Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Hoenstly i still think wow is better for endgame content than FF14.
    Fights are more fun. Classes play more fluent and are not as rigid.

But i guess it is all extremly objective... so try it out? The way to endgame in FF14 is at least fun as hell as long as you can completly ignore Pedofell race and anime antics like fistpumping the air and wierd noices and looooooong death scenes with people moaning all the time... but... well.... ist japanese soo... i can ignore it mostly in favour of a rather long story.
    Compared to other games that have had childlike races, the Lalafells are nothing, especially since FF14 doesn't tend to do the 'Bikini sexy' Armor a huge amount like other games. Seriously, you ever looked at Tera or other MMO's that did that?

I'm also confused as hell when 'being anime' became a bad thing for any game, especially considering how popular anime is as a whole compared to a lot of other media. And even then, while there are some anime motions and things that would feel right at home in them, that doesn't take from the story.

I mean,i would argue there is nothing on the market comparable to a fight like dragon songs reprise or the epic of alexander in terms of design and interesting mechanics, but to each thier own. Savages can be lacking but ultimates are the end end game and they do be wildly fun and nothing in wow has ever entertained me like they do.

But i guess it is all extremly objective... so try it out? The way to endgame in FF14 is at least fun as hell as long as you can completly ignore Pedofell race and anime antics like fistpumping the air and wierd noices and looooooong death scenes with people moaning all the time... but... well.... ist japanese soo... i can ignore it mostly in favour of a rather long story.
    The core difference is WoW's endgame gates you more with a lot of tedious chores tht don't exist in 14. In FF14 as soon as you hit max level you can be in the current raids that same day.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    Compared to other games that have had childlike races, the Lalafells are nothing, especially since FF14 doesn't tend to do the 'Bikini sexy' Armor a huge amount like other games. Seriously, you ever looked at Tera or other MMO's that did that?

I'm also confused as hell when 'being anime' became a bad thing for any game, especially considering how popular anime is as a whole compared to a lot of other media. And even then, while there are some anime motions and things that would feel right at home in them, that doesn't take from the story.
    Sorry ment to be "highly subjective"
    I don't like it. Chars acting in anime fashion is just not how people act. It seems... fake to me and extremly cringy

Damn, I've been out of the loop for some long that I wouldn't even know where to jump in on these discussions. I feel like my walls of text were of a much higher quality than I've seen here lately. Dial the hate/emotions and personal attacks back and let's see some actual solid discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    I mean,i would argue there is nothing on the market comparable to a fight like dragon songs reprise or the epic of alexander in terms of design and interesting mechanics, but to each thier own. Savages can be lacking but ultimates are the end end game and they do be wildly fun and nothing in wow has ever entertained me like they do.
    While DSR is hard, it's pretty rigid. Pull after pull you will literally do the same exact rotation as the previous, and you'll optimize, at most, for uptime you don't get on earlier pulls, unless you play one of the very few classes which have procs, like BRD or DNC. It kind of has to be, because of the outside-the-raid design SE has settled on with no PTR and no addons. There's very little creativity in terms of strategies to beat FFXIV raids, even ultimates (in fact, I'd argue ultimates are even more strict than Savage in terms of what you are doing pull to pull).

I'm thinking of going back to WoW for the new expansion, and I'm wondering what the shell shock will be trying to get back into Mythic raiding. I've said in previous posts that WoW is more reactionary or "twitchy" than FFXIV, which is proactive/planned, and the shorter GCD will take my old fingers time to get acclimated to again. Luckily I main MNK in FFXIV, so my GCD is slightly below 2s. That could translate well to going back to a caster in WoW with a 1.5s GCD, but I fear that a 1s GCD melee would feel extremely fast right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    While DSR is hard, it's pretty rigid. Pull after pull you will literally do the same exact rotation as the previous, and you'll optimize, at most, for uptime you don't get on earlier pulls, unless you play one of the very few classes which have procs, like BRD or DNC. It kind of has to be, because of the outside-the-raid design SE has settled on with no PTR and no addons. There's very little creativity in terms of strategies to beat FFXIV raids, even ultimates (in fact, I'd argue ultimates are even more strict than Savage in terms of what you are doing pull to pull).

I'm thinking of going back to WoW for the new expansion, and I'm wondering what the shell shock will be trying to get back into Mythic raiding. I've said in previous posts that WoW is more reactionary or "twitchy" than FFXIV, which is proactive/planned, and the shorter GCD will take my old fingers time to get acclimated to again. Luckily I main MNK in FFXIV, so my GCD is slightly below 2s. That could translate well to going back to a caster in WoW with a 1.5s GCD, but I fear that a 1s GCD melee would feel extremely fast right now.
    Funny enough, in my opinion is exactly the other way round:

Whenever i did WoW Raids, there were Bossmods and or Weak Auras determining the tactic. Imho we only had to plan who would do what, but not how.

