Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Capital city Valdrakken - Any videos or screenshots?

I'm excited to learn more and see the new capital city Valdrakken, but I've searched online and YouTube and can't seem to find anything on it? Which is pretty shocking, due to the expansion coming out in 5 months, and in the past, 5 months before launch we'd have for sure seen the new main city of the expansion at this point.

Which makes me believe the December 2022 release date for Dragonflight is pure BS and Blizzard knows it. This expansion won't be out till Spring 2023, most likely April / May 2023. Or Dragonflight could make it before 2023, but the expansion will be missing features and maybe no Raids yet, and other stuff delayed, and will just be patched in later in 10.1 / 10.2.

But I would like to see the new city Valdrakken.

I love WoW been playing since November 2004, and excited for new fresh content again coming in Dragonflight, I just want too see more details.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2022-07-06 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, a thinly-veiled doomer thread.

The are no systs to balance, except the talent trees. Everything else is just quests, dungeons, raids. No thorgast, no kegendarys, no azerit, no islamd expeditions etc. Will safe a lot of time for sure.

We will get a release early/mid december, and season/raid start early/mid januarry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google is your friend. For the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I'm excited to learn more and see the new capital city Valdrakken, but I've searched online and YouTube and can't seem to find anything on it? Which is pretty shocking, due to the expansion coming out in 5 months, and in the past, 5 months before launch we'd have for sure seen the new main city of the expansion at this point.

Which makes me believe the December 2022 release date for Dragonflight is pure BS and Blizzard knows it. This expansion won't be out till Spring 2023, most likely April / May 2023. Or Dragonflight could make it before 2023, but the expansion will be missing features and maybe no Raids yet, and other stuff delayed, and will just be patched in later in 10.1 / 10.2.

But I would like to see the new city Valdrakken.

I love WoW been playing since November 2004, and excited for new fresh content again coming in Dragonflight, I just want too see more details.
    have we ever the capital shown off before beta went live? I don't think so.

Just fucking wait.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Pretty sure they've shown a couple of screenshots, but not of the whole city.

Oribos was such a let down after Boralus.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    The are no systs to balance, except the talent trees. Everything else is just quests, dungeons, raids. No thorgast, no kegendarys, no azerit, no islamd expeditions etc. Will safe a lot of time for sure.

We will get a release early/mid december, and season/raid start early/mid januarry.
    Only in wow is less content a selling point.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If i get more Dungeons/raids/Dungeons in the end of a day i take it. I really dont need Thorgast, Island Expeditions and all the other stuff, that was super boring after 2-3 Runs. Sometimes they have good ideas, but poorly developed or turned into a boring/generic grind with a new coat of paint. They should focus on an interesting open world, more raids, more dungeons and balancing. No need of thorghast, Island, Visions or bs like that.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    If i get more Dungeons/raids/Dungeons in the end of a day i take it. I really dont need Thorgast, Island Expeditions and all the other stuff, that was super boring after 2-3 Runs. Sometimes they have good ideas, but poorly developed or turned into a boring/generic grind with a new coat of paint. They should focus on an interesting open world, more raids, more dungeons and balancing. No need of thorghast, Island, Visions or bs like that.
    They aren't adding more anything. It's just less. It's still 8 dungeons, for example. It's actually less dungeons than we got in BFA, which had half the things you are saying were wastes of resources.

Blizzard has literally turned "This expansion has less content" into a selling point and you are eating it up.
    -ynnady

What a shit thread.

This thread has nothing to do with the new capital city. It's just another, "when will Dragonflight be released thread", which we have entirely too many of already.

Blizzard has literally turned "This expansion has less content" into a selling point and you are eating it up.
    Yeah, I think it's the result of people coping after incessantly bitching about things like Islands, Torghast, Visions of SW/Org, Death of Chromie, etc. All these things were really, really fun, but for some reason Blizzard adds a reward to them and people cry and act like they're being forced to do them at gun point and then complain it no longer becomes fun (see: "Torghast? More like Choregast!"). Blizzard saw this as an advantage to save money and cut a ton of content and people ATE this shit up.

I guarantee 2 months into the expansion there will be HUNDREDS of threads of people complaining that there's nothing to do in game outside of raiding. People will complain that they should have continued the Torghast model or Islands concept and just improved on them, and they'll complain Blizzard doesn't listen to their fans and that this is the death of WoW.

I love this game but I think it's time it comes to an end. Too many people are so emotionally damaged by the game that they're one bad patch away from becoming school shooters IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Yeah, I think it's the result of people coping after incessantly bitching about things like Islands, Torghast, Visions of SW/Org, Death of Chromie, etc. All these things were really, really fun, but for some reason Blizzard adds a reward to them and people cry and act like they're being forced to do them at gun point and then complain it no longer becomes fun (see: "Torghast? More like Choregast!"). Blizzard saw this as an advantage to save money and cut a ton of content and people ATE this shit up.

I guarantee 2 months into the expansion there will be HUNDREDS of threads of people complaining that there's nothing to do in game outside of raiding. People will complain that they should have continued the Torghast model or Islands concept and just improved on them, and they'll complain Blizzard doesn't listen to their fans and that this is the death of WoW.

I love this game but I think it's time it comes to an end. Too many people are so emotionally damaged by the game that they're one bad patch away from becoming school shooters IRL.
    I see both sides of this to some degree. Some of these forms of content were really fun, others were close but botched really badly in execution. Blizzard made some of them mandatory for power and combined that with needless time gating. It was a bad combination. That's why I think you hit on the real problem: Improving them. They always throws these systems in the trash and do something totally different, rather than iterating and improving. Islands could have led to a whole new form of content. Maybe we call it just Expeditions and some of them are islands but in the next expansion its caverns and the next one it's ruins or whatever. There were problems with Islands, but they could have smoothed them out and iterated, but instead they said "LETS TRY SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT".
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Which makes me believe the December 2022 release date for Dragonflight is pure BS and Blizzard knows it. This expansion won't be out till Spring 2023, most likely April / May 2023.
    If that was the plan they'd simply put "On or before June 30th, 2023" instead of "On or before December 31st, 2022". There's literally no benefit putting the earlier date out if they know they won't make it. But there's a lot of issues putting that date then not making it.

The existing screenshot look like it is a bit... much to call it a city to be honest. More like... goldshire sized

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post

Well they could habe added non power related stuff into throgast... the people would not have felt forced to do it.

Like Islands... but interesting. Islands was just PULL EVERYTHING -> bomb -> 3 minutes done.

Visions i really liked.... but again...no real rewards but you basically had to do it...

BLizz creates fun systems and then puts nearly nothing behind it except an immaterial currency everyone is annoyed at after a week.
    Why not special transmogs mounts and toys? Because they cannot force you into the gameplay loop with optional stuff and they actually have to make new stuff and not just recolor the same set again and again

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they say they release this year, then that´s when they release.

They never had significant delays until SL, and that was due to obvious reason (perfect storm combining Covid and the shit that was about to hit the fan at Blizz).

- - - Updated - - -

Anywhere it is. Much rather less in quality than more crap systems one after another

We will see ofc..

It's not even necessarily less content....

"Quality > Quantity" is not only a selling point in WoW. It's everywhere and ofc people like that

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

Thanks, the one real answer so far.
    Know of any concept art perhaps? That might satisfy the OP as well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.