Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Huh? I've already shown you that in the RPG they do it like in WoW:
    No you are just quoting Fanfic what I just quoted you is what Meta is in the RPG nothing more nothing less it’s just a buff to caster level it is nothing at all like Wow’s meta.

Call it power, essence, soul, energy or whatever. It is still the personification of the demon.
    They don't turn into demons by gorging on fel energies. It's by absorbing the power of a certain demon. His essence.
    again your making up fanfic. Essence is just magic power in the RPG demon hunters take in demonic magic and turn into demons they have nothing to do with souls the “ personification of any demon” or any thing else like the Wow demon hunters.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Their lore.
    Are you raised in undeath if you pick such customizations?
    This is what I have the biggest issue with, with the DR customizations atm, are they now telling me death is trivial and I can decide whether I want to be alive and dead at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    No you are just quoting Fanfic what I just quoted you is what Meta is in the RPG nothing more nothing less it’s just a buff to caster level it is nothing at all like Wow’s meta.
    Okay. Sure, buddy... fanfic. -_-

again your making up fanfic. Essence is just magic power in the RPG demon hunters take in demonic magic and turn into demons they have nothing to do with souls the “ personification of any demon” or any thing else like the Wow demon hunters.
    Fel then? They gorge themselves on fel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    This is what I have the biggest issue with, with the DR customizations atm, are they now telling me death is trivial and I can decide whether I want to be alive and dead at the same time?
    Apparently.
    Because, according to racial lore, none of the Hunters of these races are Dark Rangers.

For example?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wor...leplaying_Game

Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.

- Ask Creative Development -- Round II Answers | 2011-06-23 00:00 | Bashiok

And secondly, Prestige Classes don't exist in WoW.

Their lore.
    Are you raised in undeath if you pick such customizations?
    That is exactly what the red eyes and pale skin customizations represent.

Do you think red eyes and pale skin is meant to represent a living Elf?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-09 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't recall it EVER being canon.
    Was back in Vanilla through TBC and Wrath. The inspiration for Xarantaur, that tauren NPC up in Storm Peaks, used it a lot. Elements from it still show up of course (See: Rastakhan or the joke with Jaina's other brother about not being canon)

So, was canon up until 2011 then they decided to stop treating it as canon but still take elements from it. Best clarifier post before that was Eyonix in 2005 confirming it was canon at the time.

Like, seriously, the RPG of all places was the first place that explained why gnomes didn't show up in WC3
    Last edited by Mecheon; 2022-06-09 at 02:15 PM.

They should have put out a new allied race instead, but I could see them not wanting to do it because they screwed up adding undead Night Elves to the Dark Ranger lore and can't backtrack that. Customizations are going to be as close as we get to it, just like the Wildhammer being Bronzebeard Dwarf Race with Tattoo customizations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Sure, buddy... fanfic. -_-
    it is literally fanfic you can check your self by reading the RPG books what I quoted you is all Meta is in the RPG wowpedia is incorrectly combining it with Demonic ascendance and leaving out the change in subcategory Making them demons and the loss of the humanoid classification.

Even it being at the pinnacle of the demon hunter is just fanfic Meta is 7th level ascendance is 10h.

1st Demonic aura, enlightenment, evasion, warblade

2nd Demon bane (+1d6), artful dodge +1, mana burn 1/day

4th Demon drain, immolation 1/day

6th Demon bane (+2d6), dodge +2, enlightenment (45 ft.)

7th Improved warblade, mana burn 2/day
    Demon bane (+3d6), dodge +3, immolation 2/day, improved evasion Dark metamorphosis 1/day

9th Demon bane (+4d6), dodge +4, enlightenment (60 ft.), mana burn 3/day Immolation 3/day

10th Demon bane (+5d6), demonic ascendance, dodge +5, greater warblade

Fel then? They gorge themselves on fel?
    corrupted Arcane, which changes the caster when there corruption level hits certain break points ultimately changing them for ever.

Fel in the RPG is corrupted arcane which uses demon blood directly.

