Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonriding old drake mounts?

The old models are getting the new animations, right? Specifically the ones that share a skeleton with the new dragon mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The old models are getting the new animations, right? Specifically the ones that share a skeleton with the new dragon mounts?
    Happy to be wrong about this but no, I don't believe any old mounts get the fancy new shit at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Noooope. NO updates to any of the old mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Noooope. NO updates to any of the old mounts.
    ...at least not immediately. Time will tell if they go back and add it for the old mounts. If Dragonriding gets carried into the next expansion it stands to reason they may look into it.

I would be very disappointed if the new form of riding does not get taken into the future. Let us enjoy the custom dragon we can make then after dragonflight let us add the drake we make into a mount and let us keep the mechanics with all our flying mounts. Otherwise its just another expac feature that gets forgotten and I'd be very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I would be very disappointed if the new form of riding does not get taken into the future. Let us enjoy the custom dragon we can make then after dragonflight let us add the drake we make into a mount and let us keep the mechanics with all our flying mounts. Otherwise its just another expac feature that gets forgotten and I'd be very sad.
    Introducing cool new ideas and throwing them away come the next expansion is WoW's shtick. We'll be lucky if Dragonriding is expanded in the patch content with new models and customizations.

I believe Ion stated in an interview that they're awaiting the broad feedback of live to determine the future of Dragon riding.

If it's popular enough, they want to expand it to the entire roster of mounts where it makes sense, which will initially be mounts that share the animation rig of the 4 dragon riding models.

In other words, drakes, proto-drakes, wyverns and pterodactyls.

I imagine some would need more work than others to implement outside of the original models. Take the engineering helicopter mount for instance. It's not really compatible with the sort of animations required for this.

Or how about all the mounts that don't have flying animations but simply run in the air like the Headless Horseman's charger?
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-07-26 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Introducing cool new ideas and throwing them away come the next expansion is WoW's shtick. We'll be lucky if Dragonriding is expanded in the patch content with new models and customizations.
    it could just be a toggle/option thing later,apease both sides,but personaly i wish flyign never happened and dragonriding was its first iteration

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ...at least not immediately. Time will tell if they go back and add it for the old mounts. If Dragonriding gets carried into the next expansion it stands to reason they may look into it.
    If they decide that people prefer this over regular flying I could see this being rolled forward as a flying revamp and or an option to allow people to use this for their flying.

Im really hoping this isn't the case. From what we've seen so far the dragons for the dragon riding will use the skeletons from more than just the drake mounts. It is possible that we could see it applied to most of them during this expansion. Things like the Pterosaurs will already work with this. It is honestly up to Blizzard, their track record isn't good on things like this. But I will hope.

Ts a gimmick they are going to drop and never do again once people get frustrated and want old flying back. It's an annoying middle ground no one wants like the travel toys.

I have a feeling that they are waiting to see the reception of dragon riding to see if they want to transfer the system to old mounts.

What cool new ideas were thrown out other than mage tower?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

They absolutely should. I'd love to Dragonride my Obsidian Warder on my Obsidian Worldbreaker.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2022-07-26 at 04:53 AM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably depends on player reaction, no sense updating old mounts before they if players like the feature.

Bold to assume that an expansion fearure that is limited to one continent would stick around afterwards.

I'm guessing they will first want to assess how it's received. If people are happy with it and like it a lot, they will probably expand it to more dragon mounts and outside of Dragon Isles.
    If not, well ..there's plenty of continents filled with shit features, what's 1 more
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-07-26 at 07:15 AM.

I think they will at least think about it. For how the feature is being built up, it seems it's something they want to carry on. I know it happened already with Legion/BfA/SL but i don't think you can simply remove it without any issues.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Big expansion features usually dont carry over in wow.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Nope, they are not.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann