Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The injury argument would suggest the only reason it's even been close is because De Bruyne and Haaland spent a lot of time out injured.

End of the day, if Liverpool drop any more points, they will get called bottlers, hell they'll likely get called it anyway unless they can turn around the result in Atalanta since they'll have gone from challenging for a treble to nothing in a month.

In other news, United women finally beat Chelsea and are on to the FA Cup final.
    I don’t think any team ‘bottled’ anything. It’s a difficult League. Staying in it for this long is still great for the respective fans. Liverpool probably a bit more so? Purely because their squad really didn’t look like even getting top 4 at the start of the season, and on paper is still not amazing. Arsenal have spent more than City in recent times, so don’t really have any excuse. They just need to keep building and going from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    The Timber injury was rough though. And he looked great that game. It was only 45 minutes or whatever but that looked like a missing piece in the puzzle but extremely unlucky with such a serious injury and maybe he never gets back to that level again. He probably should have started Tomiyasu or Kiwior today but I think Havertz in midfield and Jesus in attack was a big blow because he kneecapped 2 of his positions right there. Jorginho or Partey instead of Havertz and Havertz instead of Jesus and it looks a lot better.

But with a very important CL fixture in a few days you also cant top out your best team in every game, you do need to rotate.
    By that logic, Newcastle should feel immensely hard done by - considering they went from 4th to 6th and have been smacked by teams quite a lot too. They’ve had more than just 1 player injured. Lots more.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2024-04-14 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDongKing View Post
    I don’t think any team ‘bottled’ anything. It’s a difficult League. Staying in it for this long is still great for the respective fans. Liverpool probably a bit more so? Purely because their squad really didn’t look like even getting top 4 at the start of the season, and on paper is still not amazing. Arsenal have spent more than City in recent times, so don’t really have any excuse. They just need to keep building and going from there.
    Probably too early to call it bottling for sure, but if those teams go on to drop points or lose most of the rest of their matches then bottling is kinda what you're looking at. That said, Liverpool have had a lot of injuries too and had to bring in a lot of youth for cover.

Probably too early to call it bottling for sure, but if those teams go on to drop points or lose most of the rest of their matches then bottling is kinda what you're looking at. That said, Liverpool have had a lot of injuries too and had to bring in a lot of youth for cover.
    I dunno, I’m just more tolerant of it because I know adversely burnout can impact any performance driven role. It’s not easy at all. Yes, they get paid a lot. But it’s a very real thing. By virtue of City having such a depth of talent, they can mitigate burnout. Especially given how ruthless Pep is with his recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Yep.

If Arsenal win today it's a 2 horse race.
    Looks like it is a two horse race.

Man city vs the man in the mirror

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Zinchenko is obviously awful but our first choice left back tore his ACL 45 minutes in to the season.
    awww diddums, want a cookie with all that whine?

Newcastle has set the record this season for 'most days missed through injury' in premier league history, meaning no other team in the 30+ year history of the league being around has had worse injuries than NUFC this season, yet there's always some whopper who comes out crying about a single injury causing the downfall of their season, grow up, that's what you have a squad for; if the players Arteta has brought in as replacements in that position aren't good enough, that's on him and the recruitment team and should be called out.

Arteta has yet to prove he is capable of handling the rigours of a full domestic campaign with the demands of a full European campaign alongside and has shown in some matches this season he is clueless when it comes to game management/tactics, yet you still give him a pass for it and don't call it out, it boggles my mind how much arsenal fans worship this pep acolyte despite him not having done much of anything with the vast sums of money spent so far, no return on investment.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    snip
    Nobody cares about Newcastle. Never have been relevant, never will be relevant
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cares about Newcastle. Never have been relevant, never will be relevant
    Newcastle were bottling the premier league before arsenal even knew what it meant to do so, stop projecting.

for reference, with some data tracking if we hadn't had the utterly ridiculous level of injuries this season we would have been challenging for the league ahead of man city, so pipe the fuck down and reel your neck in.

for reference, with some data tracking if we hadn't had the utterly ridiculous level of injuries this season we would have been challenging for the league ahead of man city, so pipe the fuck down and reel your neck in.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

See this is why you're not blocked. You're stupid as hell, but fuck me you're funny.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    data tracking champions 2023/24 you'll never sing that!!!

football: the beautiful game

10+ Year Old Account
    Chelsea gonna finish above us at this rate.

Chelsea gonna finish above us at this rate.
    Cole palmer for utd manager job then obviously

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Obviously! I would take him over Rashy for sure. I would also give Martial and Sancho with him as a bonus bundle, maybe even Mount, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who we betting on going through tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Obviously! I would take him over Rashy for sure. I would also give Martial and Sancho with him as a bonus bundle, maybe even Mount, too.
    Throw in varane, casemiro and Anthony.

Varane and casemiro because they went from among the best players in the world to using utd as an end of career world tour and filling up on chips and gravy in Manchester before whatever version of meat and rice they eat in Saudi.

And Anthony who has the arrogance of an Brazilian footballer and the skills of a Scottish one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah, 20 year contract for Ten Hag, he just needs time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Who we betting on going through tonight?
    Barca and Atleti, not even a contest.

Tomorrow Munich and Madrid, and we kiss that coefficient place goodbye.

Nah, 20 year contract for Ten Hag, he just needs time.
    Yeah because utds problems are really just limited to the manager. May as well play musical chairs as no one will make it a success as it turns grown successful rational men into a mess like ralfnick saying the club needed open heart surgery or ole looking like he's gonna cry every post match interview

PSG vs Barca always seems to deliver

- - - Updated - - -

Barca and Atleti, not even a contest.
    Im hoping you didnt put bets on these lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    PSG vs Barca always seems to deliver

- - - Updated - - -

Im hoping you didnt put bets on these lol
    This is why I don’t bet

Barca putting in exactly the performance I was expecting from PSG.

Dortmund what the hell, Im watching the Barca game but I feel like Im really missing out on the good stuff . Maybe should swap as this tie is over anyway