Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the main issue people are struggling with is that DF doesn't have a central gimmick the expansion is themed around - as in the manner that Legion has Artifact weapons, or BfA had the Heart of Azeroth, etc. Instead, DF basically just offers up basic WoW-style gameplay without any kind of subgame to speak of. Thus far from my experiences in the Alpha/Beta it feels a lot more like TBC or WotLK in terms of offerings than anything else. It's really just meat and potatoes WoW content: questing, leveling, professions, reputation, end-game quests/dailies/WQs, and obviously a lot of dungeons and raiding. Dragonriding is more a feature of play than a central gimmick, not unlike regular flying when introduced in TBC (albeit you get it at the start in DF and not max-level like TBC).

From a gimmicky alternative power perspective, I could see where an argument might be made for DF being "boring" - it's just WoW without frills, really; kind of a return to form. If you were a big fan of those centralized alternative power systems, you may be put out by their absence here. But if you just like basic WoW centered around a general theme (in this case dragons, the elements, and exploration of new lands) then you'll probably like DF just fine.
    For me it's not hugely different at that, because they still have those 4 faction progression "trees" and a few other "trees".
    At the end of the day it's all about if it needs grinding or not because for me it's all about ending up playing PvE or PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...its actually a bit more I think last thing I remember they charge China by the hour

last article I found on it shows they charge about $5 American for 2700 Minutes...which is a little under 2 days

so to play wow for a month in China blizz is actually making $75 a month per Chinese player assuming they play continuously for a month.
    Which strikes me as rater nonsensical assumption, given China's gaming laws and and all that. The average person is probably getting away with 5-10 bucks for a month these days, which incidentially has always been a point of critque regarding WoW's player numbers, as they were probably severely inflated back in the first couple of years.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    It started out looking good, but they keep making beta changes that more and more are making it look like a raid or die
    That's more likely changes they would do anyway, and implemented later. You were seeing a (more) unfinished game at the start (in their view).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    It only feels like it's missing 1 feature. BofA had island expeditions, EWW!, and this expac we got torghast, which was meh. I dont mind that it's missing the new gimmick this time around as long as the raids and dungeons are top notch.
    Dragonriding is the "gimmick", and it's good, because it opens up the maps (in instances too (not only the world)) on top if it being more fun than mounts in itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    so fuck them? who cares about those people, non raiders need shit to do

dragonflight will be warlords of draenor 2

Legion was the best expansion ever made precisely because it took a massive dump on the heads of raidloggers

let me repeat that again, fuck raidloggers
    The RNG for the legendaries, was one of the worst "features" in the entire history of the game.
    I was always sick of Legion being overrated and I think people start seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It seems like the bulk of this FORUM amount to "NOOOO the precise thing I, and only I, want has not been added!"
    fixed that for you

I really like the theme of exploration this expansion gives, so that's a plus.
    I like idea of Evoker class - but the Dracthyr execusion is just beyond stupid. Instead of wasting time on ugly humanoid models they should've allow Dracthyr to pick any playable race that is available to the faction.
    new talent trees sound interesting.

The cons:
    - as mentioned before fugly humanoid dracthyr, which will be hard to ignore.
    - very little, to none racial stories - neutral content is a great place to develop new heroes, and especially Horde could use some new positive faces.
    - "Body Types"/ Pronoun, - to imagine that this company is wasting precious time and resources for this is beyond me. I hope people will troll this feature to the fullest.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Haven't posted on these forums in quite a long time but ...

Here's my thoughts on DF, boring at this point in time is great. I am so tired of them trying to create the next big thing. Every expansion they add in system after system trying to cater to the people that blow through content in no time flat, yet they fail, every. single. time. I am glad they are bringing the game back to when it was actually good. Focus more on adding in bigger and better content patches rather than having to fix their overly inflated bs systems that no one ever asked for.

