Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd happily embrace dracthyr gaining access to different classes either late into Dragonflight's lifetime or in the expansion afterward. I don't see any problem with that. Other races gaining access to evokers, on the other hand, I don't know if I'd really be all that into, unless it was done in a way that basically says "Lorewise, you're still actually a dracthyr, but for gameplay reasons, you are considered <race> instead, even though it's just your visage form." And even then, I dunno if it'd really sit too well.

I would be totally fine if hero classes like demon hunters and dracthyr retained some amount of exclusivity and aren't just spread around to all the races. Despite what Blizzard's sentiments might be, and despite how much freedom it would likely give players who want to play whatever they want as whoever they want, I don't really think it's necessary to give everything to every race, even with a little text box or a quest chain explaining how it totally absolutely makes sense. The basic, mundane classes, sure, flexibility where it's sensible to give it. I don't think hero classes should be all that flexible. Especially not one so intrinsically tied to its parent race as evokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Exactly how would it make it another DH???

DH is only.in meta for, well, meta and for eye beam and death from above....

Evokers would prob be all dragon like for most of their abilities....

You guys ain't really constructively criticizing, just basically saying "no" because it ruins you're narrow-minded view of what an evoker can be.
    Im just telling you how it is, your idea sucked to be quite honest, Dracthyr are fine as they are if you dont want the dragon part of the parcel theres several other classes/races you can play already, stop being a whiny child and throwing your toys out of the pram because it doesnt meet your standards.

Who's whining? Im giving ideas as to how other races could possibly be evokers some years from now....

You the one who came in hostile. Did someone shit in your cereal this morning? You have a better idea then be my guest.

But having it stay the way it is forever is not good for for the longevity of the game.

I mean it makes sense from a story perspective.

The dracthyr have been fighting side by side with their new allies for years. It'd be natural that'd they'd pass down their skills to each other after a while.

The fact that you guys don't see that is beyond me.

Who's whining? Im giving ideas as to how other races could possibly be evokers some years from now....

You the one who came in hostile. Did someone shit in your cereal this morning? You have a better idea then be my guest.

But having it stay the way it is forever is not good for for the longevity of the game.

I mean it makes sense from a story perspective.

The dracthyr have been fighting side by side with their new allies for years. It'd be natural that'd they'd pass down their skills to each other after a while.

The fact that you guys don't see that is beyond me.
    While I believe the Dracthyr will be opened up to classes in the future, there's no chance it will happen at all during DF and tbh it could just be another case of DH.

I was just saying your idea was bad I wasnt being hostile, having Evoker reduced to DH 2.0 would suck tbqh, Evoker should stay as just a Dracthyr class and maybe Blizz should add more visage forms to help people feel more complete with their evoker.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-08-11 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    While I believe the Dracthyr will be opened up to classes in the future, there's no chance it will happen at all during DF and tbh it could just be another case of DH.

I was just saying your idea was bad I wasnt being hostile, having Evoker reduced to DH 2.0 would suck tbqh, Evoker should stay as just a Dracthyr class and maybe Blizz should add more visage forms to help people feel more complete with their evoker.
    To be clear I am not expecting dracthyr classes, let alone more evoker races to happen within DFs timespan .

This is all down the road when its appropriate.

Teriz on the other hand is saying that it should never ever happen and that they'll never stagnate in their own shit like pandas did because their just "so cool" and will never get old due to said coolness.

I mean i doubt anyone ever believed we'd get tauren rogues back in 2004 and now 18 years later we get tauren rogues and mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teriz on the other hand is saying that it should never ever happen and that they'll never stagnate in their own shit like pandas did because their just "so cool" and will never get old due to said coolness.
    Pretty much. They're a dragon race/class, and since dragons are cool by default, the class is cool by default. In addition, moving forward from DF, Blizzard has massive opportunities to expand the concept within the confines of dragons. For example, we could get a third spec that expands on the Black Dragonflight, we could get a third spec that deals with the Void/Old god corruption. We're definitely going to be getting more HotS-based abilities like Blessing of the Red and Cataclysm in the future. Also as the technology improves, we'll get even more options for the Visage and Dragon forms.

In short, the chances of the DE stagnating is close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Pretty much. They're a dragon race/class, and since dragons are cool by default, the class is cool by default. In addition, moving forward from DF, Blizzard has massive opportunities to expand the concept within the confines of dragons. For example, we could get a third spec that expands on the Black Dragonflight, we could get a third spec that deals with the Void/Old god corruption. We're definitely going to be getting more HotS-based abilities like Blessing of the Red and Cataclysm in the future. Also as the technology improves, we'll get even more options for the Visage and Dragon forms.

In short, the chances of the DE stagnating is close to zero.
    That just wishful thinking based on your own biases. Not everyone feels like you and more players want dracthyr to be more classes.

