Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is the Dragonflight community living in an echo chamber of dellusion?

The feedback on Dragonflight keep beeing its so good.

But from what I can see, and in terms of influencers, there has never been a worse period in the game ever.

You can call the game great, just like the people playing Heroes of the Storm (HotS) thought that game was so great. Every time anyone critizised HotS they were met with "the game is great why are you so negative?". After a few years of this echo chamber, the HotS was extremely disillusioned when Blizzard posted a post that the game would no longer get any new heroes and was now in maintenance mode. The HotS community was living in a bubble of positivity not understanding the rest of the world did not play their game.

I think we have a HotS situation in Dragonflight. Noone has any specific feedback that is bad about the game. But there still is not many people wanting to play the game.

Look at the PvP scene. The PvP is extremely slow paced and the only active bracket in PvP is the Solo Shuffle. I saw a high rated PvP streamer (trillebaar something) play this mode and he had an average of over 50 minute queues. No previous Arena farmers play the game, but instead play HC Classic or WotLK.

Look at the influencers. Asmongold, Preach, Belluar, T&E... Do they stream the game a lot these days? I don't think so.

Look at the warcraftlogs and how the parses has been steadily declining even worse than SL.

For me personally, I try to queue for BGs, the queue is 10+ minutes. I sit in the 10.1 city underground and I rarely see anyone at all (ghosttown). I dont see anyone while questing. I see way too many people trying to sell runs in cities, to me being an indicator that people are all geared and just play the game to earn some gold from suckers that want to pay gold for gear.

Blizzard doesnt know how to get feedback. they only ask the current players. so with each iteration of feedback, they narrow the focus of the game. the current players are generally happy but the playerbase size shrinks. when vanilla was released, the game offered dungeons, raiding, pvp, leveling, social, exploration. right now theyve narrowed it down to m+ and raids.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

But from what I can see, and in terms of influencers, there has never been a worse period in the game ever.

You can call the game great, just like the people playing Heroes of the Storm (HotS) thought that game was so great. Every time anyone critizised HotS they were met with "the game is great why are you so negative?". After a few years of this echo chamber, the HotS was extremely disillusioned when Blizzard posted a post that the game would no longer get any new heroes and was now in maintenance mode. The HotS community was living in a bubble of positivity not understanding the rest of the world did not play their game.

I think we have a HotS situation in Dragonflight. Noone has any specific feedback that is bad about the game. But there still is not many people wanting to play the game.

Look at the PvP scene. The PvP is extremely slow paced and the only active bracket in PvP is the Solo Shuffle. I saw a high rated PvP streamer (trillebaar something) play this mode and he had an average of over 50 minute queues. No previous Arena farmers play the game, but instead play HC Classic or WotLK.

Look at the influencers. Asmongold, Preach, Belluar, T&E... Do they stream the game a lot these days? I don't think so.

Look at the warcraftlogs and how the parses has been steadily declining even worse than SL.

For me personally, I try to queue for BGs, the queue is 10+ minutes. I sit in the 10.1 city underground and I rarely see anyone at all (ghosttown). I dont see anyone while questing. I see way too many people trying to sell runs in cities, to me being an indicator that people are all geared and just play the game to earn some gold from suckers that want to pay gold for gear.

I don't think there's an echo chamber, at least among the vocal players. There's a lot of complaints floating around about the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard doesnt know how to get feedback. they only ask the current players. so with each iteration of feedback, they narrow the focus of the game. the current players are generally happy but the playerbase size shrinks. when vanilla was released, the game offered dungeons, raiding, pvp, leveling, social, exploration. right now theyve narrowed it down to m+ and raids.
    Leveling, exploration, social (in terms of x-faction guilds)..... all things that are still being actively iterated on.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I dont rly see much wrong in dragonflight,there are no infinite systems to grind to keep up,the world exploration feels nice,the raids arent as hard as in sl or legion,i honestly havent heard much bad stuff about this expansion,in sl and bfa we would hear it all the time

yet i still have no desire to play the game,the same goes for classic or wotlk,an expansion i had the most fun back in the day i still feel no desire to play,this is mostly a player issue not a game issue

even asmongold has said the same thing,he is always the first to shit on an expansion if its bad,he has nothing bad to say about dragonflight,yet he doesnt feel like playing it,times change people change,its an old game,it is what it is,also these days the competition is massive compared to 2004-2013,there are a ton of other good games now in every single genre be it mmo,singleplayer story games,arpg,rpgs,mobas,survival,horror,back then there was maybe 1 or 2 in each genre

