Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Killing an infant in the womb IS murder, doesn't matter how hard you try to twist the definition.

Just simply ask your self this. Do you consider a 9 month old abortion murder?

If yes, then why not a 5 month old?

WHY
    Lets expand on this shall we...

First, lets combine the physical and the metaphysical. If you have a soul, it wouldn't be your hand, your feet, your penis, or even your brain directly. It would be your consciousness. Your ability to think, feel, and reasons, your hopes, and your fears, THAT would be your soul. If that isn't there, then you aren't there.

And, until pretty far, minimum 15 weeks in, a fetus is guaranteed to not have one. So, at that point, it isn't a person, it's just a cluster of cells. And to claim that terminating that is like saying that unplugging your brain dead relative on life support is murder as well even through it is a soulless husk with no person left in it.

Now, lets say you want to pivot and talk about the potential for consciousness later. Well, if that's the case, there is a 1 in near quintillion chance of an athletes foot infection to mutate a form of consciousness so its murder to spray that currently brain dead infection with tinactin. Or, lets be more realistic, science has already learned to take mature cells and revert them back into stem cells, and are getting to the point they can turn them into a fetus at which my the skin off my ass are as sacred as your living, breathing children are if you have them. Which is insane but that's the logic you end up with if you follow just potential.

So, it isn't about potential, its about what is. And the fetus has no soul because it has no consciousness at that point, so aborting it isn't murder, its dealing with a glorified vaginal infection before it turns into a person and becomes more.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude stfu, wanting to give babies a chance at life is not hating women, holy crap
    So... again, how many kids have you and your amazing wife adopted, then? How many unwanted kids have you given 'a chance at life'?

As to your repeated bullshit about "are you okay with killing babies X hours before the threshold time"; I am absolutely fine with terminating a pregnancy up to the moment of natural birth. Because, again, termination of a pregnancy is not "killing a baby". The fetus happening to die because it's not viable before a certain point is just a side-effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    You support this ruling though. So you believe a woman's right to life is granted by the state. Seems pretty fascist to me.
    If you mean that if her life is in danger, then no I don't agree on a red ruling that would dictate that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so again...

Would you be okay killing a baby that's 13 hours away from cross the no go line.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude stfu, wanting to give babies a chance at life is not hating women, holy crap
    I think it's quite funny that you actually have a line as well with contraceptives.

This is why Mike Pence was willing to be hanged. As a religious fundamentalist I believe he would have taken an "L" to take away women's rights.

Remember Pence stated just a few days ago that they accomplished very much in 4 years.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So... again, how many kids have you and your amazing wife adopted, then? How many unwanted kids have you given 'a chance at life'?

As to your repeated bullshit about "are you okay with killing babies X hours before the threshold time"; I am absolutely fine with terminating a pregnancy up to the moment of natural birth. Because, again, termination of a pregnancy is not "killing a baby". The fetus happening to die because it's not viable before a certain point is just a side-effect.
    Dude, I hope you get help cuz that last line is fucking evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why's that, exactly?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You're using these extremes to argue your point, when the vast percentage of abortions (90+%) happen before 13 weeks. A woman having a late-term abortion isn't someone that suddenly changed their mind -- something very bad happened to the fetus and/or mother.
    Because it's the truth...

If being so close to that line makes you so uncomfortable then that shows that you have a conscience and that deep down you know it's wrong.

Just saw news of the ruling. Another step on the road to Gilead.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Lol I mean that's pretty liberal. But idk I'm pro universal health care also if that makes you like me more. What else?
    No you're not pro-universal health care.

You are pro-healthcare you support.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

And why's that, exactly?
    If you need me to explain that to your the you're either a lost cause or young and naive. If it's the latter than I have hope for you but not time lol to keep discussing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

If being so close to that line makes you so uncomfortable then that shows that you have a conscience and that deep down you know it's wrong.
    Yes, abortion is wrong. But it is more wrong to force a woman through a pregnancy she does not want.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Not as evil as forcing a woman who was imprisoned against her will for five months to have her rapist's child.

'Too bad, so sad, no, no money for you to raise that rapist's child' - You
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account

Or that she understands that a 'late term abortion' is, again, an induced birth rather that trying to substitute moral nonsense for actual medical knowledge. Rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need me to explain that to your the you're either a lost cause or young and naive.
    Humor me.

Why is it 'fucking evil' to acknowledge that termination of a pregnancy and intentional killing of a fetus are not the same thing? Why are people who refuse to donate blood or organs not equally evil?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ignore the troll.
    Biden's next term is to go after those judges in some way.
    And congress needs to go after those judges that lied to their faces about Roe v Wade being established law.
    At minimum, stack the court. 13 courts? 13 SCOTUS judges. Constitution doesn't say how many judges sit on SCOTUS. One judge per American! Okay maybe not that but why not match the number of circuit courts?
    Putin khuliyo

Clarence Thomas writes, in a concurring opinion, that the Supreme Court should reconsider Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell — the rulings that now protect contraception, same-sex relationships, and same-sex marriage.
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...dogLbNVuA&s=19

It won't stop people

Trying not to be hyperbolic, but with Dems being the constant losers they are; in 2026 might be federal ban.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...dogLbNVuA&s=19

It won't stop people

Trying not to be hyperbolic, but with Dems being the constant losers they are; in 2026 might be federal ban.
    Which will work as well as the war on drugs.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Humor me.

Why is it 'fucking evil' to acknowledge that termination of a pregnancy and intentional killing of a fetus are not the same thing? Why are people who refuse to donate blood or organs not equally evil?
    "The fetus happening to die because it's not viable before a certain point is just a side-effect" is what I'm referring to.

Like you see it as so robotic.

Oh we did it at 8month so it should be fine. But at 4 month oh well it's probably gonna die but who knows.

At 2 month no chance.

Like these are babies were talking about man.