What doesn't taste like chicken?

Do snakes taste like chicken? What about other reptiles? Is there anything out there that doesn't taste like chicken?

Only chicken tastes like chicken. What people are often describing is a mild flavor when attributing "taste like chicken" to other products. If I made a broth with just water, salt & chicken, another broth with water, salt & alligator, and one with water, salt & rabbit- you would notice the difference starkly.

Preparation often obscures the flavor of chicken as well. Again, it's a very mild product. So chicken tends to be heavily seasoned compared to other products. This is also why one can give the attributed taste of "chicken" to other products such as rice, pasta, plant-based product, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Do snakes taste like chicken? What about other reptiles? Is there anything out there that doesn't taste like chicken?
    Pork, Beef, rabbit, duck, turkey, frog, alligator, fish, and shrimp to name a few.

Even things that are the most related to chicken, like turkey or (more distantly) duck don't taste like chicken. But if you take a mild-tasting meat, and smother it with sauce or batter and fry it, it's an easy comparison to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only chicken tastes like chicken. What people are often describing is a mild flavor when attributing "taste like chicken" to other products. If I made a broth with just water, salt & chicken, another broth with water, salt & alligator, and one with water, salt & rabbit- you would notice the difference starkly.
    I am suddenly really curious about how many alligator broths you have made...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I am suddenly really curious about how many alligator broths you have made...
    I lived in Florida, went to culinary school, and worked in restaurants during my younger days. Creole stew, which has gator in it, is a thing. It's decent.

Gator is pretty mild, slightly fishy/briney. The texture is very different from chicken.

https://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/...reole-stew.htm

All ass takes like shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans taste more like pork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I tried rattlesnake once. It tasted like chicken but bitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Long pork nickname for human meat.

Fried frog legs taste like a cross between chicken and fish.

Ironically enough, even chicken doesn't really taste like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Supposedly closer to veal with a slightly sweeter taste. A number of cannibals have described it as such and even a few doctors ran experiments consuming it.

just about most things that aren't chicken taste like... not chicken.. mostly I find it is people with poor pallets that think everything tastes like chicken.