Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.

Bring back proper servers with no cross-realm/phasing shenanigans please.
    Almost none of the servers have the population to do that and not have every zone feel like a ghost town.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    So do you have actual, coherent things to contribute, or do you just want to rant and have people see it?
    I mean what type of contribution are you looking for? It's the same game it's been for 20 years but now it's back to the Vanilla/TBC way of having no end game grind outside of raids. So yeah, you're getting the same content as before. There's virtually no way anyone could possibly be surprised about that.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    shadowlands had one of, if not the most, hyped reveals ever and to say it was a massive let down is an understatement. maybe this is a clue that wow is finally getting things done right this time? i hope, but i think it'll just be more bs "grind more" game design.
    Yeah.. Same with WoD actually. The hype was huge at that reveal, we all know how that went..

Tbh, if DF doesnt have shit grinding systems it might just be fine. Ofc it should have activites across the board, but mandatory grinds for the sake of it is SO tiersome. Especially when you get it xpac after xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I mean what type of contribution are you looking for? It's the same game it's been for 20 years but now it's back to the Vanilla/TBC way of having no end game grind outside of raids. So yeah, you're getting the same content as before. There's virtually no way anyone could possibly be surprised about that.
    What sucks is that everytime Blizzard tries something new, it often times goes bad and they just deside to abandon it. Garrisons, Warfronts, Island Expeditions.. All of these features had major issues yes, but could have been tuned/changed for the better. Tbh IE wasnt that bad, problem was that ppl grinded it for AP all day everyday. IE could have been a nice added feature in each xpac. Maybe WF too... Imagine a big Warfront in Maldraxxus, that would have been cool.

But no, Blizzard just toss it in the bin and does one of two things after it;
    1. Find a new feature only to throw that too in the bin.
    2. Removes it and add nothing in new xpac.

I do agree with people saying that Dragonflight sounds more like a giant patch than a new expansion, which tbh my concern is that they just added 10 more levels, brought the soulbinds system in as a talent tree system, made it sound new and shiny but in reality its just the same old stuff, Dragon Riding is agreeably, pointless and frankly you'd be better just adding flying itself at launch with dragon riding being some new system built around that but instead they want dragon riding to feel like Illidari gliding with elivation which isnt really that exciting save you can "Fly" which okay, but, why not just make it possible to fly permanently?

After that you have the flaw of making the entire expansion around dragons which dragons in general in wow have been sort of exhausted to death. Cata and Legion/Shadowlands had a strong theme around dragons and honestly more dragon expansions just feels uninspired.

To me, it feels like just like previous expansions with no origionality with WoD being TBC 2.0 and Shadowlands being WOTLK 2.0 this feels like MoP 2.0

Its an attempt to play into "Discover something you've heard about for years but never got to explore" We had that in BFA and honestly, it didnt really work out.

So heres how they have to fix that to make it un-pessimistic.

- We need more, we need allied races not just Dracthyr and we need unlockable content at end game that isnt just raiding or dungeons.
    - More general pve content less overall end game revolving around the previous two mentioned, if they wanna make it feel interesting again, make reputations in the zones feel interesting, add story to them, give us reason to care.
    - Respect previous characters journies and actually give them satisfying conclusions, the moment I heard they mentioned Wrathion will be with us but "Might not" be leading the Black Dragonflight I immediatley facepalmed knowing they obviously plan to introduce a new char "better suited" to it which is just annoying fan-fic writing. Wrathion needs his moment, let him be the big cheese.
    - Dont be afraid to kill chars either, chars like Alexstraza, Chromie, Nozdormu, Kalec etc, dont be afraid to take some risks to make things more interesting with the plot, the story is at its best when they dont hold back.
    - Dont, make, a jailor themed antagonist, we dont need some elaborate char with a master plan thats revealed 3 patches later, give us an antagonist with clear motives but more ambigious patch content on how they intend to get to them, and if you wanna make them layered, do it the Emet-Selch way in FFXIV, not the Jailor/Sylvanas way which no one gave a damn about.
    - Player housing, is a priority, people wanted it for this expansion, they need to add it by the end of it at most, because people wanted content that actually made them feel like there was something for them to do.

Oh shit you have early access to it?! You're so lucky.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I do agree with people saying that Dragonflight sounds more like a giant patch than a new expansion, which tbh my concern is that they just added 10 more levels, brought the soulbinds system in as a talent tree system, made it sound new and shiny but in reality its just the same old stuff, Dragon Riding is agreeably, pointless and frankly you'd be better just adding flying itself at launch with dragon riding being some new system built around that but instead they want dragon riding to feel like Illidari gliding with elivation which isnt really that exciting save you can "Fly" which okay, but, why not just make it possible to fly permanently?

After that you have the flaw of making the entire expansion around dragons which dragons in general in wow have been sort of exhausted to death. Cata and Legion/Shadowlands had a strong theme around dragons and honestly more dragon expansions just feels uninspired.

To me, it feels like just like previous expansions with no origionality with WoD being TBC 2.0 and Shadowlands being WOTLK 2.0 this feels like MoP 2.0

Its an attempt to play into "Discover something you've heard about for years but never got to explore" We had that in BFA and honestly, it didnt really work out.

So heres how they have to fix that to make it un-pessimistic.

