all men receive a vasectomy at age 18 and only be allowed to undo the process with the approval of a parent/guardian/spouse. If women don't have control over their bodies, men shouldn't either.
    Ive said this on these forums in the past, but rather needing to complete an application.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Is expanding the Supreme Court even an option?
    Has to pass in Congress

If Biden also passed an executive order, it would be shot down by the Supreme Conservatives
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Is expanding the Supreme Court even an option?
    Yes. The Court has had more than 9 justices in the past.

The Constitution does not limit the number of Justices.

1 Chief and 8 Associates is just "tradition" at this point.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Should the people be able to vote for Supreme Court justices?

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Should the people be able to vote for Supreme Court justices?
    Not really. An elected Judge is beholden to their political donors and isn't likely to be less partisan or even competent. Roy Moore, for example, was elected to his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The second is how strange and worrying the logic is that the SCOTUS is using to reach this conclusion. Their primary basis for it is that the word "abortion" isn't specifically listed in the Constitution. This is the far-right's goal though, to return the US to the 1700's. By that logic the Supreme Court could ban or restrict the use of computers, cell phones, cars, planes, Internet, etc. Electricity isn't listed in the Constitution, so by their logic the founding fathers didn't want us to have electricity. This is the insanity the minority is ruling by with help from a very complicit GOP Congress.
    Hmm, looks like when we pack the court, people will have the right to bear Arms, not guns or assault weapons or even knives. Good luck detaching a pair of bear arms without a gun though. Our furry overlords will be making their moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Based on this they’re all, “just abandon the kid, lol.”
    Obligatory

i mean ya people have pride and self respect? like if one candidate actively came to your house held you down and shit on your face would you still feel like you had to vote for them even if they where the best option? and would it be your fault if you didn't and then they lost?
    I’m sure women across the country are happy about your pride. Nice hyperbole I guess.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2022-05-03 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You can stop tagging me with your victimhood now.

I was specifically talking within the Biden thread, but whatever. Live with your guilt.
    Again, zero guilt, was just showing you it was going to happen with or without me saying it.

And not my victimhood, I am not Clinton blaming the voters or the others blaming the voters to keep from blaming Clinton.

Now, we can drop it as I have already prove you wrong when you said no one would bring up Clinton and incorrectly blaming the voters.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://twitter.com/notstevenwhite/s...D1SavaXXeC619g

https://twitter.com/a_h_reaume/statu...D1SavaXXeC619g

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...D1SavaXXeC619g

Keep in mind, Republicans do not plan to stop with abortion, they plan to go after same sex marriage and every other civil rights advancement since the constitution.

They want NOTHING but their culture to be allowed to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Not really. An elected Judge is beholden to their political donors and isn't likely to be less partisan or even competent. Roy Moore, for example, was elected to his position.
    Kavanaugh and Barrett are both of questionable qualifications.

And Thomas has been biased by his insane QANON wife.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I’m sure women across the country are happy about your pride.
    I did still vote for her but can't really blame some people for having more self respect then I do. And again if you really want someone to blame blame Clinton not the people she metaphorically shit on.

Thanks Clinton next time don't run such a shitty campaign.
    I'm really not trying to rehash 2016, but people really just don't get it. You think Trump was their ideal candidate? Those people went out and voted for him knowing one Justice was in the bag thanks to McConnell with maybe more to come. Other people chose to sit at home and didn't realize the BIG picture. The BIG picture of 2016 was the Supreme Court.

So Clinton being the worst modern candidate ever and just behind Trump was not setup for enthusiasm, but people need some common sense and vote if you believe there is immediate impact to electing a person.

In the end I guess people want some brilliant campaign and rallying to get them to vote. Have at it. Obama was a generational candidate and he was about as center-left and did nothing as far as progressive legislation. In fact this is for the other person, but Obama with his super majority in 2008 was really the only chance the Dems could have made Pro-choice into law. No way would the Dems of the 90's voted for this with Bill Clinton ironically. The nation wasn't there yet as far as majority approval.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I did still vote for her but can't really blame some people for having more self respect then I do. And again if you really want someone to blame blame Clinton not the people she metaphorically shit on.
    I'm not entirely sure "self respect" is the word for a choice that has ultimately led to the suffering and loss of rights for millions of people.

New statement from
    SenatorCollins
    : "If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office

While this topic is political this is more deep than most in here may usually go but posting in this thread.

So Collins is the perfect Republican operative. She played the dumb role and "I'm concerned" throughout the Trump years. She knew what Kavanaugh and Gorsuch would do if on the bench. Hey again the voters of Maine chose to vote for this. Idk if this was that big of issue in Maine, but goes to show that Collins is a good little soldier who did her duty, got re-elected and will retire, find lucrative work and maybe elected again when her term is up.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    In the end I guess people want some brilliant campaign and rallying to get them to vote.
    Yet again, no. That is what you guys keep getting wrong.

I didn’t need and wasn’t waiting for some ideal candidate. Just not voting for someone who metaphorically backhands me and tells me to fall in line because the other option is worse even though she worked to put that worse option there to elevate her which she was also caught doing asking the media to take him seriously to give her the most damaged candidate possible to run against.

Like a boss that actively insults and treats their workers like shit and creating a toxic environment, do you really blame the employees who left even if it cost them their jobs and had to take a loss looking for work elsewhere when they employer goes belly up from the key talent leaving or do you blame the boss who treated them like crap?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    In your blind rush to blame Hillary Clinton for your own choices, you've forgotten that I specifically said you could have not brought up Bernie. You literally started the whole thing in that thread with your premature victimhood. Yes, people like you, that are so fragile you wasted a vote because your feelings got hurt over what amounts to nothing, are the people I'd put a good amount of blame on in that regard.
    I was bringing up how others bring up the vote to blame the voters and I was correct.

And sorry, Clinton won’t have sex with you no matter how much you white knight for her.

And I accept my actions, you can’t even blame her for hers. Try again.

Because if they go with your mindset we might end up with another Trump in office from candidates running their own voters off and then blaming the voters instead of the politician.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.