• Not yet but plan to

137 27.35%
  • Will not pre-order

166 33.13%
  • Will not get at all

69 13.77%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For now, DF look like a patch in terms of content, so no and certainly not before testing the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    That's not happening. WoW will not come to game pass; it's as simple as that:

Game Pass almost never includes DLCs, so you only would get the basic version of it, and it's already free. Also don't forget Elder Scrolls Online: it's not on game pass, and probably never will.
    Don't use Elder Scrolls or Fallout as a comparison none of those have the brand power that wow does and they never will. Putting WoW on gamepass is the way to go as it is dwindling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For now, DF look like a patch in terms of content, so no and certainly not before testing the beta.
    If Blizzard was smart they'd do a free Beta weekend so everybody can try it but they're probably too scared that they haven't done enough to shake the game up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Everyone who likes to play raids will continue to play raids.
    Yeah, cuz everyone likes to fail at a boss cuz someone else in the raid did something stupid n as a result everyone have to try again (waste time)..given a choice, the majority would do single-content for loot rather than rely on others...

For the first time this expac, I'm not pre-ordering. It took me almost 20 years to realize that I'm paying money for some dev team to constantly find ways to annoy me and take my fun away.

This hit me when they did the second nerf to guardian 4-set. I was having a real bad day and just wanted to blast that evening. I mean, how can my "fun" activity find a way to make me feel bad? Was enough.

I get why they make fotm classes to increase playtime and re-rolls etc. Not gonna play an imbalanced mess anymore, have fun everyone.

Oh if they bring weekly balance passes or something similar, sure thing, I'll be back.

Torghast like endgame with gearing progression and multiple levels of difficulty. For small groups and solo players.

I wrote a hundred posts about it on this forums. Just watch my posting history if you want details.
    That's just another grind that will be either 'useless' because it's gear is sub-par, or 'mandatory' if the gear is decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    solo players dont need high end gear.
    skyrim exists for a reason.
    That's saying that solo players don't deserve to be able to clear their daily solo content as quickly and easily, and with as much fun as you can get from doing that as raiders, m+ runners, and PvPers. Because we all have to do solo content, we all do daily and weekly grinds, rep grinds, and so on, and good gear makes doing this less of a chore. So why should solo players have the one thing that they do be harder than it is for everyone else?

Yes.

Even at its worst, every new WoW expansion is good enough to keep me entertained for like a month, so I'm still gonna play it. The real question this time around is whether I'll stay subbed or immediately cancel out.

Oh, so you say raiding is not popular?

Do you want to tell me blizzard creates a raiding game noone really wants to play?
    Well, 90+% of the people who have played WoW no longer do, so arguably nothing in WoW is popular.

Of course, one can say anything is popular if one restricts the data to the people who like it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yes.

I had more than 20 SL accounts. I will order equal on DF, ramping up over time(depending on my mental state). And im not kidding.

I got 20 haters covered due to my mental state(there is plenty of crazed fanboys to support the game). And I can't wait for the release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Well, 90+% of the people who have played WoW no longer do, so arguably nothing in WoW is popular.

Of course, one can say anything is popular if one restricts the data to the people who like it.
    90%? Why not go 173%(if you had to pull a number).

I want to bet that 90% of the people here, who are saying that they won't preorder - will end up playing the game anyway.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-09-05 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    The number 90+% was not "pulled", it was from a number Blizzard released some years ago of how many people have ever played WoW, and current estimates of how many are playing. Granted, the first number included trial accounts.

Maybe you should think about these things before posting obviously bad faith responses?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I will not preorder. And i will not order. For me, DF already is dead before its birth based on the missing effort of the devs to actually create endgame for others than raiders and mythic+ dungeon runners.

Casual gamers will have the leveling phase and nothing really compelling in endgame. So it is likely millions buy the expac, level, and quit again. Seems the devs got that used to that they do not even plan any effort to make these players play any longer.
    with that wall of text it seems like you will end up buying it and then justify it by BS reason xD no one cares if you play or not
    you like it play, you don't stop making big deal and spamming forums

well technicaly he is correct, some 120m people tried wow and it peaked at roughly 12m, so unless they have now more players than that (which we can assume they dont) over 90% of people who tried wow did in fact leave

I always find it funny that people treat WoW like a relationship, and not a game. It's so obvious in the language they use to describe even the most basic things things. You can't just stop playing, you have to "quit". People "leave" WoW (and when they do, it's because they are "upset" with it, not because they want to play something else). If people "leave" WoW, it's because it's "bad"; you should never, ever have a reason to stop playing WoW; you should always want to play WoW, and if you don't, it's a proof that "it just isn't the same as it was before". It's like MMOs have to be a lifetime commitment.

