Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You said 12-13k viable fetuses couldn't be dismissed. That was your number that you extrapolated from sources that did not use such terminology. You also had a comparison with gun homicides for reasons I still don't quite get but whatever.
    Never said viable fetuses. I know this because viability debates tangle in the ability of the unborn baby to survive outside the womb. The gun homicides comparison is just in case people forget 10,000 is not an unworthy number to discuss in debates of national importance.

"More authority" or "less authority" means nothing. "What authority" is what matters, and the issue is a lot more muddled than "whatever isn't explicitly mentioned as going to the national government goes to the States". If it were clear, well, there wouldn't be a wide variety of interpretations on the subject. Subjectively as well, I really don't believe fundamental rights should be up to States much like they shouldn't be up to provinces in Canada or landers in Germany or whatnot. And again, whenever you're arguing from the position of the mother or the fetus, abortion very much is a fundamental rights issue. If federal government powers must be restricted, so must be the power of states, and some things should be too big for them.

As for the rest, yes agree to disagree, I feel like this has gone on enough already.
    Absolutely, it's a fundamental rights issue. Unborn child and mother. I doubt places like Germany would have stricter abortion laws than places like Colorado and New Jersey if they didn't have some consideration of it (in terms of elective, late-term abortions). And, yes, we've gone on long enough to give it a rest. I don't really classify state power as being restrained by anything "too big" for them, but rather such civil rights and freedoms which are guaranteed by the constitution to the individual are sheltered from state powers. The federal government has a big enough job with foreign affairs, treaties and war, taxation, and defense.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    You kinda have to be unhinged to not see what the goals of protesting his house are. If you agree with those then I am worried
    The goals of making them know, directly, that their decisions and views are unpopular, yes. Anything beyond that, so far, is pure personal fantasy.

Yeah its free speech and yeah its a protest but what is the goal of protesting in front of his house where they live as opposed to the supreme court building?
    They're doing both? Because SCOTUS Justices can easily ignore the protests outside the SCOTUS building which defeats the point of protesting (getting attention)?

Would you be cool if conservatives staked out the house of judges to protest the legalization of gay marriage? Or is this a case by case thing where only certain causes are granted the benefit.
    As long as they were peaceful and abiding by local noise ordinances etc., that's perfectly acceptable. As long as they're not threatening violence with signs or protest chants, have at it.

And we could call them homophobic bigots who want to restrict peoples freedoms, as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Funniest part of all this is people will forget all about this come Nov because of high gas prices. Republicans will take back house and senate.
    Perhaps people already view inflation and the economy as more important. Particularly in places that already have popularly-supported abortion laws on the books.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The federal government has a big enough job with foreign affairs, treaties and war, taxation, and defense.
    I mean, at least you're getting increasingly honest and think our rights should, apparently, be purely determined by what state someone is born in. Guess all the high falootin language about "universal rights" and "natural rights" and whatnot from conservatives is all just a bunch of dishonest claptrap they don't actually believe.

Still wondering why states, given their radically different sizes and populations, are the "goldilocks" size for enforcing personal values on others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Perhaps people already view inflation and the economy as more important. Particularly in places that already have popularly-supported abortion laws on the books.
    Oddly enough, highlighting how places with the strictest abortion laws are also the most generally ignorant of the actual causes of inflation.

10/10 stuff.

You kinda have to be unhinged to not see what the goals of protesting his house are. If you agree with those then I am worried

Yeah its free speech and yeah its a protest but what is the goal of protesting in front of his house where they live as opposed to the supreme court building?

Would you be cool if conservatives staked out the house of judges to protest the legalization of gay marriage? Or is this a case by case thing where only certain causes are granted the benefit.

Its not cool to do it. Simple as.
    What in the fuck are the goals of protesting at an abortion clinic as opposed to moving those pro-life protests the state capitol where the laws are made? You kind of have to be unhinged to think this is a one-sided issue.

People going in for routine medical examinations like a cancer screening don't need to have some fucking cuck shouting that they're going to hell for killing babies all the while worried that one of these fucking cunts has a gun and is going to storm the clinic while they're there.

Fuck off with your bullshit.

Gilead is here.

https://www.newsweek.com/man-tells-a...-video-1704667

"I am the people, I am the people, I am the people, the people have decided, the court has decided, you lose," he responded to the crowd.
    In response to another chant, the man—who was wearing an "America First" hat—said: "You have no choice. Not your body, not your choice, your body is mine and you're having my baby."
    https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/stat...-video-1704667

And of course those fucking animals Paul Gosar and Marjorie Taylor Green proceeded to call them heroes.

