15+ Year Old Account

Extending USB cable

Hi,

Got a question in regards to extending a 1.8M(6ft) cable from my Logitech G923 racing wheel/pedal.
    I want to get a 2m(6,5ft) extension.
    Do I need an active USB extension for that or does extending it with an active only matter if its about data throughput (which I doubt it uses)?
    Or is it fine to just extend it with a passive one?

Cheers
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I use a couple dumb 3m (10ft) USB cables to connect external HDDs, works just fine.

Googling around it seems that for USB 3.0 and 3.1 you can go up to 2.7m without degradation, though quality of cable can allow you to go beyond that before you notice anything.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    So if I want a total of the included 1.8m + 2m extension I should go with active, not cos of the data throughput but cos of the total length of 3.8m?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I would just try out some cheap passive chinese 2m extension from ebay, I'd wager there's a 90% chance it works just fine for your controller.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So if I want a total of the included 1.8m + 2m extension I should go with active, not cos of the data throughput but cos of the total length of 3.8m?
    No - the device is USB2.0, so just get a 3M USB2.0 extension and you'll be fine.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7