Poll: What is your favorite airline for travel and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

What is your favorite airline for travel and why?

During the holiday season or when you have to.

What is your favorite airline for travel and why?

Alaskan, American Airlines, Air Canada.

Reliable, Affordable when taking everything else into account

What is your least favorite and why?

Southwest and Spirit

Because I literally think the only reason these Airlines exist is because they are cheap and people flying are desperate for whatever reason
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Domestic - none. They all sucked.

International - EVA Air. Although we haven't travelled anywhere since Covid. So not sure if it is still as good as it used to be.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-12-29 at 04:29 AM.

The heck kind of Chicken Drummer-tier question is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one cheap-ish childless flights?
    Probably, that one.
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2022-12-29 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

So this is another "everyone is from the US thread" ?

My personal favorite is SAS of the ones I tried, crew are nice and the food is actually good.

Granted the only other airlines I tried were Lufthansa and ANA.

Any of the budget EU airlines have been great, even used ryanair a few times and they were great.

To get to st ives earlier this year I used Logan air ( I think) that was the first time I'd been on a propeller plain and they were great. The public transport is a mess down there so got a cab from Newquay.

I've not had any trouble with the Japan airlines or Australian ones but only used them like two holidays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Which one cheap-ish childless flights?
    Probably, that one.
    Non and now morons are bringing emotional support pets on planes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    So this is another "everyone is from the US thread" ?

My personal favorite is SAS of the ones I tried, crew are nice and the food is actually good.

Granted the only other airlines I tried were Lufthansa and ANA.
    Sorry I really try not to do that. I understand it's obnoxious but I did try to add as many international popular carriers in the poll. Just curious what makes people pick one over another.

Right now in the U.S Southwest is in the news for royally fucking up big on thousands upon thousands of flights through the Christmas holiday season

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Any of the budget EU airlines have been great, even used ryanair a few times and they were great.

To get to st ives earlier this year I used Logan air ( I think) that was the first time I'd been on a propeller plain and they were great. The public transport is a mess down there so got a cab from Newquay.

I've not had any trouble with the Japan airlines or Australian ones but only used them like two holidays
    Heard a bit of bitching about Ryan Air how they jam pack people into flights like it's a flying sardine can.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Heard a bit of bitching about Ryan Air how they jam pack people into flights like it's a flying sardine can.
    Yeah they get a lot of shit but I think it's mainly in the past from what were considered predatory practices that are fairly normal now.

I've flown with them probably twenty times and it's been fine.

I've just done a quick search, Manchester to Amsterdam in march, return and it was 78 pounds. The flight is around an hour iirc.

Where they get stick is they'd charge me for anything over a certain size bag if I put it in luggage, choosing my seat, getting priority boarding.

But if I'm going Amsterdam it's with mates, I don't care where I sit because I'll just go and talk to them anyway until I get told I can't, which hasn't happened, or I read, I am a little scared of planes ( a lot lol) so having a beer and reading or talking with mates is fine.

Also it will only be like 4 nights or something so I can fit all my needs in a rucksack

I don't think I've ever had a bad experience on any budget internal EU flight although I have only really flown internal UK since Brexit what with covid. Newquay twice and a London one ince

10+ Year Old Account
    US Domestic: Alaska or Hawaiian, by far.

International: Used to be Cathay Pacific until certain events happened, so I'd say my top spot would go to Singapore Airlines or JAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.