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont rly see much wrong in dragonflight,there are no infinite systems to grind to keep up,the world exploration feels nice,the raids arent as hard as in sl or legion,i honestly havent heard much bad stuff about this expansion,in sl and bfa we would hear it all the time

yet i still have no desire to play the game,the same goes for classic or wotlk,an expansion i had the most fun back in the day i still feel no desire to play,this is mostly a player issue not a game issue

even asmongold has said the same thing,he is always the first to shit on an expansion if its bad,he has nothing bad to say about dragonflight,yet he doesnt feel like playing it,times change people change,its an old game,it is what it is,also these days the competition is massive compared to 2004-2013,there are a ton of other good games now in every single genre be it mmo,singleplayer story games,arpg,rpgs,mobas,survival,horror,back then there was maybe 1 or 2 in each genre
    the opposite of love is apathy. WoW is reaching a point where its permanently dropping out of the public consciousness. Players are tired of giving Blizz another chance to make the game fun and interesting again, only to be disappointed. So they no longer shout in anger but go away quietly and forget the game exists.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

the opposite of love is apathy. WoW is reaching a point where its permanently dropping out of the public consciousness. Players are tired of giving Blizz another chance to make the game fun and interesting again, only to be disappointed. So they no longer shout in anger but go away quietly and forget the game exists.
    i dont know about that,was the game really that much better and fun in wrath than right now?i rly dont see any objective reasons it would have been,i know i had more fun back then,it was newer and not yet stale for me,and there wasnt all that much competition,these days i play other games

what do you or anyone else think blizz is doing wrong in this expansion for example?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

what do you or anyone else think blizz is doing wrong in this expansion for example?
    For me personally, wanting to just gear up in PvP and play that. The PvP combat is very spammy and slow. It's like every player kill is a raid boss. Spend several minutes doing your rotation right. It's not fun. And the gearing for PvP is not fun either. Getting a new weapon on a melee class used to make me feel so much more powerful. Now I can't even tell if I do more damage. Not to mention the very long queue times... I am aware most people don't care about casual PvP but that is my favorite way to get into the game. Once I have done PvP gearing I usually get invested in the game and want to move into more serious content.

World questing / content is very dead and irrelevant. "rares"? the whole 10.1 map is just 100% of the time all rares are alive. Noone cares.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2023-07-07 at 07:30 PM.

people playing for enjoyment give mostly positive feedback, people who profit from negativity are negative, people who bitch about the game for years (and some proudly admiting they havent played it in years) still bitch about it...
    i wonder what that means... what a mystery...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-07-07 at 07:25 PM.

I already posted about a r/wow post that hit the front page. The most upvoted replies in the thread said everything there was to say about Dragonflight.

The thread was called: Expansion Comparison: How do you feel about Dragonflight so far?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ou_feel_about/

I like Dragonflight, I think its a fantastic expansion. I just have no desire to play it. I don't think I have ever played WoW less than I do now.
    I don’t know it is, but I think Dragonflight is the best expac that I have no desire to play
    Are heavily upvoted posts

Then you have gems like this

Right! I’ve unsubbed for the first time in years and I can’t quite put my finger on why. It’s a objectively good expansion but DF had killed my interest in the game. I wonder if it’s just not the theme for me.
    Don´t tell me these responses are not hilarious

--------------------------------------

Regarding the so-called content creators. I think the most disappointing part has been that a lot of prominent WoW influencers basically asked for an expansion like Dragonflight. They wanted this raid / m+ or die expansion and now they don´t even play. They also can not even admit that they were clearly 100 % wrong. We are not allowed to have WoW is dying threads, however it is clear that Dragonflight is doing disastrous when it comes to participation.

At least someone like Asmongold was incredibly vocal about the game being too hard and too complex even during Shadowlands. He has also been pretty open about just straight up not liking Dragonflight on his most recent streams. Talking about how the game is boring, and asking rhetorically why he would play a bad and boring game. The others? Mostly just silence and making up fake problems like M+ affixes being too blame.

Dragonflight fans are almost cult-like at the moment, because the truth is, there is actually nothing Dragonflight does well.

Dungeons? Absolutely awful. Legion, BFA and even SL have superior dungeons at it isn´t even close.
    Raids? Meh at best
    Outdoor zones? Completely empty
    PvP? Dead with the only ´´alive´´ part being waiting 20 mins for solo Q
    Story? LoL

Yet still we keep hearing that Dragonflight is some of the best WoW has ever been. With the greatest irony being that the only argument people have for it being good is that you don´t play it. Sorry I mean, that you don´t HAVE to play it. Like can´t you just go and buy a 12 dollar membership for a gym instead? Then talk about how awesome the gym is because you never go?
    Last edited by WoWenjoyer; 2023-07-07 at 08:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If your on MMOC youll never be in a positive echo chamber there is always people looking to be negative rather it has any validity or not.

