Thread: [TV] Ms. Marvel

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why aren't there any spoiler tags on social media?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Almost like this is the whole reason spoiler tags actually exist lol
    Yep, they exist for leaks in a non spoiler thread.

Almost like this is the whole reason spoiler tags actually exist lol
    Almost like it's the whole reason not to enter the thread until you've seen the episode...then you can get in on the whole conversation.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Just a reminder: anything that is already aired/released is not considered a spoiler. It is not required to be in spoiler tags. Some posters (including myself) occasionally will use the tags in the few hours/days after an episode airs, as a courtesy, but it is not required. Spoiler tags are required in non-spoiler threads for leaks, information from foundational material (like book spoilers for an adapted TV show), or niche situations like having an advanced screening/knowledge of a piece before the general public.

This subforum isn't going to start making arbitrary "embargo" dates for released media beyond the actual release date.
    I don't know why a discussion thread is so hard to understand. Not everything being discussed is going to be about the latest episode, just a few hours old. Discussion can be had without going into spoilers and so on.
    Since you apparently either missed this or didn’t get the memo.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't miss it whatsoever.

Certainly never asked for the forum "to start making arbitrary "embargo" dates for released media beyond the actual release date," either.

Seriously, the only thing I asked for was some basic common decency. Turns out that's just too much for the good folk of MMO-C.
    If I was avoiding spoilers I wouldn’t go into a forum where the tv show or film was being actively discussed. There is NO REQUIREMENT to put spoiler tags. How about you take some RESPONSIBILITY for your own actions which, if you were trying to avoid spoilers, were extremely counterproductive and dumb. Don’t want to be spoiled? HOW ABOUT NOT GOING TO THE SPECIFIC FORUM WHERE IT’S BEING ACTIVELY DISCUSSED!!!!!!!

It’s not a hard concept to grasp, yet you’re failing hard to do so. Literally don’t visit forums which are dedicated to something you don’t want spoiled for you!!!

After more than 25 years, that X-men theme still gives me chills.

I was already laughing at the people upset Kamala is a mutant but after watching the episode it’s even more hilarious. She dismisses it immediately as just being another label.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Or you could not be an ass and just use spoiler tags. I have only seen the first 2 episodes, but came in here to see the general 'vibe' people are getting from this show now that some more have been released as I was on the fence about the show before (same with Scarlet Witch show and we know how that ended up being).

So yeah..it takes much less energy just to use spoiler tags, than not then come back and defend being a jerk :/
    As someone else said, takes even less energy for you to not visit a forum topic where you might get spoiled. And just to reiterate what the mod said:

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Just a reminder: anything that is already aired/released is not considered a spoiler. It is not required to be in spoiler tags. Some posters (including myself) occasionally will use the tags in the few hours/days after an episode airs, as a courtesy, but it is not required. Spoiler tags are required in non-spoiler threads for leaks, information from foundational material (like book spoilers for an adapted TV show), or niche situations like having an advanced screening/knowledge of a piece before the general public.

This subforum isn't going to start making arbitrary "embargo" dates for released media beyond the actual release date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "It within the rules for me to be an asshole stfu"

Ok yeah sure I guess?
    It’s not being an asshole though. It’s simply not using spoiler tags.

Again, it isn't "being an asshole" to discuss an already-aired episode without spoiler tags, unless a thread is specifically labeled "spoiler free" (which, iirc, has only existed in conjunction with a spoiler thread once in the last decade on this subforum: for GoT, so people could have a book spoiler-free thread within which to discuss the show).

That's literally the point of these threads. Spoiler tags are only required in very specific situations, that I outlined in my previous post. Like all shows, visiting the thread just after an episode airs is done at your own risk.

With that, this thread warning is in effect: do not flame other users for use of/lack of use of spoiler tags, they are not doing anything against the rules of this subforum in this case. Further name calling will be infracted.

Also how could they do that to Bruno

"if you have any questions about shows or media don't come to MMO-C or visit any threads about them within because if you choose to do so of your on free will, you will very likely read spoilers, personal opinions, etc... because aired shows and media are actually being discussed all the time."

snip.
    I'd say that's a more appropriate statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    After more than 25 years, that X-men theme still gives me chills.

I was already laughing at the people upset Kamala is a mutant but after watching the episode it’s even more hilarious. She dismisses it immediately as just being another label.
    That's the character. The actress , that is a huge comic fan , entered some kind of nervous breakdown when they told her.

Like any MCU project everything is shrouded in mistery and secrecy ( many actor has done auditions and they didn't even know for what rol) so they gave them the script mere minutes before the scene was filmed.

The consequence of this: they have to do countless and countless takes because there was no fucking way to stop her from giggle everytime Bruno said the line.

In the end it really looks like Iman Vellani is not acting: she is just her in screen.

"if you have any questions about shows or media don't come to MMO-C or visit any threads about them within"

Sound advice I will follow it
    Unless the topic is labelled "spoiler free discussion" or something similar... expect that people are talking about the show without spoiler tags. People aren't being assholes simply because they are talking about the show openly with other people that have watched the show.

