Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What after WotLK classic

Cata or perhaps some kind of spin on classic with bigger changes that SoM?

WoW Classic HD

or just a totally new spin-off that follows the WarCraft II timeline instead

You'll get cata, the first playable "classic" expo...

Honestly i hoped for something like SoM... but they released it like 4 years too early so i will most likely quit forever.

It's there last bullet, RIP after

I hope they focus more on the season format and I hope that they add some class tuning and maybe even small bits of new content.

With cata and all the newer expansions: I'd like to play some of that content again, but I'd rather want them to do more with the timewalking tech on retail rather than re-releasing those expacs separately.

I'd be surprised if they decided to go straight to MoP and Legion. There doesn't seem to be enough demand for Cata and WoD. I'd much rather have either Classic+ or WotLK+

It will be such a success that Blizzard will double down with the next retail expansion, morphing the game back to a WOTLK style experience and bringing balance to the force.

Not really though, I suspect we'll see cata classic, but it'll be a bust.

There won't be anymore classic launches after Wrath. TBC classic servers fell after the initial wave of interest. Wrath will have even less interest in it. Interest in Cata classic? Laughable.

Cata Classic without the LFD/LFR for the majority and eternally restarting SoM WotLK servers for the weird players who want to fuck off in Wrath for the rest of their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since blizzard already have been unconsensual with the timelines(Looking at you, WoD) - I wouldn't mind if they did a new branch-off from wotlk and did a new xpac. To continue as if cata, mop and further xpacs would never be set to happen but instead explore other aspects and places on azeroth. They have said "we have only seen one side of azeroth" in terms of geography, so what if we branch off and explore the other side of the world?

Fact is: They have tons of materiale they can expand on in a major or even a minor way to not only keep players engaged, but add more flavor to retail(think of it as a spinoff story happening at the same time as retail, just without the focused retail-events).

But to round off: I think they also do well in just stopping after wotlk. Ending on a high note.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There won't be anymore classic launches after Wrath. TBC classic servers fell after the initial wave of interest. Wrath will have even less interest in it. Interest in Cata classic? Laughable.
    Blizzard as already soft confirmed that there will be something past Cata.

Nevermind that all this talk about TBC is dead is just plain false.

cata classic would have a minor level of interest because the first tier was pretty solid. beyond that it will be 100% dead.

can you imagine re-living the dragon soul patch? lol.

probably the best thing they could do is skip cata, boost everyone to 85 and do MoP classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Blizzard as already soft confirmed that there will be something past Cata.

Nevermind that all this talk about TBC is dead is just plain false.
    I think you mean past WotLK. They've never confirmed there will be a Cataclysm Classic. And quite honestly, Cataclysm without the revamped leveling experience would illustrate the major flaws with that expansion. I think it would be a bad idea anyway.

Past Wrath the people who want to play on legacy servers are very fragmented. So I think if they do ever release them, I think they will all just come out at once. People can just migrate to whatever expansion they want to replay again.

The number of people who seem to think Blizzard would just skip an expansion in this thread is frankly astonishing. You guys do realize that it's only on forums where people unironically claim Cataclysm punted a pack of newborn puppies directly into the Grand Canyon and that it spends the rest of its time moonlighting as a child molester, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think you mean past WotLK. They've never confirmed there will be a Cataclysm Classic. And quite honestly, Cataclysm without the revamped leveling experience would illustrate the major flaws with that expansion. I think it would be a bad idea anyway.

Past Wrath the people who want to play on legacy servers are very fragmented. So I think if they do ever release them, I think they will all just come out at once. People can just migrate to whatever expansion they want to replay again.
    Blizzard is lazy and I cannot see them releasing multiple expansions worth of Legacy realms at the same time. Also, if they give players the ability to fuck off on SoM WotLK servers there's no need for them to undo Cata's revamped leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Blizzard is lazy and I cannot see them releasing multiple expansions worth of Legacy realms at the same time. Also, if they give players the ability to fuck off on SoM WotLK servers there's no need for them to undo Cata's revamped leveling experience.
    I doubt its any more work than developing Vanilla Classic was in the first place or upkeeping new seasons every 12 months.

Knowing the DR on each new iteration of Classic expansions, I can't see them waiting 2 years every go through every expansion. But who knows, a lot of people including myself said they would never do Classic in the first place so maybe they will try something new entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I doubt its any more work than developing Vanilla Classic was in the first place or upkeeping new seasons every 12 months.

Knowing the DR on each new iteration of Classic expansions, I can't see them waiting 2 years every go through every expansion. But who knows, a lot of people including myself said they would never do Classic in the first place so maybe they will try something new entirely.
    I was one of those people, too. I still have a thousand or so posts in the old Classic megathread. My opposition to Classic was that it'd fragment the playerbase and make them actively antagonistic toward one another. I felt like Classic would be better served as a parting gift once they shuttered the retail game because the last thing the game needs is more reasons for its players to hate one another. But... Blizzard clearly disagreed and now that what I predicted has happened, I'm fairly ambivalent towards the effects of fragmenting the playerbase further. (This time it'll be between REAL Classic fans who only play on WotLK and the "casual" Classic fans who dare to want their characters to progress to the next expansion.)

Cata isn’t happening I could see some different SoM styles for sure. And who knows let’s cross our fingers maybe for some new content.

Cata is a no tho

Personallly I think this would be the time to start with #MoreChanges. Make Cata what I could have been and then after start adding in content that was cut into expacs.

Ion hinted that with Cata they're open to changing a lot of things. They're prepping us already with Wrath and #SomeChanges. I think Cata will be #majorchanges.

The main things people hated about Cata can be easily fixed.

Dungeons too hard? Make them easy.

Last raid sucked? Make it last 2 months before we go straight into MoP.

Don't like underwater questing? Don't quest there.

Other than that, Cata was a solid expansion.