For my own part, I enjoyed using SS to get the viscous mount and elite set, enjoyed doing the story even though not all of it was great, still enjoy doing some world quest for gold like the dragon races, and I'm now messing around with other classes playing with the new talent trees which are great.

game's likely the best its been since Mop personally.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

when vanilla was released, the game offered dungeons, raiding, pvp, leveling, social, exploration
    and literaly ALL of that is now ingame, actualy more than in vanila, and some other activities on top...
    maybe you could actualy check the game before whining about how terrible it is so you are accurate in your complaints, bcs it sounds like you havent even checked what they changed since vanila, let alone played some of it...

Yes, though unlike HotS, World of Warcraft is not in danger of being shuttered anytime soon. While it has been in managed decline for the past decade, it still is Blizzard's moneymaker that milks $210 off of customers every year ($15 monthly subscriptions + $60 box expansions every other year), and that's not counting cash shop and merch.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWenjoyer View Post
    Dungeons? Absolutely awful. Legion, BFA and even SL have superior dungeons at it isn´t even close.
    Raids? Meh at best

Yet still we keep hearing that Dragonflight is some of the best WoW has ever been. With the greatest irony being that the only argument people have for it being good is that you don´t play it. Sorry I mean, that you don´t HAVE to play it.
    Username does not check out.

Dungeons being awful = subjective opinion. Same with raids. I enjoy them both.
    Empty outdoor zones = potentially true depending on server and population.
    Dead PVP = I don't participate in PVP so I have no idea how long it takes to queue. Guildies run RBGs and they seem OK with the way things are.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Username does not check out.

Dungeons being awful = subjective opinion. Same with raids. I enjoy them both.
    Anyone who says the dungeons of Dragonflight are better than for example BFA is objectively wrong.

I still think heroes of the storm is the most enjoyable moba on the market and that it's a shame it's dead. Though most of the negative criticism I've read about it is from people that never played it and thought the game was too easy...

I've got tons of negative criticism about dragonflight and it was never met with hostility, on the contrary. While this was not the case about any positive criticism I could share about shadowlands.

So currently the atmosphere is much more welcoming than what it was during shadowlands, very toxic with most of the video creators, vloggers, etc. shitting on the game and encouraging people to do so or to leave it for ff xiv...

Anyone who says the dungeons of Dragonflight are better than for example BFA is objectively wrong.
    anyone who says someone voicing their opinion about SUBJECTIVE matter is OBJECTIVELY wrong should go back to school and learn what objective and subjective means...

I already posted about a r/wow post that hit the front page and said everything the most upvoted replies said everything there was to say about Dragonflight and the Community reception of it:

The thread was called: Expansion Comparison: How do you feel about Dragonflight so far?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ou_feel_about/

Are heavily upvoted posts

Then you have gems like this

Don´t tell me these responses are not hilarious

--------------------------------------

Regarding the so-called content creators. I think the most disappointing part has been that a lot of prominent WoW influencers basically asked for an expansion like Dragonflight. They wanted this raid / m+ or die expansion and now they don´t even play. They also can not even admit that they were clearly 100 % wrong. At least Asmongold was always incredibly vocal about the game being too hard and too complex. He has also been pretty open about just not liking Dragonflight lately on his streams.

Dragonflight fans are almost cult-like at the moment, because the truth is, there is actually nothing Dragonflight does well.

Raids? Meh at best
    Story? LoL

Yet still we keep hearing that Dragonflight is some of the best WoW has ever been. With the greatest irony being that the only argument people have for it being good is that you don´t play it. Sorry I mean, that you don´t HAVE to play it. Like can´t you just go and buy a 12 dollar membership for a gym instead? Then talk about how awesome the gym is because you never go?
    I think your post describes the situation better than me I agree 100%

I didn't compare DF dungeons to any other expansion. I just said they're not absolutely awful, and I enjoy them. Don't really care if BfA dungeons were better (although I don't think they were), we're not in BfA anymore.

Dragonflight is just another expansion filled with low-effort content and content hidden behind renown grinds. I don't want to have to fucking grind renown in order to play the fucking game...I'll just go on YouTube and watch the videos...and in typical Blizz fashion, they've hidden the next story behind a mythic fucking mega-dungeon. They can't even get out of their own way and they'll wonder why subs drop.

The best feedback comes from myself. I never pay attention what Asmon says about WoW or any other influencers. And my opinion to me and myself is: I dislike Dragonflight story, new race/class and the content is boring but still, I love the aspect of the game about collecting stuff.

So, in resume: I only play WoW for less than a month and leave the game for awhile, and return only when there is a new patch to play, otherwise, is playing alts. I move from MMO to MMO, i never stay in one for that long and sometimes i stay away from them when there is nothing to play on them.

These days, I have been playing single player games from Steam, since the last patch of WoW is not worth my time and ESO doesn't have anything interesting going on (Necrom was boring). FF14 I already completed the MSQ (I love it!). So, back to Fallout 3, NV and 4. Or Borderlands 2, Skyrim or anything else i may find in my game list.

I think, that you and only you know what you like....