Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Eh, I sorta disagree. If they actually PLAY like Dragons, then I think it's reasonable for them to be an exclusive "class". But part of that should also mean they LOOK like Dragons, as well.

I think the whole issue arises because they're clearly -- as compared to the other races we already have -- a relatively "normal" new race. So instead of using "breath", other races of the same class could likely use "spells".

But if it's a legit, full-on DRAGON, then I think that sets a completely different expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I just want Dracthyrs to become other classes down the line.

Only makes sense if they're going to mingle with mortals going forward.

At one point some dracs are gonna want to pursue different forms of combat.

It's like an LFD that's anything other than a paladin or priest.
    I dont really see that happening,evoker is basicaly the dracthyrs racial,its their natural state,why would a dracthyr that wants to be a warrior suddently forget or stop using their natural dragony abilities?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont really see that happening,evoker is basicaly the dracthyrs racial,its their natural state,why would a dracthyr that wants to be a warrior suddently forget or stop using their natural dragony abilities?
    Ion/developers already gave reasoning as to why they could after DF.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-06-24 at 03:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    They should've just allowed Dracthyr to choose any race, and focus on Dracthyr itself instead of putting so much work on a race version of Mardi Gras.
    I agree. There's only 2 dragons out of the thousand in wow that show any dragon features in their visage forms and one of them is now dead. Unless there is some lore stating the Dracthyr aren't skilled enough at creating visages they shouldn't have limited them to just 2 options nor should they have the dragon aspects to their visage. They are already bipedal so why do they even need a visage if they aren't doing it to blend in? Its not like the Dracthyr form can't fit through doors.

5+ Year Old Account
    Question on million dollars:
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They are already bipedal so why do they even need a visage if they aren't doing it to blend in?
    Why does they even need visage form if its not perfect disguise....
    Why they need visage form to blend in if they already bipedal and have HANDS, just speak lizard just speak!
    If developers so proud of unisex Dracthyr model, then why even give them visage form that clearly has gender.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Unleash the Power of the Dracthyr Evoker
    Become a Dracthyr Evoker, an ancient race of winged humanoid dragonkin recently awoken on the Dragon Isles. Dracthyr Evokers are BOTH a new playable race AND a new playable class, which can specialize into Preservation (healer) or Devastation (ranged magic damage).

I like how they put the worgen's worgen form front and center back during cata but they gotta try and hide the Dracthyr dragnoid form behind the visage form for Dragonflight lol. It's also so small and crowded with 4 figures that its much harder to make out any details of the class/race unless you open the image in a new tab by itself. They also put Drakks Pet as Dragonflight Pre-purchase bonus item** above All new race & class, the Dracthyr Evoker (available at or before launch) on the preorder page lol.

It's also funny how they can put on a magical diaper dress and headdress in their Dracthyr form and still transform but they can't seem to manage any other clothing.
    Poor fucking marketing dude who got this shit and thought 'what am I supposed to do with this lizard whore?!'. I guess the best way to advertize it is to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Yea outside of Teriz and a few of his alts (who all use pictures of Dragon Aspects as their avatars it utter irony), everyone else would like better customization to allow for a draconic feel.

Personally, as much as i don't like the current look of this new race, I don't think they are THAT far from salvageable. As I said, they need the ability to customize them to be more humanoid looking (like they are now) and more draconic looking (like most of us would like them). That way everyone wins. With such customizations it would prevent the need to put armor on them and make them very much so a "form" like a druid where blizzard can make the artwork really detailed and cool without armor constantly covering it up.

The changes I suggested would make "most" people happy and allow Teriz and company the ability to keep their upright forms while everyone else gets to play dragons that look like dragons.

Throw in the visage races expansion to any race from Azeroth (and Orcs) and we'd be good to go.

Throw in a tank spec, and I'll play it.
    Just give me this:

Yeah, this is something I just noticed.

