Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd just like whatever the solo content is to exist from launch. People (rightfully) bring up the way ZM works right now and how its never been this easy before, but this is the final patch of the expansion. So while yes it is great for solo players, it's only great now. I think there should be something for solo players throughout the entire expansion, not just the end. (It'd be disingenuous not to acknowledge that shadowlands has done a fine to decent job of this with the covenant gear to korthia and finally ZM. So it is a great start. I'd prefer solo dungeons to grinding tokens myself, but can't pretend it doesn't exist)
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-06-10 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Ion basically confirmed there's not going to be an instance content for solo players or small groups like Visions or Torghast. He said their focus in DF is making outdoor content meaningful.

What exactly that means for solo players we will have to wait and see.
    More world quests.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    All in all, this announcement was probably one of the most conservative one. While i personally think it is good that blizzard don't use all their cards even in the last patch they have added, but really, there was far too little content. Beside of Dragonriding and maybe content they added to it, there is nothing about what endgame-content they will add with Dragonflight. What i'm afraid off is that they simply add the most basic content: Crappy World quests and time locked "Convenant"-quests, and that's all they add. Because beside of this, nothing was announced.

While i personally wasn't a fan of island expeditions, Torghast was actually not bad in the idea. The issue of torghast was not itself, but both the lack and the owerwhelming ties to player power and no meaningful gear progression actually killed it. Nobody wants to play a game where you can't progress inside Torgast itself, but instead need to play somthing else to get better gear to progress there.

But Dragonflight has absolutely nothing yet. Maybe my concerns are unnecessary, but i don't expect anything like Torghast, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions at all, since if they had something up in their sleeve, the yould have announced it.
    I'd rather have the majority of the expansion locked behind encrypted files.. Instead of knowing every single detail in game months before it comes out. Yea i could just simply not look into it, but then id be behind everyone who did. But if everything is encrypted and everyone is in the dark when the expansion comes out, it will breathe new life into this game, that we have not seen in forever. + this is an MMO. I dont understand the want to play this game solo. Theres a whole lot of games out there that are single player. ( Warcraft universe could greatly benefit from this - single player titles )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yikes, imagine wanting something similar to Island Expeditions to make a return.
    To be fair, it wasn't that island expeditions were bad in and of themselves, they were novel for the first few weeks and were a mindless grind you could do when watching youtube. The major problem with them is they were essentially mandatory to keep up with the Heart of Azeroth levels.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You're still here though.

Like my roommate said I don't play WoW anymore. So, No, I am not still there. Just watching the shit show from the side lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Like my roommate said I don't play WoW anymore. So, No, I am not still there. Just watching the shit show from the side lines.
    Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Me and my roommate saw this statement coming. Usually all you WoW players on the copium so bad you think everyone in the world has to play WoW. let me give you a newsflash....Not everyone is playing WoW and for good reason. The company is nothing but a predatory sleezy, and trashy ass company now. But let me take off so you can continue to smoke that copium and be deluded into thinking everyone wants to indulge in WoW. And this will be my last time responding to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropakeg View Post
    Probably a bit early to be complaining about an expansion that's not out yet.
    Ahhh youngling. First time to a WoW expansion?

It doesn't matter what stage people complain at, someone like you always comes along and says it's too early.

"It's in alpha, wait for beta before you complain!
    It's in beta, wait for release before you complain!
    It's only just released, give them a couple of weeks before you complain!
    It's too late to complain now, wait for 10.1 ptr!

They aren't going to fix that mid expansion, just wait for next expansion!"

The time to complain is now. Always, and forever. If there is a problem, complain. Waiting for some potential pipeline fix is utterly stupid and not based in historic reality for the game. The only things that have a remote chance of getting fixed are those that get loudly complained about, regularly, and continuously.

