Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How do you spend money on the blacksmith mats? When you click the "get more" on the tool tip it doesn't recommend a way that costs money.
    Is this a joke question?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Is this a joke question?
    Can we go to the bottom of this rabbit hole right away and conclude that f2p games just want you to get a job and fix the unemployment?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

How do you spend money on the blacksmith mats? When you click the "get more" on the tool tip it doesn't recommend a way that costs money.
    - - - Updated - - -
    They actually can not both be true. If something isn't accessible to a free to play player then you technically can't play for free because something isn't accessible for free.
    You're just twisting meanings to try and feel right about something, why? Obviously you can download the game and play it without paying, why are we even arguing about this? It doesn't mean you'll get the full experience or be competitive without entering your credit card details though. Something that isn't the case for F2P games that rely on cosmetic sales to drive revenue.

By the way, you can pay for battle pass levels = you can buy blacksmith materials. The empowered pass also comes with higher level materials.

Anyways I'm done here, have fun arguing in circles over nothing.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

It's a free to play game. Got to 60 and uninstalled the game. It's decent for a game I didn't pay. If you want to be good and competitive then shell out some money to reduce the grind.

Other than name this could have been any other generic clone. I can't believe Blizzard put their name on this product though.

Being able to do pretty much everything for fee is an excellent value proposition. I say pretty much everything because it will be harder to be the top immortal or shadow with out the higher rank paragon, gear, and legendary gems. So obviously paying gives you that perk. It is still possible you could do it while free but just harder. And all of this for free.

So if the value of WoW is reasonable beacuse a box price and a subscription and the time you can spend then doing the same thing for free has to be a better value. Yet you just got done saying the value is terrible with DI.
    I'm not quite sure you actually understand the concepts of value.

With WoW, I pay my box fee, monthly sub and I can obtain everything in the game. There are no barriers to what I can do or what gear I can obtain in game. Given I spend on average about 121 hours in game per month the $20 sub go along way.

With PoE, I can spend almost $0 and access the entire game. Realistically I will want to buy some stash tabs for some QoL but there are no barriers to what I can do or what gear I can obtain in game. Realistically, you'll want to drop $10-$20 on stash tab, but you'll probably get hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay. POE is an example of a F2P game with an excellent value proposition (provided you actually like the game)

With DI however, I can participate in the entire game for free, which is good, because the game is pretty fun. That's pretty much where the value ends, because your character progression is entirely determined by how much money you can pump in. There are barriers as to what items you can obtain at a F2P level that can either be obtained only via purchases or from months and months of play. From a F2P perspective, you'll likely get about 20 hours or so out of it, which is not bad, but every dollar spent on the game is a terrible investment for what you get.

As for saying it will be harder to play at the top. It's not just harder, it's basically impossible. You cannot access the highest ranked gems for free, and even the chance to get high ranked gems F2P is a fraction of a percent so you are just wasting your time if you even think you can compete in the end game without dumping significant amounts of money on legendary crests to run rifts just for a chance of getting legendary gems. Each session of play could easily cost several hundred dollars if you seriously want to progress your character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Anyways I'm done here, have fun arguing in circles over nothing.
    See? You can't even leave without making a scene.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by fearcazic View Post
    It's a free to play game. Got to 60 and uninstalled the game. It's decent for a game I didn't pay. If you want to be good and competitive then shell out some money to reduce the grind.

Other than name this could have been any other generic clone. I can't believe Blizzard put their name on this product though.
    For a mobile game, it is what it is. On PC its hot garbo. As for mobile games, it does the job. Nothing special.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Is this a joke question?
    Do you not know the answer? It is an honest question because I looked and can't find any way to purchase the salvage materials that are required to upgrade the rank on items. One of the suggestions on how to improve your gear. There are none listed in the shop. The market place doesn't list any so you can't buy platinum to get them. The blacksmith material vendor just offers ways to exchange existing materials for different ones.

So where is the place you can spend money on those things that I am clearly not seeing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    At the moment it does not feel much different than D3 campaign in normal mode. Same button smashing, only not to a touchscreen.

You hang around killing stuff and when you drop something the game tells you if it’s an upgrade or not.

