Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Things like Kicks should not be a talent unless that class does not come with one ( Healers not named shaman given a 15 second one with a talent choice ) or a way to lower the longer ranged kicks by talent.

For hybirds like druids there will definitely be clear cookie cutter general talent builds.
    Mostly because their general talent trees contain like 1/4 role enhancing general talents and then the rest is almost 3/4 near useless off-spec general talents barricaded behind really useless off-spec filler talents.

Pure classes will have a lot more fun with talents, as long as they dont go for the world first races and similar top 5% tryhard mentalities.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Things like Kicks should not be a talent unless that class does not come with one ( Healers not named shaman given a 15 second one with a talent choice ) or a way to lower the longer ranged kicks by talent.

Interrupts must be baseline for everyone, vote for equal world.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    nobody in a guild will play a spec that just doesnt work if they are trying to push content
    on an alt night though?? bet your ass im going in as my laser bear

- - - Updated - - -

its just a loadout not even an addon
    What you are missing is that if you can't instantly switch from one spec to the other in two seconds you will get kicked from a Mythic+ group for being too slow and slowing the group down.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What you are missing is that if you can't instantly switch from one spec to the other in two seconds you will get kicked from a Mythic+ group for being too slow and slowing the group down.
    Pop a tome
    Swap loadouts
    Also you are missing the fact you can't swap talents in m+ right now (unless they reverted that but I'm fairly certain they didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Of course there will be. It's pretty darn hard to go down these new trees and select things that are wildly different than other people doing the same content even if you dont stick to a guide or a sim.

I would rather see the current talent options just reworked/expanded on then giant tree that just appears to give lots of options but really only offers a handful of choices.
    I disagree. I already see two hunter builds that I want to try that very few others will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I'm confused by this question, because it seems at odds with the rest of your argument. DR Ultimate took 6 days to clear, Mythic jailer took around 18-19 days.
    No, Mythic Jailer did not take 18-19 days. The entire raid took 18-19 days. Go look up how long Mythic Jailer took.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Yeah of course it'll be super cookie cutter like it used to be. Would be silly to think otherwise.

There's definitely a handful of talents you'll be swapping around, especially between AoE and single target and between PvE and PvP. But there will be a m+ build, a raid build, an arena build, and a BG build for basically every class/spec.

Some things are just needed. You aren't playing a Priest in PvP without life grip, PI and MC, while in PvE you probably don't need grip or MC depending on the content you're doing, so stuff like that will change out. But your DPS or HPS talents are almost all going to be the same, some are just going to be objectively better than the others, and those ones will always be taken no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah of course it'll be super cookie cutter like it used to be. Would be silly to think otherwise.

There's definitely a handful of talents you'll be swapping around, especially between AoE and single target and between PvE and PvP. But there will be a m+ build, a raid build, an arena build, and a BG build for basically every class/spec.

Some things are just needed. You aren't playing a Priest in PvP without life grip, PI and MC, while in PvE you probably don't need grip or MC depending on the content you're doing, so stuff like that will change out. But your DPS or HPS talents are almost all going to be the same, some are just going to be objectively better than the others, and those ones will always be taken no matter what.
    It's time for them to admit that customization is incompatible with the corner they've designed the game into, and just embrace that. They should have moved away from talents and toward things like new specs a long time ago. Well, either that or get out of the hardcore-appeasement corner they backed themselves into.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

1+ Year Old Account
    That's up to you. Games that let you make choices will always have some sort of a meta. It depends on you whether you'll have fun and actually make your own build or if you're just gonna do whatever IcyVeins tells you to do.

I took a look at the druid tree and it is literally a joke. Basically each spec will just go down one of 4 lanes. Boomkin form is a talent on the druid tree instead of being baseline for balance. Heck... frost dk's have to spec into obliterate and howling blast. Why are required core rotarional spells being put on the talent tree?

There will always be a "Best choice", even if only by a tenth of a percent, but with more talents, there's slightly more wiggle-room in between the crucial talents for players to make a choice for themselves.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Different talents doesn't overcome crits, there can be a "best"/cookie talents but it won't matter if you don't do crits.
    Crit & hit has always been under valued, +hit stat when it existed was the most important stat. it is up to luck.