In the marketing pic, they intentionally put the actual Dracthyr BEHIND the Visage forms, who also happen to be the two most popular races in the game (Humans and Void/Blood elves).

Blizzard is self-aware.

The degree of retardation in some of the narratives and conspiracy theories you people come up with is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Just give me this:

that neck on the right one looks stupid

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Just give me this:

Agreed. This would be an ideal body type option.
    Chen isn't a Monk

There's many reasons. Maybe some dracs are runts with their magic. Maybe some just hear the call of the warrior and pursuing that path requires them to relinquish their greater evoker abilities.

There's many more figures who rolled different classes. Illidan, thrall, turalyon, arthas,etc.

Lastly blizz outright said it themselves in an interview that's its possible to introduce more classes to dracs after spending time building relationships with the horde and alliance.

Again, if an LFD can be a warrior over a paladin, why can't a dracs be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    There's many reasons. Maybe some dracs are runts with their magic. Maybe some just hear the call of the warrior and pursuing that path requires them to relinquish their greater evoker abilities.

There's many more figures who rolled different classes. Illidan, thrall, turalyon, arthas,etc.

Lastly blizz outright said it themselves in an interview that's its possible to introduce more classes to dracs after spending time building relationships with the horde and alliance.

Again, if an LFD can be a warrior over a paladin, why can't a dracs be something else.
    but thrall illidan or turalyon dont rly compare well,their human/elf race dont come with crazy abilities like a dragon does,a human mage can still....punch lol

that neck on the right one looks stupid
    A little bit too thick for his back but it's a small thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Agreed. This would be an ideal body type option.
    By far the best edit I have seen so far.

Btw. I think it's fucking odd that dragonkin race doesn't have melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The degree of retardation in some of the narratives and conspiracy theories you people come up with is astounding.
    How is it a conspiracy theory to show the difference in how they showed off worgen in Cata and Dracthyr in Dragonflight? The actual race you play is hidden behind the visage form for Dracthyr while the worgen form is prominently displayed. A visage form they don't even need since they are already bipedal, have thumbs, and can fit in mortals doorways. It's not even able to be used for blending in since they got all them scales and color and shit all over their bodies/head.

Btw. I think it's fucking odd that dragonkin race doesn't have melee spec.
    So do most of us.

I was really looking forward to a DragonKnight feel where you slash and blast your way into the middle of enemies. Running away and kiting them just doesn't feel very "dragon" to me.

So I just realized that the "tank" spec I made for my dragon class idea actually fits with the concept of "non-melee" dracthyr..... proving you can totally make a tank spec without needing to abandon the caster dynamic.

Look through this (snippet of the spec I made) and see how all my spells for the tank spec, while short range, would work as a "caster tank". Everything is Earth or Fire dragon magic or something that wouldn't require literal direct melee connection (just relatively close). It could totally work as a dracthyr tank spec....

Earth Warden - Spec 1

Empowered by the Black Dragon Thrall to protect their allies and roast their enemies. Uses Nature and Fire magic to break the earth and breath fire.

----------Spells----------

Uses Energy and Breaths. Energy passively regenerates over time at a rate of 10 per second, with a maximum of 100. You have 6 Breaths baseline that degenerate out of combat slowly, and can use specific moves to generate more.

Shatter - Cracks the ground beneath up to 3 nearby enemies, dealing Nature damage to each target.
    Call Earth - Raise a massive boulder from the earth and slam it into the target, dealing heavy Nature damage. 8 sec CD. Generates 1 Breath. Costs 40 Energy. 15 yard range.
    Dragon's Flame - Unleash your inner dragon, spewing Dragon Fire onto enemies in a 180 degree frontal attack, dealing medium Fire damage. This ability has a 20% chance of resetting its cooldown when you parry an attack. 9 sec CD. Generates 1 Breath. Costs 30 Energy.
    Earthen Shards - Slams the ground to throw shards of earth into surrounding enemies, dealing medium Nature damage and reducing their movement speed by 30% for 8 sec. 6 sec CD. Generates 1 Breath. Costs 30 Energy.
    Searing Blast - Blasts the target with fire, causing Fire damage and then additional Fire damage over 14 sec. Instant cast. Costs 10 Energy. 25 yard range. 4 sec CD.
    Onyx Breath - Blasts black dragon's fire in a cone in front of you which deals heavy Fire damage per second and reduces the damage done by targets affected by 15% for 8 sec, refreshing each time Onyx Breath strikes the target. Channeled. Can move and use defensive skills during channel. Generates 2 Breaths over its duration. 45 sec CD.