In Savage we always have to decide which strategy we want to play - you can see this in many PF descriptions - Braindead towers, Ilya Towers, etc.

Granted there are most of the times only 2 or 3 options, but there can be multiple instances in each fight - pretty sure each group will play P3S a bit different than the next one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post

Some people are of the mindset that others only make player characters they want to fuck like them, projecting that onto others, leading up to that assumption about lalafell players in turn.

The vast majority of lalafell players do not lewd out their avatar in the game at all like that, but instead just enjoy having their character look cute and adorable in a non-sexual manner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    Basically the title. I don't care about the story, and the more casual content like housing, RP, and glamour really doesn't interest me. I literally only want to Raid. Is this really possible or am I going to have a bad time?

Maybe the reason you don't like those things is because you've never experienced them before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Some people are of the mindset that others only make player characters they want to fuck like them, projecting that onto others, leading up to that assumption about lalafell players in turn.

The vast majority of lalafell players do not lewd out their avatar in the game at all like that, but instead just enjoy having their character look cute and adorable in a non-sexual manner.
    All the lalafell player i know play them mainly because of cuteness - these are the people that buy Paissa Plushies (the flat of the healer of our static looks like a warehouse for final fantasy plushies).

Ehhh, theres many ways to solve most of the mechanics of dsr, one of the more strict and, as you said, rigid, ultimates out there. Fire/ice and strength of the ward in p2 are one of the few "has to be solved this way" mechanics in the entire fight. Ive done nidhog like 3 different ways, eyes at least 4 different ways, intermission like 2 different ways and i know theres 1 that is hella broken that i wanna do one day, first p5 mechanic is one way to solve, death of the heavens has like a god aweful number of different ways to solve it and it stresses me out man lol. I've seen p6 mechanics solved like 4 different ways, at least the tethers and tank positioning. p7 has a lot of flexibility in how you handle most of the mechanics as well.

Tea is one of the most rigid ultimates ill give you that, not many different ways to solve those puzzles cept bjcc which has uhhh... some wild optimization strats that completely alter the entire phase. UwU is just old and tank LB can break most of the fight tbqh, but it def has ideal strats that people have agreed upon. Ucob is similar to uwu, in that regard. Idk if its really ultimates are rigid, its just that ideal strats have been developed over the years for the older ones and people don't explore much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post

Whenever i did WoW Raids, there were Bossmods and or Weak Auras determining the tactic. Imho we only had to plan who would do what, but not how.

In Savage we always have to decide which strategy we want to play - you can see this in many PF descriptions - Braindead towers, Ilya Towers, etc.

Granted there are most of the times only 2 or 3 options, but there can be multiple instances in each fight - pretty sure each group will play P3S a bit different than the next one...
    Yea, theres a lot of different ways people solve these mechanics, its just, over time, a single one does take over and makes it look limiting, but its just what people eventually decided was the way they wanted to do it as a collective party finder. The current savage tier is showing that very clearly with like hector strat and stuff being in one PF and other strats being in another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Ehhh, theres many ways to solve most of the mechanics of dsr, one of the more strict and, as you said, rigid, ultimates out there. Fire/ice and strength of the ward in p2 are one of the few "has to be solved this way" mechanics in the entire fight. Ive done nidhog like 3 different ways, eyes at least 4 different ways, intermission like 2 different ways and i know theres 1 that is hella broken that i wanna do one day, first p5 mechanic is one way to solve, death of the heavens has like a god aweful number of different ways to solve it and it stresses me out man lol. I've seen p6 mechanics solved like 4 different ways, at least the tethers and tank positioning. p7 has a lot of flexibility in how you handle most of the mechanics as well.

Tea is one of the most rigid ultimates ill give you that, not many different ways to solve those puzzles cept bjcc which has uhhh... some wild optimization strats that completely alter the entire phase. UwU is just old and tank LB can break most of the fight tbqh, but it def has ideal strats that people have agreed upon. Ucob is similar to uwu, in that regard. Idk if its really ultimates are rigid, its just that ideal strats have been developed over the years for the older ones and people don't explore much.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, theres a lot of different ways people solve these mechanics, its just, over time, a single one does take over and makes it look limiting, but its just what people eventually decided was the way they wanted to do it as a collective party finder. The current savage tier is showing that very clearly with like hector strat and stuff being in one PF and other strats being in another.
    Isn't this a bit of a limited view? Whenever i go into PF i have to check on PF tactics beforehand, because within our static we always adapt to our needs or decide early on on something else (why play easy towers if you can do it way more convoluted - like we did!). A lot of statics i know do it in a similar fashion.

So if you're only exposed to PF, especially after 3,4 weeks until strategies have been set, then it can seem that way. Oh, but don't forget datacenters - "standard" pf tactics can vary wildly.

