Question about fan splitters ?

So I got a fan splitter that is made for both 3-4 pin fans and will be plugged into a 4 pin pwn socket on my motherboard, my question is what happens if I only connect 3 pin fans to it. will it still power the fans even those the asus motherboard cannot detect the pwm fan or will it kill power to the port disabling all 3 fans
    You can call it trolling, you can call it flat out heresy, you don't have to like it or agree with it and you can even ban me for it but I refuse to be suppressed.

3pin fans on 4pin headers will simply run at full 12V power if PWM is enabled.

Some boards have DC mode as BIOS option for the fan curves, so you are still able to adjust the RPM, just not via PWM but with less steps and the min-RPM is different between PWM and DC - DC MIN_RPM is higher (~40%).

For case fans I would honestly get 4pin versions just to be able to modulate the fan curves better. Under idle or just some light gaming, you could run the fans at lower RPM with 4pin and PWM. Its just a QoL feature, but 3pin will work aswell, it would be just a really strange choice.
    -