FelEnergy

The ultimate manifestation of the demonic ar-
    cane on Azeroth is fel energy.This energy,which
    most commonly manifests itself as ghastly yellowflame, is arcane magic at its most corrupt,for B-15 *B it employs the blood of demons. Spells with the fel descriptor are very difficult to resist.Caster again a + 10 fel bonus on caster level checks made to penetrate spell resistance,and the DC of saving throws increasesby +7. Casters who cast fel spells also risk massive amounts of Arcane Corruption. Castings fel spell is described by many spell casters as a euphoric experience.
    ArcaneCorruption

Arcane spell casters, under certain circumstances may be forced to make a Corruption check. A Corruption check is a \Will save made against a target number; if the character fails this save,he suffers Arcane Corruption damage.
    A character has an Arcane Comrption allowance equal to his Wisdom plushistotal character levels.In essence, this number representsthe "the hit points of the soul"

He receives a major Corruption Effect, which is an extremely serious blemish - by this point, the character will find living a normal life extremely difficult. Major Corruption Effects require very powerful divine healing ro remove, and they stack with both moderate and minor ones.
    \When a defiled character allowance drops to zero or below he’s beyond redemption. (
    Demon hunters only use Fel at all after turning into a full on demon and even that is only on one ability.

Greater Warblade (Su): At 10th level, the demon hunter is adept at channeling demonic energy into her weapons. In addition, the weapons’ green-yellow flames deal fel damage instead of fire damage. This means that creatures with resistance or immunity to fire still take damage from the flames.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-09 at 03:09 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

They've said previously with skin customisations they don't bother with lore and just let you do your own thing. Hence why you can have a Wildhammer warlock or a Sandfury troll in the Horde

I think moreso folks wouldn't have been happen that another allied race slot was going to be eaten up with "Elves but again" (Because, let's be honest, we've kind of enough of those). There's no real model change required for undead elves of either faction, so no driving force for them to be a seperate Allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They should have put out a new allied race instead, but I could see them not wanting to do it because they screwed up adding undead Night Elves to the Dark Ranger lore and can't backtrack that.
    There's no model change required for undead elves. Frankly they'd be a waste of an allied race slot if made seperately, just like how mag'har and lightforged really should have been merged in with their base race
    Last edited by Mecheon; 2022-06-09 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Adding another quote

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    They've said previously with skin customisations they don't bother with lore and just let you do your own thing. Hence why you can have a Wildhammer warlock or a Sandfury troll in the Horde

I think moreso folks wouldn't have been happen that another allied race slot was going to be eaten up with "Elves but again" (Because, let's be honest, we've kind of enough of those). There's no real model change required for undead elves of either faction, so no driving force for them to be a seperate Allied race.

There's no model change required for undead elves. Frankly they'd be a waste of an allied race slot if made seperately, just like how mag'har and lightforged really should have been merged in with their base race
    No but at the least it should have been a 4th spec along with the Skin that can only be used with that skin to make it abit more lore heavy and less likely to see alive dark ranger specs going around, if you know what i mean.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should have put out a new allied race instead
    No thank you... mostly Allied races are just customizations for regular races.

At this point it's better to do the opposite, just only one "elf" race so you can customized your elf as you like.

So, we can solve this "elf problem" forever! No more pain in the asses about living/dead Night Elves as Ally/Horde, Blood Elves with or without Void, with blu/red/white eyes... pale or not pale.

Your elf, your story!

Nothing.

By now Elf are Schrödinger's cat!

Mine is alive and kicking... and every week she go to the barber to change her eyes color to match with her new trasmog! So this week is pale/red and the next is brown/blue eyes. My elf cant be death and live.

Sooner or later you will understand that, if you can go to the barber and change your look only for aesthetic reason, that look loses it's meaning.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Mine is alive and kicking... and every week she go to the barber to change her eyes color to match with her new trasmog! So this week is pale/red and the next is brown/blue eyes. My elf cant be death and live.

Sooner or later you will understand that, if you can go to the barber and change your look only for aesthetic reason, that look loses it's meaning.
    The meaning comes from what you put into it. Sentiment is a feeling of attachment that one chooses to apply, not something inherent in a type of gameplay mechanic.

