Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    The only way to make proffs relevant is to give them great rewards. Rewards that should require work to obtain. Rewards that will be popular in demand. Meaning, its going to be a cryfest when certain items will be "unbalanced" compared to the rest.

Wow has been a victim of a neverending cryfest about balancing out everything to the point were everything plays, looks and feels the same. Proffessions were badly affected by it to the point they have been worthless for years.

Imagine if BS crafters gets items that are BIS and soulbound. let the cryfest begin.

Another 5 pages of back and forth, people wanting Mythic gear for mining for 2 hours and people telling them they are crazy.

The crafting system is just a bad luck protection system that follows the content you do.

You dont do shit? Normal Gear.

You raid HC? Heroic crafting gear.

You raid Mythic? Mythic crafting gear.

Game was and will always be about defeating the big bad in a raiding environment in order to gear chase, if thats not what you want out of the game, unsub and stop spamming same threads over and over as to why Blizzard must give you free gear because you are now older and other games scam the shit out of you with subbing months to a year to get irrelevant pixels.

In easier to understand words, the system is there, for when its the 4th week of progression of RAIDING, and you still havent gotten the important piece of equipment to make life easier, you craft it until the better one drops.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-08-18 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Crafters can make crafting gear, as in gear which makes their crafting better. It even displays on their character while crafting!

The instant you add "decent gear" to crafting, crafting becomes a mandatory system that basically every one must engage with, and that screws things over for people who actually WANT to do crafting.
    Trick is that the "Mandatory system! WAAAAHH!" only ever is an issue for raiders...

I'm not saying it should be fast (Like one guy said: "2 hours of gathering", give my regards to Mr Strawman!), or BiS mythic-level stuff, but give professions something to work towards that isn't gear for other people or "I can now craft even better"-gear.

Back in "The old days"(tm), i enjoyed gathering materials for my warrior's "Lionheart executioner" (When they put Nether vortex on badge vendor, anyway), or the "Robe of the void" my warlock crafted, i even did the "Breastplate of the chromatic flight"-chain, it was a lot of work, the rewards were good but not "BIS! MUST HAVE NOW!", but it was fun, and it gave me something that made me think "I made that, and it was worth the trouble".

Crafting has fallen off into uselessness about two months into the expansion for the past few expansions, and if Blizz want to make crafting something people engage in for longer than that, they need to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Back in "The old days"(tm), i enjoyed gathering materials for my warrior's "Lionheart executioner" (When they put Nether vortex on badge vendor, anyway), or the "Robe of the void" my warlock crafted, i even did the "Breastplate of the chromatic flight"-chain, it was a lot of work, the rewards were good but not "BIS! MUST HAVE NOW!", but it was fun, and it gave me something that made me think "I made that, and it was worth the trouble".
    People need to stop comparing things before MoP.

Crafting was useless 2 months into TBC apart from Alchemy for flasks and pot procs , you just didnt know better, and crafting them when Nether Vortex came to the vendors was also a waste of time since you could get items much faster from freebie PvP if you didnt raid.

Professions were always useless apart from Alchemy and procs since the beginning of WoW, we were just bad, they attempted to make some things relevant with gems and recipes and similar things but usually it was irrelevant items, or 0.5% gain cause of tri-sockets and things like that, for the raiders or FROM the raiders.

Nothing has really changed in the core gameplay since the start, but people magically make nostalgia procs.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-08-18 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Another 5 pages of back and forth, people wanting Mythic gear for mining for 2 hours and people telling them they are crazy.
    Holy mother of strawmans batman. "mining for 2 hours"