Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone see irony in bliz wanting to move away from restrictions?

Not complaining I just get a kick out of it. They announce they want to move away from class/race restrictions because it feels wrong to the players fantasy or whatever then announce a exclusive race restricted to one exclusive class lmao.
    Last edited by Bandit446; 2022-07-26 at 10:20 AM.

On a surface level, yes. I totally get, why other races can't be Evokers (yet) timeline wise, but i think, Dracthyr being able to be other classes should be something that should have happened. But i can totally see Blizzard changing that maybe at the end of the expansion opening up Evoker to other races and Dracthyr to other classes.

The only way they need to "move away" from class restrictions is by adding class skins.
    It will never make sense for certain races to do certain things. Draenei will never normally be Warlocks, but if you would give them an arcane re-skin under a new name, it now makes sense. Or, redeemed Man'ari being playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    On a surface level, yes. I totally get, why other races can't be Evokers (yet) timeline wise, but I think, Dracthyr being able to be other classes should be something that should have happened. But I can totally see Blizzard changing that, maybe at the end of the expansion opening up Evoker to other races and Dracthyr to other classes.
    But that would require an overhaul of the Dracthyr racial abilities, they are just to OP on some Classes, so I don't expect it to happen, even I would like to be a Dracthyr Shaman, Rogue, Mage, Hunter and so on...

Nothing to do with lore, nothing to do with anything than the time and resources required to make the animations/fluidity for all classes from scratch.

You complain about having recolors of tiers/mounts and cant figure this part out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    But that would require an overhaul of the Dracthyr racial abilities, they are just to OP on some Classes, so I don't expect it to happen, even I would like to be a Dracthyr Shaman, Rogue, Mage, Hunter and so on...
    of course there had to be some adjustments, but that shouldn't be a limiting factor imho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Nothing to do with lore, nothing to do with anything than the time and resources required to make the animations/fluidity for all classes from scratch.

You complain about having recolors of tiers/mounts and cant figure this part out?
    Who you talking to?

I don't mind only one race being able to play evoker. We have that with DH also. ANd it fits both.

But i don't like that Drakthyr ONLY play evoker... granted it would be weird for a Drakthyr to play a rouge and then just.... ignoring the facte that he can basically breath fire and fly which is not a class thing and just biological....

So how do you make a drakthyr rouge without making him better at being a rouge than any other class. Rip out his wings and bind his mouth?

On a surface level, yes. I totally get, why other races can't be Evokers (yet) timeline wise, but i think, Dracthyr being able to be other classes should be something that should have happened. But i can totally see Blizzard changing that maybe at the end of the expansion opening up Evoker to other races and Dracthyr to other classes.
    10.1 or 10.2 we will likely get the starting zone added as a questing zone. Maybe then we'll get additional classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit446 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Who you talking to?
    The forum in general, you made the post, they are gonna respond random things apart from the obvious, cost to create animations for multiple classes is the only reason there arent any extra yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they actually were moving away from restrictions why can I not be a Pandaren druid?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think other races will ever be Evokers. Not being a Dractyr would be weird with the many custom casting animations that turn you into a dragon. There is a chance if the community keeps asking for it that the visage-form gets a body 3 in which we are able to select any other race but without all the extra dragon-flavor customization options. That way Evoker could be seen as an every race class.

If a magical dragon with loads of attackpower (and created by Deathwing) enters Stormwind looking like a human or other familiar race. I would not trust it. Having some visual differences would make me feel more at easy. In time, after their intent has been proven I would care less if it looks like a familiar race.

Maybe next expansion give the visage the freedom to look like any race?

I can see Dractyr Shaman and Hunter happening at some point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    If they actually were moving away from restrictions why can I not be a Pandaren druid?
    Because they need to create several Pandaren druid form models which they have not done yet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Got no issues with Evokers only being Dracthyr. Evokers use the magic of dragons because they ARE dragons (or made from their essences, at least). Even then, lorewise, not every Dracthyr is an Evoker; they are "the elite soldiers", as is described in the introduction questline.

I assume that, at some point, Dracthyr will be able to become other classes as they acclimate to the culture of the other races. Pandaren were able to teach every race how to become monks, so the inverse is also possible: for every class trainer to be able to teach the Dracthyr.

It's pretty obvious they made Dracthyr evokers the way they are because their model incorporates itself into the animations the class has. Not really the route I would've taken with them but hey, I'm not the game designer so I'll reserve my judgment for when they're released.

That being said I think that comment was more in regard to ordinary classes and DKs, because I don't really see us getting gnome demon hunters any time soon.

If u think they are running away from restrictions u just need to take a good look at professions in DF

The only thing I can understand about this complaint is that they don’t have more visage forms of other races. Besides that the complaints about wanting the actual class available to other races make no sense to me. The class is literally made around the fact that they are dracthyr. Like if they were to make a class centered around being a dreadlord, I wouldn’t be asking for a human to have the dreadlord class

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they just need to make Drakonids playable. Give people their beefy dragonman tank fantasy without compromising the Dracthyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Because they need to create several Pandaren druid form models which they have not done yet.
    Well yes, obviously. It was an attempt at a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    you will, eventualy
    they literaly said they want to make every race/class combo possible, but some requires more work and some new lore to make at least a bit of sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    It will never make sense for certain races to do certain things. Draenei will never normally be Warlocks
    why not? bcs demons destroyed their original culture? its not like other races never fought demons, or like if warlocks are well liked or respected - in SW their trainer is (or at last was last time i was there) in a cellar of a tavern, while "regular" mages have their tower...
    it makes sense why warlock would not be popular among drenei (its not among any other race afaik) but it makes zero sense that no individual of the race would ever try to use that power...