The men holding rosaries, Bibles, and wearing America First hats bravely defending their churches against the abortionist horde are heroes, every single one of them. Heroes.
    Gilead is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Gilead is here.

https://www.newsweek.com/man-tells-a...-video-1704667

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/stat...-video-1704667

And of course those fucking animals Paul Gosar and Marjorie Taylor Green proceeded to call them heroes.

Gilead is here.
    The height of modern conservatism: Standing on church doorsteps trolling protesters asking for basic human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The height of modern conservatism: Standing on church doorsteps trolling protesters asking for basic human rights.
    I have absolutely no doubt that that guy would rape and impregnate every woman there and then force them to carry to term if he had that power. These are the heroes of the conservative movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I have absolutely no doubt that that guy would rape and impregnate every woman there and then force them to carry to term if he had that power. These are the heroes of the conservative movement.
    I mean...violently, probably not. But passed out drunk like rapist Brock Turner? 100% without a doubt.

Big "But she never said no!" energy from those deeply inadequate dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...violently, probably not. But passed out drunk like rapist Brock Turner? 100% without a doubt.

Big "But she never said no!" energy from those deeply inadequate dudes.
    Who could say no to a body like that. She might have said no, but what she was wearing, how she was looking at me, the vagina she had. Yeah she wanted me. Badly. You could tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Y'all keep repeating this but never seem to be willing to answer the question as to why.
    They want to own slaves again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why, though?
    As I said, they want to own slaves again.

This will be a freaking mess.

Canada and Mexico prepare to accept Americans seeking abortions

South of the US border, Mexican advocates are preparing for an increase in Americans visiting to access abortion services. In 2021, Mexico’s supreme court ruled it was unconstitutional to criminalize abortion, although access still varies by state.

The advocacy group Las Libres is part of a network that helps people on both sides of the border access abortion pills. Vero Cruz, advocacy coordinator with Las Libres, said Americans can technically obtain surgical abortions in public clinics in certain Mexican states for free, though she doesn’t know of anyone who has done so yet. Cruz said surgical abortions were available in Sinaloa, Coahuila and Baja California, but only up to 12 weeks of pregnancy.

“The women who are crossing into Mexico are coming to Monterrey, Tijuana and other cities to have abortions using medication,” she said. The abortion pills are free, too. “It’s completely free, it costs nothing.” She said both private and public clinics in border cities in Mexico were planning for an American influx; both Tijuana and Coahuila recently set up services, she said.

Egan said Americans in Canada will be warmly received, too. “For a cabinet minister to say that Americans would be welcome here, gives the sense that the government is considering the possibility, and making it clear they would not be interfering in that.”

Many Canadians are upset about the looming end of Roe v Wade, she said. “There’s tremendous upset, distress and anger that Americans would be in the situation of having to face this kind of thing. So my sense is people will do everything they can to make access easier.”

Planned Parenthood & Blue Ridge offer free transportation, lodging and meal for patients that need to go to states where abortion is legal. They are looking to expand the service to Canada and Mexico also.

It now boils down to spreading the words that there are options. This is not the 60s anymore.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-05-09 at 11:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I know I won't get a serious response from this board...but can anyone honestly say they would be okay if Donald Trump created a Disinformation Governance Board? And even the secretary of homeland security was weary of the person picked to run it after actually learning things she has done. No, it's not created to stifle free speech, just like twitter people are going nuts because they can't censor the same people like they used to when Musk takes over, having some of them stating they need more censorship. But I'm pushing propaganda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ime-rates.html

This is how a nation bashing Canadian always reacts, calling the statement an empty lie. The da will not pursue enhancement charges and refuses to prosecute certain charges. I guess I am lying because I provide proof of how the da is being soft on crime and Endus results to just saying I am lying. But he always does this. Next he will call me racist or homophobic for saying the da is soft on crime. That's his other M.O.

So if I post links that support what I say, does that mean I have a clue what's going on and you don't, or you just keep attack me? You think you're more knowledgeable because you live in racist country where blackface users get to be prime minister, whereas in America they just get to be democratic governors.
    This isn't even on topic. You were crying about Democrats shitting on free speech and second amendment rights, and then you launch into some tangent about crime because Endus calls you out for pushing conspiracies, which you are.