Me and my roommate saw this statement coming. Usually all you WoW players on the copium so bad you think everyone in the world has to play WoW. let me give you a newsflash....Not everyone is playing WoW and for good reason. The company is nothing but a predatory sleezy, and trashy ass company now. But let me take off so you can continue to smoke that copium and be deluded into thinking everyone wants to indulge in WoW. And this will be my last time responding to you.
    imagine saying that, while your roommate is saying

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    So I am roommates with Shinchi and I can tell you for sure he is not still playing WoW. Me and him both left WoW in May of 2021. We both play FFXIV now. We both are on the sidelines watching the clown show that Blizzard is now. But we both want to see if Blizzard does something good with Dragonflight or will they drag their playerbase through another shit hole of an expansion before either us come back.
    He literally is saying he wants to play wow. You want a hit of that copium now? God I love people who just hate boner post. Stay classy bois.

Don't worry though if you act angry enough for long enough you can justify yourself quitting the game instead of I don't know... just stopping playing. You're soo convinced people who still play wow are addicted/coping, when like every other mmo it has reasons to play. For me it still has the best raiding content hands down(imo), so until another title can compete with that I'm enjoying what wow has to offer(Wildstar had some banger raiding too but that game had a ton of its own problems).

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    imagine saying that, while your roommate is saying

He literally is saying he wants to play wow. You want a hit of that copium now? God I love people who just hate boner post. Stay classy bois.

Don't worry though if you act angry enough for long enough you can justify yourself quitting the game instead of I don't know... just stopping playing. You're soo convinced people who still play wow are addicted/coping, when like every other mmo it has reasons to play. For me it still has the best raiding content hands down(imo), so until another title can compete with that I'm enjoying what wow has to offer(Wildstar had some banger raiding too but that game had a ton of its own problems).

How about you play what you want, and I play what I want. Ok cool. Now we are both happy.

How about you play what you want, and I play what I want. Ok cool. Now we are both happy.
    But you are the one who is posting on a forum for a game you allegedly don't play anymore, arguing with people who are playing what they want. If you just wanted to "play what you want" you'd be busy playing FFXIV and posting about FFXIV instead of shitposting on a wow forum and worrying about what wow players are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    But you are the one who is posting on a forum for a game you allegedly don't play anymore, arguing with people who are playing what they want. If you just wanted to "play what you want" you'd be busy playing FFXIV and posting about FFXIV instead of shitposting on a wow forum and worrying about what wow players are doing.
    First off I am at work. Otherwise I would take you up on your suggestion of playing FFXIV. So while I am at work I respond to shit posters talking shit to me instead. But anyways.....

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Ahhh youngling. First time to a WoW expansion?

It doesn't matter what stage people complain at, someone like you always comes along and says it's too early.

"It's in alpha, wait for beta before you complain!
    It's in beta, wait for release before you complain!
    It's only just released, give them a couple of weeks before you complain!
    It's too late to complain now, wait for 10.1 ptr!

They aren't going to fix that mid expansion, just wait for next expansion!"

The time to complain is now. Always, and forever. If there is a problem, complain. Waiting for some potential pipeline fix is utterly stupid and not based in historic reality for the game. The only things that have a remote chance of getting fixed are those that get loudly complained about, regularly, and continuously.
    Also traditionally we get LESS features between announcement and release, not more. We've had expansions where the most important feature was either underdelivered (Garrisons) or completely scrapped (Path of the Titans). There is a solid argument that ofc those were Blizzcon announcements so there was much more detail there. But I don't agree with that argument in that this is not like Gamescom for Legion where Blizzard had constraints in time. This was a digital announcement and they could have pushed as much detail as they could.

MAYBE they learned not to promise things they cannot deliver. Maybe. I mean most of my hype for Torghast came from the fact that at announcement it was supposed to be a path to gear progression (Torghast runs were supposed to give you loot in the Vault) and during the alpha and for the early beta at least Torghast kept dropping PH items on floor completion.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-16 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not, in fact i actually hope that they remember this is a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game and not a single one
    the rise of solo content is more harmful to a MMO than good, if more ppl asking for solo, that means u fucked up big time in a game that should be all about multiplayer
    however sadly doubt that they actually plan to remember that, probably they will make even more solo content again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Dropakeg View Post
    Probably a bit early to be complaining about an expansion that's not out yet.

