Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Its kind of amusing to see the mental gymnastics people will go through to justify getting stepped on by daddy blizzard.
    What "gymnastics" exactly?

Super hot takes like, "Just don't play" or "Don't buy stuff if you do play"?

Yeah, big mental gymnastics there. Sure, keep playing the victim here, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Oh for the love of...

Lose the stupid dramatic nonsense. Go fight for something worthwhile if you're so goddamned worried about the world. This is a stupid video game, not something of even the slightest import.

It's like listening to someone's grandpa rant about how the world is falling apart because in his day the waiter would never have let his glass empty and that's proof of how everything is going to shit.
    I mean service has also gone to shit because paying people a liveable wage is apparently too difficult for these companies now.

But carry on as you are, ill be the mellow dramatic fool waiting for a game that isnt dripping in MTX and you can keep being too cool for school to worry about any of this stuff it'll just sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    But carry on as you are, ill be the mellow dramatic fool waiting for a game that isnt dripping in MTX
    You mean the literal thousands of existing games without it?

Yes, what a horrible wait it'll be, you poor, poor thing. I just can't imagine how awful this will be for you. I wish you the best of luck.

You mean the literal thousands of existing games without it?

Yes, what a horrible wait it'll be, you poor, poor thing. I just can't imagine how awful this will be for you. I wish you the best of luck.
    what game released by blizz post 2016 wasnt a trash heap sorry?

dunno how we count 2016, but overwatch was alright initially, they just kinda abandoned it from development perspective

but that was the last good gaming experience from blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    dunno how we count 2016, but overwatch was alright initially, they just kinda abandoned it from development perspective

but that was the last good gaming experience from blizz
    Thats specifically why I said post 2016 because overwatch came out in 2016, their last actual game that wasnt just a venue to drain money from walking and talking bank accounts.

I'm sorry, is Blizzard the only game developer on the planet?

Funny to hear people talk about giving Bobby money, but they apparently can't play a game from literally anyone else?

I'm sorry, is Blizzard the only game developer on the planet?

Funny to hear people talk about giving Bobby money, but they apparently can't play a game from literally anyone else?
    Seeing as Diablo was created by blizzard and the thread is about blizzard I thought yeah, I'd talk about blizz.

Do you actually have a point or....?

Seeing as Diablo was created by blizzard and the thread is about blizzard I thought yeah, I'd talk about blizz.

Do you actually have a point or....?
    You just whined about trying to find a game that doesn't have MTX, then when I said there are thousands you basically asked, "What has Blizz made?"

So yeah, sounds like you're limiting yourself to just Blizzard for some reason. If you don't want MTX you can play literally like 99% of games out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats specifically why I said post 2016 because overwatch came out in 2016, their last actual game that wasnt just a venue to drain money from walking and talking bank accounts.
    So are we just ignoring the selling of skins whose entire purpose exists just to drain money? It is amusing how things are different when you like the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You just whined about trying to find a game that doesn't have MTX, then when I said there are thousands you basically asked, "What has Blizz made?"

So yeah, sounds like you're limiting yourself to just Blizzard for some reason. If you don't want MTX you can play literally like 99% of games out there.
    Dude you're not even countering my point or addressing anything meaningful.

Im talking about blizzard. I dont care what every tom dick and harry is doing. I miss blizzard games that once were industry leaders not a mockery. Why is that hard to understand.

I already have moved onto other games, of course thats the answer im not a masochist. But your attitude of "who cares theyre shit just go elsewhere" really annoys me and its why they've gotten away with it for so long and why we're at this point and have the product of diablo immortal which is everything people like you said wouldnt happen back when they introduced cosmetics into a game that already had a sub

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So are we just ignoring the selling of skins whose entire purpose exists just to drain money? It is amusing how things are different when you like the game.
    I dont like overwatch, but you cant deny its value for money if you're a fan of FPS. Value for money, key concept here.

Whats why this game is free to play to give the impression of value of money while being riddled with MTX researched gimmicks and is guilty of them all.

Dude you're not even countering my point or addressing anything meaningful.
    You didn't have a point, you just bitched about games having MTX.