So yea, in general, I'm pretty excited to see where this goes. I'm sure they'll screw it up somehow but we shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It seems like the bulk of this thread amounts to "NOOOO the precise thing I, and only I, want has not been added!"
    It's a little bit worse than that because most posts here either don't know what they truly want or are too afraid to ask openly for something controversial from previous expansions.

However, seeing how poorly past expansions performed with said approach, I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns in Dragonflight, so we can find out which model is more popular.

I firmly believe that way more people will play Dragonflight, and we'll have more people playing WoW for short periods instead of fewer people playing for longer periods.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-10-20 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It's a little bit worse than that because most posts here either don't know what they truly want or are too afraid to ask openly for something controversial from previous expansions.

However, seeing how poorly past expansions performed with said approach, I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns in Dragonflight, so we can find out which model is more popular.

I firmly believe that way more people will play Dragonflight, and we'll have more people playing WoW for short periods instead of fewer people playing for longer periods.
    Wow classic had alot of players long term as well what killed wow classic was the announcement of tbc classic+

What does DF not have that early expansions had? Legion added ap grind, begpre that all we had was doing quests and dailies. How does that make DF the most boring expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    What does DF not have that early expansions had?
    Millions of players?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Millions of players?
    It hasn't really released yet, so we can't make any strong calls.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    It will be an instant failure if there's nothing to do again like in Shadowlands. We need huge player power and character progression outside of raiding or the game is dead on arrival.
    for people who thought there was nothing to do in shadowlands why are you playing the game?
    The game is an immersive world with fun adventures. Tons of collectables and mysteries to solve. Challenging dungeons and raids. PVP. Then usually something random and expansion specific (farm, garrison, torghast, etc). It's the same formula with this expansion's weird thing being dragon riding. I'm not huge into the dragon riding/racing thing so it will be probably something i max simply for my gathering toon/mounts and ignore the rest of the expansion.

For people expecting something else I think it's time to look outside the game for your personal satisfaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    dragon flying and dracthyr should have been combined from the get

let us dracthyr just fly, no cd, no limited time just an animation and fly, like a dragon

the fact that dragon riding is just 'here is a proto dragon, we have a bunch for some reason idk, take it, fly, whatever.....'

serious lack of some obivious customization for dracthyr is glaring, like;
    • none of the main dragonflights color as secondary tone
    • no teeth show from muzzle
    • no wing customization (leafy, hard rock, magic runes, flames of life trails)
    • no netherwing, stone or storm cata dragons, no stormheim storm dragons show (despite Odyn lore being added)

no showing plans for Wrathion to explain where the hell he was during Legion, cause it was his fault

old dragon mounts not gfx upgrade, some of them are literally for vanilla beta, 20 years folks

no dragonmaw skin for orcs

C'MON most of this is simple ass shit
    I agree with you immensely. I thought if we ever got a dragon race it would actually you know, resemble WoW dragons. Such as letting us pick our family color, and decorate off that aesthetic. Then again I also thought they would make the dragon race actually look like WoW dragonoids and not these furry monstrosities we got instead. Oh I’m sorry the artists on twitter say they are “scalies”. I wanted cool ferocious dragons and not these weird furry dragons that look like someone made on deviantart.

The lack of borrowed power is something I'm incredibly excited for. The idea of getting my characters to 70 and only having to focus on getting gear as my primary power is great. Unlike in Shadowlands, I won't have to grind gear AND:

- Pick a covenant (potentially multiple for optimal play and specs)
    - Do intro quests to unlock soulbinds
    - Get reasonable ilvl conduits
    - Get legendary powers
    - Spend decent amounts of gold on legendaries (per spec you want to play, sometimes 3/spec)

Fully acknowledge that a lot of this has been improved in the later patches, but it still exists. For me I just want to do some exploration, dragonriding, and push keys on different classes. It's what I enjoy and DF looks great for it

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Millions of players?
    That's not an expansion feature.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    The problem comes with giving any alternative power gains that are not raiding since the raiding populace would force their members to partake in it regardless if they enjoy it or not, which is a prime reason why i refuse to raid outside of a pug window. Another aspect they is they want everyone to only play WoW, how about they come out and encourage taking a break similar to how FF14 said of its players? I wonder if the marketing department would lose their fucking minds over a statement like that?