In addition, WoW is an MMO. They generally focus on multi-player content.
    The vast majority of WoW's success, from day 1, was based around its solo content.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Fun fact is the main focus is still on group gameplay. Premade group gameplay. And contrary to TBC or WotLK, there is no raid level gear for solo players available anymore and surely no kind of gearing progression at all outside of some welfare epics.
    Well, which is it? You immediately contradicted yourself. Is there no raid level gear for solo players, or are there "welfare epics"? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. And for your information you can obtain the same max level legendaries are mythic raiders, slightly below normal raid tier for the first time in history, normal raid conduits, and normal raid or slightly above it in all slots solo.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I'm not, in fact i actually hope that they remember this is a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game and not a single one
    the rise of solo content is more harmful to a MMO than good, if more ppl asking for solo, that means u fucked up big time in a game that should be all about multiplayer
    however sadly doubt that they actually plan to remember that, probably they will make even more solo content again
    Multiplayer means there are multiple players online playing in the same area. Not that they are grouped and playing together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, which is it? You immediately contradicted yourself. Is there no raid level gear for solo players, or are there "welfare epics"? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. And for your information you can obtain the same max level legendaries are mythic raiders, slightly below normal raid tier for the first time in history, normal raid conduits, and normal raid or slightly above it in all slots solo.
    ? First time in history? You could have full normal gear throughout MoP (and Mythic did not exist until the prepatch). Heck if you count Ordos you had warfrorged normal gear in 5-8 slots. You could have FULL Heroic gear in BfA without ever doing instanced content through conquest by doing War Mode PvP. And 5 slots at higher than Heroic through Visions. I am not even counting Titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    All in all, this announcement was probably one of the most conservative one. While i personally think it is good that blizzard don't use all their cards even in the last patch they have added, but really, there was far too little content. Beside of Dragonriding and maybe content they added to it, there is nothing about what endgame-content they will add with Dragonflight. What i'm afraid off is that they simply add the most basic content: Crappy World quests and time locked "Convenant"-quests, and that's all they add. Because beside of this, nothing was announced.

While i personally wasn't a fan of island expeditions, Torghast was actually not bad in the idea. The issue of torghast was not itself, but both the lack and the owerwhelming ties to player power and no meaningful gear progression actually killed it. Nobody wants to play a game where you can't progress inside Torgast itself, but instead need to play somthing else to get better gear to progress there.

But Dragonflight has absolutely nothing yet. Maybe my concerns are unnecessary, but i don't expect anything like Torghast, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions at all, since if they had something up in their sleeve, the yould have announced it.
    I'm with you on this one, though it has to be said: Torghast got a lot of spotlight last time, but ultimately it was not a boon on SL.

Honestly the visions of N'zoth has been the best iteration of solo progression so far, and that was unanounced. So maybe they'll go for something comparable to that again? Would be refreshing to get more than promised, rather than less.

Though i'm indeed afraid they'll go the pout-route again by going "Oh you didn't like our last major effort attempt at it? WELL I GUESS THIS MEANS YOU DISLIKE THE CONCEPT SINCE OUR IMPLEMENTATION COULD NOT HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN SHIT!".

They've done that to other features as well (vehicles, garissons, warfronts arguably), and it's just such an annoying sight to see such "managers' tumors" in their decisionmaking.

I know one should not anthropmorphise a company, but it just feels like they're being something between childish and narcistic (to clarify: they really are not, there are plenty of valid business-wise explanations, but the feeling remains).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Good, the more solo content the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Good, the more solo content the better.
    Not gonna lie, part of me wishes they would do the extreme opposite just to piss the "Massive means you have to be with people!" people off. Levelling? Need more than one person. Grinding? More than one. Auction house? Need a second person for that. Mounting? Need a second person to steer. I am sure they would lose that attitude super quick if they got what they wanted.