10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Think you quoted the wrong poster.
    I did! Hope it is obvious enough

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    So what is it then? Because legally speaking abortion is not murder. So where does this connection come from if it isn't your personal belief.

Just because you don't want to add this label to yourself doesn't change the fact that it is an argument purely based on your personal beliefs which are contradicted by society at large. Maybe you should have listened a bit more to these "librul profs" - could have helped...
    Just because the majority is pro choice doesn't make it right.

Way back when pro slavery was the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Fron legal no, from strictly moral of course it is. Let's be real now....
    It is debatable. Like a risk/benefit for society. Having an unwanted children lead a woman to poverty, especially when it is a young women. You can't go to college in most case, you will have difficulty to have a career, you will have difficulty bonding with your child, etc... leading to a terrible life for both of them. Is that what you want ?

It's shared by millions. What are you talking about?
    so does the earth being flat your point?

Okay okay, I'm off break we'll continue this later. Too many people responding to me lol

- - - Updated - - -

so does the earth being flat your point?
    That I'm not the only one?

Again just because it not a majority opinion doesn't make it right. Member slavery?

Okay NOW that's it

That I'm not the only one?

Again just because it not a majority opinion doesn't make it right. Member slavery?

Okay NOW that's it
    And the opposite is true as well, I am not sure how that's a good retort. A minority of people believe in Qanon so they must be right...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Montana voters reject 'born alive' abortion referendum

It is official. Every single constitutional amendment to restrict abortion failed to pass with pretty wide margins. We are talking about hard core red states here - Kansas, Kentucky and Montana.
    This cannot be stressed enough: The Republican position continues to consistently be rejected by their own voters. Even in deep red states attempts to permanently outlaw abortion or specify that their Constitution does not grant a right/legal access to it keep losing.

That's it. That's the long and short of it. America is largely with "us" on this, even if we have differences of opinion when it comes to limitations. But the resounding, repeat result is this: American's consistently reject extremist Republican attempts to outlaw all access to reproductive health services like abortion. Period. There's no ifs, ands, or buts.

And the opposite is true as well, I am not sure how that's a good retort. A minority of people believe in Qanon so they must be right...
    I guess his point is that because a majority believes in something does not make it absolutely right. Flat earth theory is BS because science. Abortion is a bit muddy in that area, it is more about morals and what we want our society to become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the majority is pro choice doesn't make it right.

Way back when pro slavery was the majority.
    The common consensus isn't only about the legality of abortion. If you don't think woman can decide without your consent when it comes to their own bodies, it would make you a perfect fit for the taliban government. Your claim that a lump of cells suddenly is a human being with human rights. Where does this idea come from if it isn't some religious belief - because it sure as hell isn't science.

So given all that. Sure, go ahead claim that you're not religious, but if you have a religious opinion based on religious arguments, i'm confident in calling a duck a duck.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-11-10 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This cannot be stressed enough: The Republican position continues to consistently be rejected by their own voters. Even in deep red states attempts to permanently outlaw abortion or specify that their Constitution does not grant a right/legal access to it keep losing.

That's it. That's the long and short of it. America is largely with "us" on this, even if we have differences of opinion when it comes to limitations. But the resounding, repeat result is this: American's consistently reject extremist Republican attempts to outlaw all access to reproductive health services like abortion. Period. There's no ifs, ands, or buts.
    That or the brainwashed Gen z are coming out of the wood work to get their social media stars.

That or the brainwashed Gen z are coming out of the wood work to get their social media stars.
    Says the brainwashed you...

The common consensus isn't only about the legality of abortion. And honestly, if you don't think woman can decide without your consent when it comes to their own bodies, it would make you fit perfectly into the religious afghan government. Your claim that a lump of cells suddenly is a human being with human rights. Where does this idea come from if it isn't some religious belief - because it sure as hell isn't science.

So given all that. Sure, go ahead claim that you're not religious, but if you have a religious opinion based on religious arguments, i'm confident in calling a duck a duck.
    Does a fetus turn into a carrot?

A lump of cells is just a stage of HUMAN development so yeah no science is with me. But science isn't grounded by morals, in fact, arguably the opposite.

And society needs to be run by morals

A lump of cells is just a stage of HUMAN development so yeah no science is with me. But science isn't grounded by morals, in fact, arguably the opposite.

And morals evolve with time. At a time, it was legal and moral to own a slave.

10+ Year Old Account

So anti science, only (YOUR!) morality - and you still claim to not be religious?

Looking forward to see you arguing for banning chemotherapy for cancer... "iTs JuSt A sTaGe oF hUmAn DeVeLoPmEnT"

If your wife is fine with that, that's nice for the both of you. Now stop forcing your morals on other people. Honestly, that's the problem with religious folks like you. Not your ideas- but the constant need to enforce it on others.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-11-10 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And morals evolve with time. At a time, it was legal and moral to own a slave.
    I doubt killing an unwanted baby is ever gonna be accepted by everyone as moral.

The absolute buttmad rage being directed towards Gen Z after Tuesday is truly delightful. Y'all are just so pissed that younger people like, basically completely reject a shitty platform that does nothing for them and actively takes hostile policy positions.

Don't be so salty when your parties platform is just deeply, astoundingly unappealing to people who haven't had decades of Fox News injected into their rectums.

So anti science, only (YOUR!) morality - and you still claim to not be religious?

Looking forward to see you arguing for banning chemotherapy for cancer... "iTs JuSt A sTaGe oF hUmAn DeVeLoPmEnT"
    Being pregnant is not a sickness. Going full hyperbole does not help your argument.

How is it anti science. If you come across a case we're someone's fetus turned into a PS5 please let me know so I can shut up, and to give me the contact info since I still can't get my hands on one.

And lol, what?

I doubt killing an unwanted baby is ever gonna be accepted by everyone as moral.
    And yet, how do you explain those pro abortion pushes even in red state ?

Look, I, myself, see abortion as a necessary evil. I do not like it but I recognize its usefulness in our society. I get your argument but they are 100 years too late.

Being pregnant is not a sickness. Going full hyperbole does not help your argument.
    You'd be surprised how many pro choicers make similar insane comparisons.

Congrats you've taken a small, yet significant step into pro life. We meet every Wednesday and bring empanadas

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, how do you explain those pro abortion pushes even in red state ?

Look, I, myself, see abortion as a necessary evil. I do not like it but I recognize its usefulness in our society. I get your argument but they are 100 years too late.
    Because Gen z is starting to vote and they're plagued by leftist social media.