I would raid when i felt like it if the raiding population was not so min/max minded along with no freedom of choice plus they would have to be willing to deal with someone who only tanks who could not show up for a few weeks without notice. Hell my life is not even that busy, i work 9-5 for an accounting firm but if i want to go watch 7s or go out with mates or hell just watch a movie i should not feel any repercussions regarding not being " on time " for a leisurely activity. Design the game to be more of a lobby based one instead of some long form months on end dogshit. I tend to think they are stuck in the past or to conservative and not willing to take some make or break chances either way it matters not much to me as its the best time to be alive for video games in general.
    I as a player would lose my mind over a statement like this

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I as a player would lose my mind over a statement like this
    I only play until i get KSM and then move on to other games, i have said before i do not like the older style of MMO's long form content. I put forth a goal that i can get fairly quickly and move on, i have no real want to be on schedule and since i only tank and refuse to do other roles no raiding guild will have me when i want to show up. I want quick pick up and play segments that hold no bearing on the next time i play think of any other online game from a FPS to a 2D Fighter or to anything not a MMO. FF14 has a very similar way of handling its playerbase WoW would be wise to copy.

And outside of WoW and FF14 i do not enjoy or even care for MMO's.

I only play until i get KSM and then move on to other games, i have said before i do not like the older style of MMO's long form content. I put forth a goal that i can get fairly quickly and move on, i have no real want to be on schedule and since i only tank and refuse to do other roles no raiding guild will have me when i want to show up. I want quick pick up and play segments that hold no bearing on the next time i play think of any other online game from a FPS to a 2D Fighter or to anything not a MMO. FF14 has a very similar way of handling its playerbase WoW would be wise to copy.

And outside of WoW and FF14 i do not enjoy or even care for MMO's.
    I mean in that case people who prefer that playstyle can play FF14 and the people who enjoy playing continuously can continue to play WoW. Win win for everyone, right?
    This quick "jump straight in and out" mentality simply is a completely different target audience compared to large parts of the wow playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean in that case people who prefer that playstyle can play FF14 and the people who enjoy playing continuously can continue to play WoW. Win win for everyone, right?
    This quick "jump straight in and out" mentality simply is a completely different target audience compared to large parts of the wow playerbase.
    It already does that for me since i care not for chasing gear or logs. I enjoy the narrative for some of the zones ( not the overall narrative for shadowlands but i really thought the kyrian lore and night fae lore was fantastic ). My point was to remove the barriers for entry unless you view those barriers are positives but it has shown that people have grown more insular in online gaming sticking to small groups ( or clicks as they were called ) even in larger guilds. I will play Dragonflight until i get KSM Season 1 leave, follow news for when season 2 comes and repeat like i did for all of BFA and Shadowlands by only pugging which as a tank only player is very easy.

It already does that for me since i care not for chasing gear or logs. I enjoy the narrative for some of the zones ( not the overall narrative for shadowlands but i really thought the kyrian lore and night fae lore was fantastic ). My point was to remove the barriers for entry unless you view those barriers are positives but it has shown that people have grown more insular in online gaming sticking to small groups ( or clicks as they were called ) even in larger guilds. I will play Dragonflight until i get KSM Season 1 leave, follow news for when season 2 comes and repeat like i did for all of BFA and Shadowlands by only pugging which as a tank only player is very easy.
    So I broadly agree with making a lot of things more pug and play (and why this makes m+ better than raiding for most people), but a customer who says they only want to play one month per patch is not really worth targeting from Blizzard's perspective. And designing the game around that would almost certainly be bad for business.