Is it a bug or intended that Horde and Alliance can't trade M+ gear?

Title, pretty much. Seems silly they're able to work together now but can't share gear they don't need after the dungeon. I realize trade anything would be a little much but at least the end-of-dungeon loot.

You can literally trade normal non bound gear and gold (as long as you're on the same realm), as well as bound shareable loot with the same rules as in same faction groups.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Title, pretty much. Seems silly they're able to work together now but can't share gear they don't need after the dungeon. I realize trade anything would be a little much but at least the end-of-dungeon loot.
    Why?

Why would it matter if they could trade whatever?

It's one of those rules that exist but have no real reason for existing, other than "just because." "But, but, but, server economy!" What economy? It's a nonsense concept; there's no manufactured goods, there's no finite resources or wealth, there's no trade agreements.

It's just so... ugh. A rule that exists simply for the sake of having a rule.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I am curious. Can horde and alliance talk in a dungeon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Is M+ really an exception or did you try after leaving? I admit I haven't tried to trade gear in keys (but I have done so in raid), but did you try while in the instance still, or did you try in town after? You have to be in an instance to trade cross-faction, even if they are loot eligible. If you've both left when you realise you don't need something, you need to zone into a nearby instance to do it. This works for raid loot, in any case. If it doesn't work for m+ loot, I'd assume an oversight because it's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Ok, I am curious. Can horde and alliance talk in a dungeon?
    Yes.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Is M+ really an exception or did you try after leaving? I admit I haven't tried to trade gear in keys (but I have done so in raid), but did you try while in the instance still, or did you try in town after? You have to be in an instance to trade cross-faction, even if they are loot eligible. If you've both left when you realise you don't need something, you need to zone into a nearby instance to do it. This works for raid loot, in any case. If it doesn't work for m+ loot, I'd assume an oversight because it's supposed to.

Yes.
    You can, in fact, trade loot cross faction after a M+ Dungeon but you need to be in a dungeon together to trade it. I've traded M+ gear multiple times to the tank I run with who recently switched his tank to alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    You can, in fact, trade loot cross faction after a M+ Dungeon but you need to be in a dungeon together to trade it. I've traded M+ gear multiple times to the tank I run with who recently switched his tank to alliance.
    Ah, that's the reason then. We went back to Oribos first to try to trade.