Again, it's like going into a sportsbar after a game has ended and getting mad when people are talking about that game. And as for getting "a vibe" about wha tpeople thought about the show:

sdkasldjaskldjasklfhjdskjlfncvksdljvnsdkjlcvisdofsdklcvsdklfjdsklfndsklfjdsklfsdfkldjsfksd fjweiofhwecjweifnmkncdskljfhjwefweifmnsdlmcv sdmfejrfewiofcmksdlfmewiofjemdskfmsdk,fmseklfnsdkvndsklnvsdklfjklfsdklfjewiojfijiorvbjbmkl mewfdcsdlfmsd;lfksdlfksdlf;kemrwl fkeofkwopefsdfmsdl;fmweopfmsd;fmsd;fmwepiosldmfsdlk;fmweopfmeowfksfmewopfmsedofmsfmopewmfe ofmse
    fsefkmsefeopsfmesopfmesopfms'efmopespesmfesf

I'm sure going through pages of that will be real helpful
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    That's the character. The actress , that is a huge comic fan , entered some kind of nervous breakdown when they told her.

Like any MCU project everything is shrouded in mistery and secrecy ( many actor has done auditions and they didn't even know for what rol) so they gave them the script mere minutes before the scene was filmed.

The consequence of this: they have to do countless and countless takes because there was no fucking way to stop her from giggle everytime Bruno said the line.

In the end it really looks like Iman Vellani is not acting: she is just her in screen.
    I'm not talking about her reaction I'm talking about all the outrage I've seen over it. I really liked that they have someone that is a comic fanatic just like Kamala.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm not talking about her reaction I'm talking about all the outrage I've seen over it. I really liked that they have someone that is a comic fanatic just like Kamala.
    I've been avoiding the thread since I watch the episodes with family and we didn't get around till tonight, but yeah. I can see why they'd be angry.

And they'd deserve it, because the character's right. It's literally just a label. Marvel was annoyed at not being able to claw back movie rights from Fox, which is why they created Inhumans; literally just mutants with the serial numbers filed off so they can do similar stories and characters without introducing anything new Fox would have any rights to make use of. Now that it's all under the same roof again, the Inhumans as a separate concept no longer really serve any purpose, so treating these things as just unimportant labels is exactly the appropriate stance.

It's one thing to be happy to see a favorite character back on-screen, it's another to think "mutants" really means that much to Marvel in 2022. They could bring in MCU Wolverine and have him be an Inhuman and it would change literally nothing meaningful about the character, not even his canonical age.

I actually find it particularly funny that it's Kamala Khan they're using to introduce the "mutant" label into the MCU, given that she's A> Inhuman in the comics, and B> her being Inhuman basically does not matter at all to her character arcs or stories, really. If she'd been created 20 years earlier, she'd have been a mutant, and the distinction's no more meaningful than debating who's a West Coast Avenger rather than a Young Avenger at any given point.

Also, how would Bruno, a high school kid, know the difference between the genetic markers for Inhuman DNA versus the X-gene versus whatever other nonsense you want to throw in the pile? He can pick out the Djinn DNA because he has comparative samples, but he doesn't for anything else; he just knows there's something other than Djinn and Human in Khan's genetic mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've been avoiding the thread since I watch the episodes with family and we didn't get around till tonight, but yeah.
    What a sensible approach.

Marvel was annoyed at not being able to claw back movie rights from Fox, which is why they created Inhumans; literally just mutants with the serial numbers filed off so they can do similar stories and characters without introducing anything new Fox would have any rights to make use of.
    Well, they didn't create inhumans because of Fox holding the rights to Mutants...Inhumans have been around for decades. What they did was try to sideline the X-men and push Inhumans into the spotlight...going so far as to retcon Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to no longer be mutants (or Magneto's Children). They even launched a title called "Uncanny Inhumans" (Uncanny is a descriptor most commonly associated with the X-Men). It wasn't just the X-Men either... at the same time they were also downplaying the Fantastic Four.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got to see the Series Finale, and it was excellent! I really enjoyed it, and I can honestly say I enjoyed every single episode of the series.

I'm just sad it ended. I wanted to see more!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Wow, this show didn't even chart off the last minutes.

Their highest rated property and least viewed.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wow, this show didn't even chart off the last minutes.

Their highest rated property and least viewed.
    Not surprised.

It was just ok, an introduction story of a teen girl hero. Not everybody will be interested in that.

I found the last episode anticlimatic. She was trying to protect everybody from themselves. Which is nice on script and intentions, but there was no hard choice. Just a "everybody stop fighting".

Even the mutant reveal and Cpt.Marvel appearing wasn't that shocking.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Not surprised.

It was just ok, an introduction story of a teen girl hero. Not everybody will be interested in that.

I found the last episode anticlimatic. She was trying to protect everybody from themselves. Which is nice on script and intentions, but there was no hard choice. Just a "everybody stop fighting".

Even the mutant reveal and Cpt.Marvel appearing wasn't that shocking.
    The threat of high stakes should be rare and come with phase end. In the meantime good stories like this one
    are great even if the are missing the earth shattering kabooms. YMMV.

The threat of high stakes should be rare
    This is a totally incorrect notion in all drama ever produced by mankind.