Isn't this a bit of a limited view? Whenever i go into PF i have to check on PF tactics beforehand, because within our static we always adapt to our needs or decide early on on something else (why play easy towers if you can do it way more convoluted - like we did!). A lot of statics i know do it in a similar fashion.

So if you're only exposed to PF, especially after 3,4 weeks until strategies have been set, then it can seem that way. Oh, but don't forget datacenters - "standard" pf tactics can vary wildly.
    I mean early on yea strats do vary but as statics die down for savages and people have moved onto only PF, it does narrow to a single unified strat, generally for the greater good really. Data center travel is going to prob end up having a unified strat in a few weeks for every savage since the only real reason anything was different across data centers is a lack of cross pollination of players for the most part.

This is true if you're doing heroic raids or starting mythic like 2 months after release. Strategies coalesce around a certain "favored" one.

If you are clearing mythic week 1, you see dozens of strategies formulated and argued about and discussed ad nauseum.

In FFXIV, 20 different Ultimate groups could go in blind and coalesce on the same strategy independent of each other, because there's usually only one way to solve it. In Savage, maybe there's 2 or 3 ways (IE, there's 3 safe spots, either you all stack in one safe spot, or you split the raid between the raid spots).

Also, I haven't seen a WA in WoW that has "dictated" a strategy since the Archimonde lasers in BFA. WAs give you information, quickly. You have the strategy on how to deal with that information, you still have to react to that information and adjust. Maybe a mod like GTFO will blare at you if you stand in the fire, but again, that's just information. You still have to perform.

This is true if you're doing heroic raids or starting mythic like 2 months after release. Strategies coalesce around a certain "favored" one.

If you are clearing mythic week 1, you see dozens of strategies formulated and argued about and discussed ad nauseum.

In FFXIV, 20 different Ultimate groups could go in blind and coalesce on the same strategy independent of each other, because there's usually only one way to solve it. In Savage, maybe there's 2 or 3 ways (IE, there's 3 safe spots, either you all stack in one safe spot, or you split the raid between the raid spots).

Also, I haven't seen a WA in WoW that has "dictated" a strategy since the Archimonde lasers in BFA. WAs give you information, quickly. You have the strategy on how to deal with that information, you still have to react to that information and adjust. Maybe a mod like GTFO will blare at you if you stand in the fire, but again, that's just information. You still have to perform.
    Uhhh the biggest issue withreclear groupsin ultisis "opps i was doing XY or Z strat didnt know we were doing T strat". The number of timesive wiped 10 mins into dragonsong or ucob due to strat differences is noticable. Ulti strats arent as "only 1 way to do it" as you seem to think. Uwu is the only one with a near cross data center wide universal way to solve everything these days, but uwu is like barely an ulti tbqh.

Oh i guess ive already explained that to you once nvm then lol.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2022-09-10 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel105 View Post
    Sorry, but what kind of argument is that, that you can simply not play a game? FF14 does not have much content to begin with when you are not starting it nine years late. The only choice it would give you is to just not play it at all and if you got a house still pay some mone to not lose the house.

I don't get how this is an argument for anything - beside clearly not a content anyway for it being a good RPG.
    If you have trouble understanding "It's a good thing that you can play the content that you like and not play the content you dislike", I don't really know what to tell you, except that you are demonstrating such a profound disinterest in listening to what anyone else is saying that it certainly explains why you are so long winded and like yammering on endlessly.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I won't reaply any further, since overall this forum is clearly a troll kingdom with the mods themselves their kings.

I'm a fool to have even tried to give constructive information in here in a place driven by hate, spite and the sheer joy to spit at people - and 'moderators' who gladly protect that kind of behaviour what makes them the troll kings.

The mods can and shall see that my answer to their ridiculous behaviour and no, I don't care at all about the violence that will follow. You already showed your awful character and by that your deeds and judgements lost any meaning to me.

Good bye, trolls and kings of trolls.

It's no surprise you are in love with a game that caters to such behaviour. Afterall, the actual main character of the FF14 story is is someone who just literally slaughtered everyone who did not follow what she wanted...

Account suspended by my own will, sorry, troll kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't reaply any further, since overall this forum is clearly a troll kingdom with the mods themselves their kings.

I'm a fool to have even tried to give constructive information in here in a place driven by hate, spite and the sheer joy to spit at people - and 'moderators' who gladly protect that kind of behaviour what makes them the troll kings.

The mods can and shall see that my answer to their ridiculous behaviour and no, I don't care at all about the violence that will follow. You already showed your awful character and by that your deeds and judgements lost any meaning to me.

It's no surprise you are in love with a game that caters to such behaviour. Afterall, the actual main character of the FF14 story is is someone who just literally slaughtered everyone who did not follow what she wanted...

This is not your blog bro

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-09-21 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Video