That is why customizations and transmogs even exist in the first place. So you can continue using the visuals of something you had before that you really liked even if you no longer have any use for that particular item. The meaning is in how you personally define it, not in the mechanic itself.

That you personally invest attachment in mechanics over visuals is literally just your personal opinion on the matter, let's be absolutely clear here.

Transmogs do not lose their meaning just because you happen to prioritize stats over visuals.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-09 at 03:57 PM.

It's the same thing as the dark skin options. It's an option that is expressing something that has always (should have) been available to players. But with undead elves, whom were canonically in the Horde longer than the regular blood elves.

If you actually think your character is canonically shifting between negroid & caucazoid everytime you go to the barber that's a personal problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Yet Lightforged and Mag'har are their own allied race.

Model changes aren't a requirement for a separate allied race option. The key feature would be new racials that help bridge the concept of playing as a Dark Ranger. Racials can go a long way, it really helps distinguish the Dark Irons from merely being Dark skinned Dwarfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It's the same thing as the dark skin options. It's an option that is expressing something that has always (should have) been available to players. But with undead elves, whom were canonically in the Horde longer than the regular blood elves.

If you actually think your character is canonically shifting between negroid & caucazoid everytime you go to the barber that's a personal problem.
    You are bringing an issue where there is none, if your character is black they will be black if your character is white they'll be white depending on your choices for skin tone and how you want your character to be, the Dark rangers are DEAD elves brought back to life via necromancy you cant be dead and alive at the same time as a poster said above the choice is nice but in this case it's lost its meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

You are turning this into a race issue which this is not what people are on about.

You are bringing an issue where there is none, if your character is black they will be black if your character is white they'll be white depending on your choices for skin tone and how you want your character to be, the Dark rangers are DEAD elves brought back to life via necromancy you cant be dead and alive at the same time as a poster said above the choice is nice but in this case it's lost its meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

You are turning this into a race issue which this is not what people are on about.
    Undead humans have always existed as playable characters in this game. Its not different from that. You are being pedantic.

I think we're missing something.

Can Dark Rangers be paladins canonically?

- - - Updated - - -

Except that is exactly the argument the poster above implies by saying having it be a barber shop customization makes it lose meaning.

Their argument implies no one would consider their options meaningful, whether you chose to be a black skinned character or have red hair or visual scars, because of the fact you can go to a barber shop and change that up. It's an erroneous argument because Barbershop just happens to be a game mechanic that allows freedom of customization. There is no other way to play as a permanently black skinned Human that only has Black skin, or a Red Haired Dwarf that only ever has Red Hair. The fact we can change these options out is merely suspension of disbelief. There is literally no difference between whether you choose your character to be Black or White, or choose to be living or undead. How permanent these visuals are is up to the player to decide.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

In theory yes, in practice we will have to see what blizzard does while making all classes open to all races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Well, no, as Dark Rangers are their class. 'Darkfallen' like it is used, should be able to be Paladins, as we have seen Undead Paladins before.

And it is now possible (For Blood Elf) Darkfallen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wor...leplaying_Game

Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.

- Ask Creative Development -- Round II Answers | 2011-06-23 00:00 | Bashiok

And secondly, Prestige Classes don't exist in WoW.
    I asked for concrete differences. Of classes.

That is exactly what the red eyes and pale skin customizations represent.

Don't you get different capabilities when you're dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    it is literally fanfic you can check your self by reading the RPG books what I quoted you is all Meta is in the RPG wowpedia is incorrectly combining it with Demonic ascendance and leaving out the change in subcategory Making them demons and the loss of the humanoid classification.

Even it being at the pinnacle of the demon hunter is just fanfic Meta is 7th level ascendance is 10h.
    None of it mentions Metamorphosis (other than Dark Metamorphosis).

corrupted Arcane, which changes the caster when there corruption level hits certain break points ultimately changing them for ever.

Fel in the RPG is corrupted arcane which uses demon blood directly.

Demon hunters only use Fel at all after turning into a full on demon and even that is only on one ability.
    So, they drank demon blood like the Orcs instead of trapping demons in their bodies?