Banning racists calling for violence against minorities, or banning misogynists making jokes about hurting women, or any number of other typical conservative twitter users, is not censorship. At least not in regards to the legality of it. It might be "censorship" (non legal definition) in that people can no longer spew hurtful and hateful speech on the biggest social media platform in the world. But I think most of us are ok with that. And if you're not ok with that, that just says more about you than anything.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You basically admit you would have a problem with Trump creating such a board but will not admit you have a problem with Biden doing it. You're all the same...attack attack attack but don't answer the simple question posited. The answer was: No, no one will give an honest answer, just attack.
    Once again, I would have a problem with Trump doing it because he was the one creating the disinformation. It would be hiring the fox to guard the henhouse
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    This will be a freaking mess.

Canada and Mexico prepare to accept Americans seeking abortions

Planned Parenthood & Blue Ridge offer free transportation, lodging and meal for patients that need to go to states where abortion is legal. They are looking to expand the service to Canada and Mexico also.

It now boils down to spreading the words that there are options. This is not the 60s anymore.
    Lawyers all over America are positively salivating. This will be fodder for so many lawsuits in the years to come.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    You kinda have to be unhinged to not see what the goals of protesting his house are.
    And those goals are making sure he's aware that they're unhappy with the leaked decision. Protesting.

If you're seeing anything more, you're projecting your own issues onto the situation, and that's on you. There's been no violence by the groups protesting outside justices' houses the last few days, that I'm aware of, it's literally just free speech in action.

Why not both?

Welcome to a free society.

Again, I judge the character of protesters for their choice of issue and their position on it, not that they are protesting at all.

I'd take issue with protestors protesting against marriage equality because those protesters are homophobic bigots who get their jollies from subjugating and abusing innocent people, by virtue of their stance opposing marriage equality. Not that they were choosing to engage in protest. The antipathy would be entirely based on the position they're supporting, not their choice of tactic or venue.

Because that choice is freedom of speech.

And I'm not even arguing they shouldn't be allowed to protest. I and everyone else are just gonna call them homophobic dickfaced shitweasels for the views they're upholding in doing so.

So go on; feel free to try and find some ethical failing in people who don't support women being denied their rights and turned into what are effectively breeding livestock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Lawyers all over America are positively salivating. This will be fodder for so many lawsuits in the years to come.
    If you're gonna get sued in the USA for legal abortions done in Canada, I guarantee you that Canadian healthcare services will just officially lie straight to the American courts about what procedure they were here for. Unapologetically and with full legal support from our government.

Wouldn't be the first time. Just not usually with another developed nation being the one we're protecting people from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Must suck to be bound by a constitution writteN when women were shit and 'negros' were not worh shit.
    All hail political appointments.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-05-10 at 12:18 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to go to Planned Parenthood this week. I really hope there's no asshole protesters blocking my access :s Because god forbid women get basic healthcare done.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And those goals are making sure he's aware that they're unhappy with the leaked decision. Protesting.

If you're seeing anything more, you're projecting your own issues onto the situation, and that's on you. There's been no violence by the groups protesting outside justices' houses the last few days, that I'm aware of, it's literally just free speech in action.

Why not both?

Welcome to a free society.

Again, I judge the character of protesters for their choice of issue and their position on it, not that they are protesting at all.

I'd take issue with protestors protesting against marriage equality because those protesters are homophobic bigots who get their jollies from subjugating and abusing innocent people, by virtue of their stance opposing marriage equality. Not that they were choosing to engage in protest. The antipathy would be entirely based on the position they're supporting, not their choice of tactic or venue.

Because that choice is freedom of speech.

And I'm not even arguing they shouldn't be allowed to protest. I and everyone else are just gonna call them homophobic dickfaced shitweasels for the views they're upholding in doing so.

So go on; feel free to try and find some ethical failing in people who don't support women being denied their rights and turned into what are effectively breeding livestock.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're gonna get sued in the USA for legal abortions done in Canada, I guarantee you that Canadian healthcare services will just officially lie straight to the American courts about what procedure they were here for. Unapologetically and with full legal support from our government.

Wouldn't be the first time. Just not usually with another developed nation being the one we're protecting people from.
    Oh, not just Canada. I know our stance on the matter. But also Mexico, and going to other States, and ordering pills, and doctors still proceeding with abortions despite the law, so on and so forth. The dodging will be extremely widespread.

Ironically, these measures take time and will likely mean more abortions later during the pregnancy... you know, the think some conservatives really don't like.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I have to go to Planned Parenthood this week. I really hope there's no asshole protesters blocking my access :s Because god forbid women get basic healthcare done.
    If there are, just tell them(if they are men) that being within 1000 feet of a Planned Parenthood will cause their balls to shrink and fall off. Pre-emptive abortion and all that.