- We need more, we need allied races not just Dracthyr and we need unlockable content at end game that isnt just raiding or dungeons.
    - More general pve content less overall end game revolving around the previous two mentioned, if they wanna make it feel interesting again, make reputations in the zones feel interesting, add story to them, give us reason to care.
    - Respect previous characters journies and actually give them satisfying conclusions, the moment I heard they mentioned Wrathion will be with us but "Might not" be leading the Black Dragonflight I immediatley facepalmed knowing they obviously plan to introduce a new char "better suited" to it which is just annoying fan-fic writing. Wrathion needs his moment, let him be the big cheese.
    - Dont be afraid to kill chars either, chars like Alexstraza, Chromie, Nozdormu, Kalec etc, dont be afraid to take some risks to make things more interesting with the plot, the story is at its best when they dont hold back.
    - Dont, make, a jailor themed antagonist, we dont need some elaborate char with a master plan thats revealed 3 patches later, give us an antagonist with clear motives but more ambigious patch content on how they intend to get to them, and if you wanna make them layered, do it the Emet-Selch way in FFXIV, not the Jailor/Sylvanas way which no one gave a damn about.
    - Player housing, is a priority, people wanted it for this expansion, they need to add it by the end of it at most, because people wanted content that actually made them feel like there was something for them to do.
    I disagree with every word that came out of your mouth. As for Dragon-riding, I think it sounds cool and, if done right, could be really fun. If the Dragon Isles truly are HUGE as Blizzard had said, then I don’t think regular flying would be “enough” or feel the same. I think they designed the zones with Dragon-riding in mind NOT flying. Therefore, it wouldn’t work (at-least initially).

All in all, neither you nor I are right nor wrong since Blizzard hasn’t really shown us anything, yet. It’s just “wait and see” time. Alpha soon!

Regardless if it has something spectacularly new or exciting, i personally don't need those. M+ and Arena were great new added gameplay, but i'm pretty fine with what we have now, if done right.

If there's no big mandatory grinds, no forced activity in content you don't want (choreghast), and a good excuse to do outdoors, kill elites (not just rare named mobs), do arena m+ and raids then that's really all i need. Good lore with lots to discover would be a very big bonus. New talent system having some new spells/big passives for each class would be an even bigger one.

If shadowlands delivered cosmic flux and the content it has in current patch on day 1, with perhaps more elites in zereth mortis, i'd have been pretty ok with it. Lore's still too shallow and not enough of it to discover, but gameplay wise all I need is the content we got used to and not being forced into types of content i dont love.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2022-07-03 at 11:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Didnt hear of FF in ages sinces streamer arent milking the ´´ exodus ´´ anymore, Good news that its still running though
    still running well, I still have queues on my server even in mid patch times. only 10-20people but still full around the clock

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Bliz Designers:
    You know what's cool?
    What?
    Dragons!
    Oh yea!

Crazy. We have almost no information about the new xpac and folks already say "Worst xpac ever". Jeez, at least wait and see before you decry something as bad. How can your opinion ever hold weight when you make a post like this "Most boring expansion ever" when we don't have any information about it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Crazy. We have almost no information about the new xpac and folks already say "Worst xpac ever".
    This thread is about **what we've been shown so far** !!
    Do you really think that Blizzard has any more "big thing" to show us besides what we already know?? If Blizzard had anything else relevant to announce they would have done it already.

I don't know but I do know the lack of dungeons is troubling... padding with timewalking is just that padding with time walking.

It shouldn't take the place of orginal content.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    still running well, I still have queues on my server even in mid patch times. only 10-20people but still full around the clock
    If the queue is less than around 40 or so, it's not a real queue, it's just delayed logins as an anti-DDOS mechanic. Even the empty servers have a 10-20 person "queue".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I don't know but I do know the lack of dungeons is troubling... padding with timewalking is just that padding with time walking.

It shouldn't take the place of orginal content.
    It will still have the same number of dungeons as a normal expansion, as it has 8 of them, but only 4 are going to be in the first M+ season. The other four will be normal/heroic only until the second season
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    If the queue is less than around 40 or so, it's not a real queue, it's just delayed logins as an anti-DDOS mechanic. Even the empty servers have a 10-20 person "queue".

- - - Updated - - -

It will still have the same number of dungeons as a normal expansion, as it has 8 of them, but only 4 are going to be in the first M+ season. The other four will be normal/heroic only until the second season
    Eight total isn't a normal number and even assuming a mega dungeon last patch 10 is extremely light for an expansion.

No one can say didn't listen to beta feedback if you don't release a beta. Blizzard smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    But the Trashmobs in said dungeons do.
    If you really think making interrupts not baseline anymore is a very good idea because a few raid bosses don't required it, I can only assume You are trolling hard. That's simply not an opinion that can be taken seriously.
    Wait why not? I’m actually curious why is that trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I believe all the 8 new dungeons will also be m0 just will not be in the keystone rotation. I know that’s only a small difference from what you said but might matter to someone
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    Eight total isn't a normal number and even assuming a mega dungeon last patch 10 is extremely light for an expansion.
    I just scrolled back through the last 5-6 expansions, 8 is absolutely a normal release number of dungeons. We've received no information on whether they're going to be adding more, but 8 dungeons in release is basically the standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Look at this poll below for example. Almost 40% of players ask (and it's been a long time) for the Dark Ranger class or at least a fourth Hunter spec being Dark Ranger:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-in-9-2-5)!!!

I've seen this same poll on other forums (including the official forum) and it's always between 35% to 40% of players.
    That represents a lot (a lot) of people.
    Blizzard never listened to this even dragging Sylvanas (a Dark Ranger) as the protagonist since LEGION!!!

Instead, the meeting that defined the future of the new expansion decided to bring in a gecko's race that no one ever asked for and a invented classes on a drunken night.
    I like how you proved that majority of people don't want dark rangers, but somehow use it as a reason for people wanting dark rangers. Dark Ranger would make dragonflight boring since dark ranger is boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    This might actually be the dumbest meme I've ever seen