Race change?(im new)

So I just started the free trial and slowly making my way to 60 and like the game. Is there a race change option cause the race I wanted to play isn’t available in free trials and locked by xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get a free fantasia potion at 50 that allows a single use race change when you complete the main scenario story of 2.0, but otherwise you cannot do that while on the free trial.

The mogstation doesn't let you buy microtransactions when on the free trial, and you need to buy the base game + endwalker as of now if you want to become a Viera or a Hrothgar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozari View Post
    So I just started the free trial and slowly making my way to 60 and like the game. Is there a race change option cause the race I wanted to play isn’t available in free trials and locked by xpack.
    There is a cash shop item, mentioned by Zealo Fantasia.

While free trail you don't get the free ones. However, once you buy the game, get the collectors. You'll get 3. 1 for level beating 2.0, and 2 from the ARR & Heavensward expansions. Plus all the other bonuses. With fantasia being $10us, and getting them on all characters made, it becomes well worth the collectors edition.

---
    Edit: They might have removed the ARR fantasia, as the current Collectors edition doesn't mention that one, it does mention the Heavensward one though. Still worth it ... but I would think longer about it now.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2023-07-27 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    There is a cash shop item, mentioned by Zealo Fantasia.

While free trail you don't get the free ones. However, once you buy the game, get the collectors. You'll get 3. 1 for level beating 2.0, and 2 from the ARR & Heavensward expansions. Plus all the other bonuses. With fantasia being $10us, and getting them on all characters made, it becomes well worth the collectors edition.

---
    Edit: They might have removed the ARR fantasia, as the current Collectors edition doesn't mention that one, it does mention the Heavensward one though. Still worth it ... but I would think longer about it now.
    I started last year un august and I got the fantasia when finishing ARR, but it was before endwalker was out, so it may have changed since then

at worse, if you have the vial to change race, wait until you have finished everything you want to do in the free trial, then when you upgrade and the race you want becomes available, use it at that moment.
    if you don't a vial by the time you finished the 2 parts of the "A Realm Reborn" story (that mean, having the "end game, credits rolling" twice) and properly start Heavensward, then you may be forced to buy one on the cash shop, but they are not that expensive (compared to wow, most FF14 price are much lower)

enjoy the game, take your time to smell the roses