Im talking about blizzard. I dont care what every tom dick and harry is doing. I miss blizzard games that once were industry leaders not a mockery. Why is that hard to understand.
    So vote with your wallet. Stop obsessing over one company for whatever reason. Go buy...like...literally ANY other game.

I already have moved onto other games, of course thats the answer im not a masochist. But your attitude of "who cares theyre shit just go elsewhere" really annoys me and its why they've gotten away with it for so long and why we're at this point and have the product of diablo immortal which is everything people like you said wouldnt happen back when they introduced cosmetics into a game that already had a sub
    Again, vote with your wallet. What else are you gonna do? Stand on a street corner with a sign saying "THE END IS COMING"? Get a bunch of angry nerds together and storm Blizz HQ?

Act like a fucking mature adult and just don't give money to things you don't like.

You didn't have a point, you just bitched about games having MTX.

So vote with your wallet. Stop obsessing over one company for whatever reason. Go buy...like...literally ANY other game.

Again, vote with your wallet. What else are you gonna do? Stand on a street corner with a sign saying "THE END IS COMING"? Get a bunch of angry nerds together and storm Blizz HQ?

Act like a fucking mature adult and just don't give money to things you don't like.
    Ah yes its "obsessing" now to point out reality. My bad. You seem more worked up about it than me with the childish insults to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Dunno about Lost Ark ( again, it is not mobile-related ) but almost every competetive mobile title has PVP-influenced p2w system and f2p do not survive there.
    You may argue that DI launched on PC, but that was done to ... i don't know why Probably get even more money from people who do not play mobile games and have no idea about monetization schemes.
    They did a PC version at the last because so many people bitched about a Diablo game for mobile only. Honestly I think the PC client is a mistake since it was released in a clear beta version. The game plays better on a phone or tablet since it was designed for that.

The rest of the thread is pretty much people airing out the opinions they’ve had for over three years. I’m not a fan of the revenue model but it’s fairly standard for mobile. As for the ethics thing, ethics are personal. It says something bad about gaming that it has devolved to this but for most of the planet the ethics are not really a question or issue. As always, buyer beware, play smart, enjoy what you can. Don’t be stupid. Absolutely do not let anyone tell you what you should and shouldn’t like.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It's good to know that you're in favor of abusive practices
    Blizzard isn't abusing anybody with the microtransaction business model in DI. You can't point to a single person who has been abused.
    which prey upon people with gambling disorders and IGD. This reflects very well on your character.
    The person with a gambling disorder is 100% at fault. That's got nothing to do with Blizzard and NetEase.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-06-06 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The biggest issue with all this complaining is it's mostly just people making things up or exaggerations being taken seriously. It makes it hard to tell what's actually true. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people blatantly lie just to discourage someone from playing the game like claiming you can't finish the story unless you pay money.
    The game is free to try. People should find out for themselves rather than believe anything posted here since most of the thread is about picking fights rather than being informative.

My own opinion? Fun enough. Store prompts are easy to dismiss. It’s possible to progress and have fun without spending anything. Anyone surprised and offended by them is either oblivious to what practically everyone has known for years or is being terribly dishonest. Play it on a tablet if you can. The PC client needs a lot of improvement since the game was designed for mobile devices. The PC client feels like a square peg in a round hole. It’s there but shows its faults. Blizzard will likely fix it but it’s not a PC game at the end of the day.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-06-06 at 11:48 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

One thing this thread proves is the same people who support this would support MTX in WoW such as buying gear and getting a better chance at getting drops from Boss Kills.

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    One thing this thread proves is the same people who support this would support MTX in WoW such as buying gear and getting a better chance at getting drops from Boss Kills.
    This is such a nonsense take you can't even buy gear in this game so how does that prove you'd support it in another.

This is the kind if nonsense I'm talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    I mean if WoW was free and didn't have a subscription cost then they would have to do something like that and it would be justified. Otherwise the company would go out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    This is such a nonsense take you can't even buy gear in this game so how does that prove you'd support it in another.

This is the kind if nonsense I'm talking about.
    Ah, well, shifting goal posts is always fun. I can totally see you supporting buying bonus roll tokens in WoW though.