Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    aside from knowing there were Old God involvement, we don't know the circumstances of Nozdormu's transformation
    We do know that whatever he saw coming in the future, an Azeroth, completely dead and devoid of life was the better option. As much as I hope otherwise, whatever the cause will no doubt be underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Blizz was talking about the Aspect Dragons choosing another path instead of the Power of Titans. More Primal or Azeroth powerbased.

Oh god, I hope not. That's literally about 2/3rds of the plot of Heart of the Swarm, going to the Zerg Homeworld, meeting the Primal Zerg, learning about the Primal Zerg and becoming Primal Zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It's definitely going to be Murozond. They have been super cagey about the Bronze (never really talking or showing them or Noz at all) and they don't seem to have a "real" zone (just part of Thaldrazus) at launch, implying they could be patch content.

Nozdormu is still going to turn into Murozond, that part of the timeline never just stopped. The one thing we know is that Old Gods are involved... and as everyone but Xal'atath is dead, it's probably going to be her.

It's important to note the two dragons closest tied to the Old Gods, Black and Bronze, don't have real zones.
    We altered the time line in Cataclysm. While he'll still probably change to Murozond, the timeline where it was because of the Old Gods was effectively erased by our actions. The one in End Time was that future and due to us being able to go back in time to the well once we defeated him we changed the course effectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Munzond, Chromatus, Galakrond maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    We do know that whatever he saw coming in the future, an Azeroth, completely dead and devoid of life was the better option. As much as I hope otherwise, whatever the cause will no doubt be underwhelming.
    Even worse - it'll just turn out he was wrong.

That's how this always goes. Someone sees "the future", then does something bad to prevent something even worse - and instead of discussing the ethical dilemma surrounding a choice like that, the solution is pretty much ALWAYS "option 3" where somehow the inescapable future is escaped, or the vision was mistaken, or whatever other contrivance pulls the rug out from under the premise so we never ACTUALLY have to deal with the consequences. We pretend the big bad event foreshadowed in the vision is coming, but in the end, it's always avoided.

Ehhh, underwhelming or not, that's a different discussion. But I am curious about what exactly caused Nozdormu to become Murozond, if there were other factors, if that was indeed a real future or an illusion caused by an Old God, etc.

Although, an Azeroth "completely dead and devoid of life was the better option" sounds a whole lot like Sargeras' own motivations to begin his Burning Crusade, doesn't it?

That aside... I'm amused at how basically everyone is betting on the BBEG of the expansion being another dragon, like Murozond or Galakrond. No one cares to think outside the box a little and offer some non-dragon alternatives?

They're time-travelers. Killing him doesn't necessarily mean we won't see him again. We would likely see a "younger version" of him, from before he was killed.
    They could also just as easily do a “the Murozond we fought in End Time was a weakened version due to our actions in the final raid of Dragonflight” angle. “That’s why he’s so much stronger when we encounter him this time.”
    I mean, we learned Illidan was super weakened in his BT fight about 10 years after the fact - so this’d be par for the course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion/Alexstrasza will do something that will have Nozdormu do the unthinkable and kill Wrathion/Alexstrasza thus that how he starts his Murozond ways. Murozond will pull Galakrond from another timeline and Chromatus will be risen as the new undead dragon. Ridiculous? Yes I will admit it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah it should be a dragon. Maybe Muzorond transports Galakrond from a timeline where he didn't die to fight us or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murozond most likely, that, or the unknown Black Dragon member who has been sending troops out during BFA as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm hoping Murozond undoes what we did in Cata and brings Deathwing back from the dead/the past so we get Deathwing Prime, less falling apart from madness and more badass than before
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    I'm hoping Murozond undoes what we did in Cata and brings Deathwing back from the dead/the past so we get Deathwing Prime, less falling apart from madness and more badass than before
    Messing with the timeline would be fun, IF AND ONLY IF it actually has lasting consequences.

What if, for example, we stop Deathwing from becoming corrupted? Suddenly he's on our side during the War of the Ancients. Maybe we actually rebuff the Burning Legion before anything serious happens - the Well of Eternity doesn't implode, the world isn't sundered, etc. We find that our history suddenly turned out completely differently, and we go from there.

But of course that'd never happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    They could also just as easily do a “the Murozond we fought in End Time was a weakened version due to our actions in the final raid of Dragonflight” angle. “That’s why he’s so much stronger when we encounter him this time.” I mean, we learned Illidan was super weakened in his BT fight about 10 years after the fact - so this’d be par for the course.
    Except Nozdormu already stated that was his death and it was "outside of time". Dawn of the Aspects also states his future was changed and he would no longer fall but that could be a retcon or the fate before the Aspects get their power back. There are some conflicting things with that so it could also just be a faulty perspective. Though I think it indicates this won't be an expansion that creates the infinite flight at least not as a main plot. The aspects still haven't regained the power they lost and Blizzard has stated we learn about the main threat as we level/quest. So it doesn't seem like an Aspect would fit if they have to regain some, or all, of their power first to be the "main threat".

I'm not sure who the threat will be but Galakrond is a prime target since his cultists have already been mentioned. The Titans (maybe not the pantheon members if others exist) could be upset the Aspects turn to a different power source. Any other cosmic force or simply we learn about something to do with the Elementals that is entirely new since they were native to Azeroth and would regenerate on the planet. That is why they were imprisoned on the elemental planes.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Even worse - it'll just turn out he was wrong.

That's how this always goes. Someone sees "the future", then does something bad to prevent something even worse - and instead of discussing the ethical dilemma surrounding a choice like that, the solution is pretty much ALWAYS "option 3" where somehow the inescapable future is escaped, or the vision was mistaken, or whatever other contrivance pulls the rug out from under the premise so we never ACTUALLY have to deal with the consequences. We pretend the big bad event foreshadowed in the vision is coming, but in the end, it's always avoided.
    Well yeah, otherwise [bad thing] happens and our characters are permanently dead/in a state of endless torture. Videogames, especially MMO's, don't get to have bad ends.

That aside... I'm amused at how basically everyone is betting on the BBEG of the expansion being another dragon, like Murozond or Galakrond. No one cares to think outside the box a little and offer some non-dragon alternatives?
    That's cause all the others might as well be random. Azshara? The void creature that was in the dagger whose name I can't remember? Y'rel?
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2022-06-29 at 12:00 PM.

Well yeah, otherwise [bad thing] happens and our characters are permanently dead/in a state of endless torture. Videogames, especially MMO's, don't get to have bad ends.
    I mean sure, we can't blow up the planet and have everyone die.

But that doesn't mean it always has to be sunshine and rainbows.

We need to LOSE for a change.

Say what you will about Teldrassil, at least something of impact happened. But somehow we're stuck in this Hollywood-esque Happy-Ending loop that takes all the bite out of any threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    We need to LOSE for a change.

Say what you will about Teldrassil, at least something of impact happened. But somehow we're stuck in this Hollywood-esque Happy-Ending loop that takes all the bite out of any threat.
    I totally agree. It'd be great to see something of real consequence happen. The only other thing I can think of that's close is Sargeras' sword, but even that was pushed away pretty swiftly.

Chromatus.

You can make him part Galakrond and Muruzond and we would get an epic multiheaded dragon end boss fight.

Bonus points for not revealing him and having different story points pointing to a different villain and then the big reveal is they are all a head on Chromatus.

onyxia and nefarion, just because they haven't been bosses in ages
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

I totally agree. It'd be great to see something of real consequence happen. The only other thing I can think of that's close is Sargeras' sword, but even that was pushed away pretty swiftly.
    Broken Shore says hi.
    Related side note: I thought it was wild that the Jailer won in SoD and literally just walked away without hurting anyone but Sylvanas. Then he does nothing to stop us in Zereth Mortis either. The greatest Uber-tier threat we’ve allegedly ever faced and he didn’t kill one character the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Munzond, Chromatus, Galakrond maybe.
    I hope it's none of them because it's so utterly predictable. I'd rather fight and kill a corrupted Alexstrasza.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

That's cause all the others might as well be random. Azshara? The void creature that was in the dagger whose name I can't remember? Y'rel?
    Well... if we think about it, Deathwing almost breaking the world, literally, was apparently not deemed a threat big enough to "wake up" the Watchers in the Dragon Isles, so who knows.

There are other threats related to dragons, such as the Twilight Hammer and the Dragonmaw orcs.