The number 90+% was not "pulled", it was from a number Blizzard released some years ago of how many people have ever played WoW, and current estimates of how many are playing. Granted, the first number included trial accounts.

Maybe you should think about these things before posting obviously bad faith responses?
    I just don't understand the point. Is somebody estimating how many people are playing, based on a number some years ago?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well technicaly he is correct, some 120m people tried wow and it peaked at roughly 12m, so unless they have now more players than that (which we can assume they dont) over 90% of people who tried wow did in fact leave
    But I don't understand the conclussion. Is that supposed to say that WoW is dead? Or what is the pitch here?

For me it's a super massive success over 18 years or almost 1/4 of a lifetime - but I'm just this lonely whiteknight.

But I don't understand the conclussion. Is that supposed to say that WoW is dead? Or what is the pitch here?

For me it's a super massive success over 18 years or almost 1/4 of a lifetime - but I'm just this lonely whiteknight.
    oh definitely, for 18y old game WITH MONTHLY SUB!! to be still alive, let alone among best and most played in its genre its definitely massive success, even if its "just" at 1m or so players (which is the most pesimistic guesstimate)...
    i dont think thats what he meant when he mentioned 90% people leaving, he meant more like "i dont like it so definitely everybody shares my opinion" or "belular/asmon/whoever said so so people definitely left" he just happened to be more or less true... you know, broken clock an all that or maybe he just wanted to point out for whatever reason that wow alwyas had terrible player retention

im REALLY curious about DF sales though, if it breaks records AGAIN it will be funny to see the mental gymnastics of people who claim game is dead/dying or that exodus to FF happened, or that game is under 1m or whatever is current bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It's astounding how often the same shit comes up again and again: casuals/solo player don't need gear, there are single player games of it; when does finally the last one understand that wow became big because it was MADE for single players. WoW was the first MMO that was played mostly by single players and where not even half of people were raiding even LFR. A sub from a casual and a sub from a raider is exactly the same worth, maybe even more from the casual.

And yes, there is exactly one incentive to do something in the game right now, and this is gear.

And sorry Sinured: i already played Skyrim around 3000 Hours in, so i defintively don't want to play it anymore. And exactly here comes wow into the game; blizzard could do content for 1 hardcore raider or for 100 casuals in comparsion; and if they were smart, they would especially try to gain more players, no matter what.

Also: the issue that gear is not readily available for solo players did not lead to more raiders, it brought us more boosting services. Make it easier available, especially for solo conten that they prefer and voila, these will get more irrelevant.

In the end i think that people who prefer to do solo content should be able to do it and also get gear for it that is tailored towards solo content (by adding a stat that is only available there), and yes, the best gear for solo content should be available for people who want to do it, it's as easy as that.

Gear is the most important stuff in the game, and without it, people leave the game.
    No, it’s your most important thing in the game. Just how my most important thing is a strong community for raiding. Gear is irrelevant to me.

I just don't understand the point. Is somebody estimating how many people are playing, based on a number some years ago?
    Just how many people do you think are playing now? I mean, it can't be more than a few million, if that. The all time high was around 12 million.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2t View Post
    Really feels like there's zero hype for this xpac.
    Honestly, I'm more hyped than I was for BfA and SL.

We get a story without Sylvanas. That's a major plus for me.
    We get a flying overhaul. Big win. We get a Class/Spec build overhaul that doesn't seem to prune 60% of the abilities we have like Legion did.
    We get no forced grind. We get a 3 dimensional world. Flying races.

It's the first expansion since MoP where we actually gain more than we will lose on the transition.

The only worry I have is the 10.0 patch. Every .0 patch of the last expansions was horrible. Legion and BfA especially, but SL was not that great either. And Dragonflight seems so unfinished yet, so yeah. I'm cautious.

Just how many people do you think are playing now? I mean, it can't be more than a few million, if that. The all time high was around 12 million.
    I dont think its possible for a mmo to reach those numbers anymore - realistically anyway. Too many different games of high quality.

Wow was unique in that no other game came even remotely close to its quality of its time.

Riot's mmo has a chance depending on how they market it and how much work they actually put into it - but that would be another unique probably.

I will pre order but at the very last moment , so when they have an officially annnounce a release date..I will preorder the day or week before

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so you say raiding is not popular?

Do you want to tell me blizzard creates a raiding game noone really wants to play?

Or is it just about gate keeping gear? Means, do you want to limit gear rewards to raiding only because you do not want to share it with others?
    People only raid cuz its the only option available. Why should anyone want to conform to othrr schedules etc when they could do single content at their time of choosing?

Raids would die out if single player option was available.

Not that I would mind.