Lava Eruption - Expel lava from your skin, causing medium Fire damage to all nearby targets and increasing your armor by 300% of your Agility. Every second, the bonus armor will decrease by 60% until it expires. Costs 2 Breaths.
    Chromaticskin - Reduces magical damage taken by 20% for 5 sec. 30 sec CD.
    Cauterizing Flames - The fires within you consume your pain, healing you over 3 sec for 5%, then 10%, then 15% of your maximum health. 2 charges. 45 sec CD.
    Enter the Dragon - Transform into a Black Drake for 8s, removing the cooldown and cost of Dragon's Flame and reducing damage taken by 50%. 3 min cooldown.

Dragonrush - Teleport through dragon fire 20 yards ahead, or until you hit a hostile target. 2 charges. 20 sec CD.
    Drake - Transform into a Black Drake, allowing increased movement speed and granting the ability to fly where flying is available. This spell may be cast while in combat.
    Puff of Smoke - Burp smoke into the target's face, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec. 15 sec CD.
    Submit - Command the target to you, and increases threat that you generate against the target for 3 sec. 8 sec CD.
    Wing Buffet - Unfurl your wings to blow an intense gust of wind at targets in front of you, knocking them back 15 yards and dazing them for 3 sec. Instant cast. 25 sec CD.
    Tail Sweep - Lash out with your tail, stunning nearby targets for 3 sec. 60 sec CD.
    Roast Harm - Remove harmful effects on the target, removing all Poison and Curse effects. 8 sec CD. 2% of base mana.
    Recover - Quickly heals a friendly target. 1.5 sec cast. 15% of base mana.
    Parry - Grants the Dragonblood a chance to parry. Critical strike rating increases the chance to parry.
    Body of Stone - The earth infusing your veins reduces all damage taken by 10%, and increase your Stamina by 55% and your Armor by 145%.
    Mastery - Blackclaws - Damage taken is reduced by 4% and parry chance increased by 4% for 12 sec each time you deal a critical strike with any fire damage. Additional critical strikes refresh this duration.

It's funny because we are finally getting Customizable Dragon appearances too... they could just make the customizable Drake model the player Dragon model. If Drak'thyr can't wear Armor it would only be an alternative appearance anyway.
    You just lost The Game

So do most of us.

I was really looking forward to a DragonKnight feel where you slash and blast your way into the middle of enemies. Running away and kiting them just doesn't feel very "dragon" to me.

*Wishful Thinking*
    Have you played a caster lately?! Theres absolutely no need for any kiting as everything is dead before it even gets close to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Have you played a caster lately?! Theres absolutely no need for any kiting as everything is dead before it even gets close to you.
    Why you limit yourself to playing only versus 5 level wolfs?
    in Harley Queenzel voice: Mr T, login on main account, goalpost 20 000 is near
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-06-24 at 09:15 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do most of us.

HotS should have given us (myself included) a hint that a dragon class would be ranged. All three dragon heroes in that game are ranged characters, so it's not surprising that the class based on those characters would also be ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Why you limit yourself to playing only versus 5 level wolfs?
    in Harley Queenzel voice: Mr T, login on main account, goalpost 20 000 is near
    I'm sorry but what? I am Norwegian and this post still never made any sense to me.