Plus you can do rifts and bounties and dungeons while leveling that is not bad at all.

It’s not hard atm but it’s probably intended. I will see what happens at endgame (for example I just read you can’t do Hell 1 dungeons alone and this is a huge disappointment for me since I’m treating the game as an sp game) but for the moment (10 hours or so) I am really satisfied. I spent 5 bucks for the monthly game pass (seems impossible to reach rank 40 on time but we will see) but honestly whatever extra it gave me until now, I didn’t notice it.
    Maybe you should put more than half a second of thought into my questions I asked.

And I don't think Diablo 3 is that great either, which is why I haven't really played it since Reaper came out.

1 and 2 were far, far better in their era. The tone and soul of them both is still light years ahead of D3.

You at least have creative things you can do with skills/runes/gear in D3. And the combat isn't entirely ability spam = win, like Immortal is.

@Jerot dont take the bait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    With DI however, I can participate in the entire game for free, which is good, because the game is pretty fun. That's pretty much where the value ends, because your character progression is entirely determined by how much money you can pump in. There are barriers as to what items you can obtain at a F2P level that can either be obtained only via purchases or from months and months of play. From a F2P perspective, you'll likely get about 20 hours or so out of it, which is not bad, but every dollar spent on the game is a terrible investment for what you get.
    Are you saying that your opinion about the DI value overrules the opinion of people who play it and pay in it?
    Maybe something about them being fooled by Blizzard with predatory monetization tactics?
    You cannot be possibly wrong, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I'm not quite sure you actually understand the concepts of value.
    No, I understand them just fine. You said WoW has value because for the money you spend you get an average of 4 hours a day per week or whatever specific number you gave. That means that people able to get a few hours on average per week out of Diablo Immortal for free automatically has greater value. Because the price to buy into that value is lower then the box and subscription of WoW. But sure I'm the one that doesn't understand the concept lmao.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Maybe you should put more than half a second of thought into my questions I asked.

And I don't think Diablo 3 is that great either, which is why I haven't really played it since Reaper came out.

1 and 2 were far, far better in their era. The tone and soul of them both is still light years ahead of D3.

You at least have creative things you can do with skills/runes/gear in D3. And the combat isn't entirely ability spam = win, like Immortal is.
    D1 & D2 defined an era, almost a generation of games. D3 was just another ARPG. DI is even worse, but thats a mobile port so its expected.

D4? jeez cant say I have alot of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    D1 & D2 defined an era, almost a generation of games. D3 was just another ARPG. DI is even worse, but thats a mobile port so its expected.

D4? jeez cant say I have alot of hope.
    I agree with you

Just wanna say, I did two lassan runs yesterday. Still have not spend a dime on the game. Got a top 3 trophy on both runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Just wanna say, I did two lassan runs yesterday. Still have not spend a dime on the game. Got a top 3 trophy on both runs.
    You are losing money by not spending, you know that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I guess so. I don't play mobile games so really didn't have a point of reference, and after seeing this train wreck I think ive made the right choice!
    Fair enough. I'm a few hours in and so far the touchscreen controls seem to work amazingly, if anything it's better than kb+m.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are losing money by not spending, you know that right?
    Guess you are losing oxygen by breathing, then why are you doing it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

DI leveling is almost a carbon copy of D3 leveling. If you liked D3 campaign play style you’ll like DI campaign, if you didn’t like D3 campaign play style you won’t like DI campaign.

I’m replaying D2R with a Sorceress and it’s quite annoying atm (middle of act 2). You smash buttons in there too, the only difference is that I run oom every 5 seconds and I have to port back every 5 minutes to sell stuff and buy other potions. QoL is pretty bad if you’re used to modern games. I’m sure it’ll improve at higher levels but leveling is really a pita.

But liking the gameplay or not is just a personal preference. Besides the mtx stuff that you can totally ignore at least while leveling, the game for me is pretty solid at the moment considering it’s free. I hate it being multiplayer by design but that’s me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was watching quin69 play it, and apparently he has spent over 5k on the cash shop so far wtf. On reddit I read that you have to pay about 100k on average to max out one character. Let's see.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!