Players like freedom to express themselves, reasonably of course. Remember this an RPG.... Ok it's very anti RPG having one 1 race and class exclusive to each other.

Also I agree that dragons are awesome, and it's my favorite aspect of warcraft lore. Doesn't mean it gets old after too much. You feel that way now since they're brand spankng new. But it's normal to loose interest in something after a while.

I mean DKs we're awesome when they came out. First new class of wow and a reflection of arguably the most popular warcraft character. Eventually the hype fizzled out.

Imagine if druids stayed as nelves and tauren only with all the races and ARs we have now. How lame would that be.

You telling me that dracthyr and evokers being exclusive to each other isn't gonna get old to the majority of the player base after 2 or more expansions....

Plus, for the millionth time. The edicts have already layed the seeds for more dracthyr classes you can't deny that simply because of the armor.nonsense. I'll just keep mentioning the orc in the loin cloth, which you've yet to acknowledge.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-11 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That just wishful thinking based on your own biases. Not everyone feels like you and more players want dracthyr to be more classes.

Players like freedom to express themselves, reasonably of course. Remember this an RPG.... Ok it's very anti RPG having one 1 race and class exclusive to each other.
    I'm sure more players want more options. Not my point though. My point is that Dracthyr being exclusive to Evokers won't stagnate the race or concept.

Also I agree that dragons are awesome, and it's my favorite aspect of warcraft lore. Doesn't mean it gets old after too much. You feel that way now since they're brand spankng new. But it's normal to loose interest in something after a while.
    Dragons won't get old though. No other game allows you to literally play as a dragon that can zip over the world with their wings and breathe fiery death on enemies.

I mean DKs we're awesome when they came out. First new class of wow and a reflection of arguably the most popular warcraft character. Eventually the hype fizzled out.
    Dragons have far more appeal than undead knights.

Imagine if druids stayed as nelves and tauren only with all the races and ARs we have now. How lame would that be.
    Druids have been the most popular class in the game despite them having the fewest racial options. A player starting WoW can only choose from 4 Druid races.

You telling me that dracthyr and evokers being exclusive to each other isn't gonna get old to the majority of the player base after 2 or more expansions....
    Nope, because there's plenty of draconic lore to explore. DE's have the entire lore of the dragonflights, the aspects, Dragon Isles, and the Primals (Galakrond) all to themselves.

I'm sure more players want more options. Not my point though. My point is that Dracthyr being exclusive to Evokers won't stagnate the race or concept.

Dragons won't get old though. No other game allows you to literally play as a dragon that can zip over the world with their wings and breathe fiery death on enemies.

Dragons have far more appeal than undead knights.

Druids have been the most popular class in the game despite them having the fewest racial options. A player starting WoW can only choose from 4 Druid races.

Nope, because there's plenty of draconic lore to explore. DE's have the entire lore of the dragonflights, the aspects, Dragon Isles, and the Primals (Galakrond) all to themselves.
    The definition of stagnate is to cease to develop....

You got a group of dracthyr who aren't evokers yet are now aligned with mortals who can teach them 12 other classes and for metzen knows why they don't?????

That's like textbook stagnation.

I'm pretty sure paladins we're the most popular class or hunters, I could be wrong. But saying dragons have more appeal than undead is completely subjective man come.on....

All this draconic lore is gonna mostly be exhausted in DF. Once it's done the dracthyr need to push beyond the dragon isles, beyond their legacy with deathwing, beyond the evoker, Again, if not then their gonna have little.to no relevancy in future conflicts.

They're still going to be dragons, just more to them than when they first reemerged.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-11 at 06:51 PM.

The game is becoming stagnant
    Cata was 10 years
    We need new blood

All the teased legion race/class combos

All cities updated, w/ SMC and Azuremyst zones being completely rebuilt

Add all the old portals back

A character creation overhaul, no more same face

Stagnation isn't to skip dracthyr just because dragons are cool
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I thought about Dracthyr DHs having altered animations, like instead of metamorphosis having Dragon form instead and spells having draconic theme... It would be really cool.

I really hope some more controversial race/class combos will include special stuff like that.
    But as far as we know, Dracthyr haven’t sacrificed everything yet

10+ Year Old Account
    The definition of stagnate is to cease to develop....
    As I said, they'll develop and evolve just fine within the rich draconic lore that exists in WC. They don't need to branch off to other classes to avoid stagnation.

I'm pretty sure paladins we're the most popular class or hunters, I could be wrong. But saying dragons have more appeal than undead is completely subjective man come.on....
    Nope it's Druids;

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

And yes, Dragons have FAR more universal appeal than the undead.

As I said, they'll develop and evolve just fine within the rich draconic lore that exists in WC. They don't need to branch off to other classes to avoid stagnation.

Nope it's Druids;

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

And yes, Dragons have FAR more universal appeal than the undead.
    You mean the lore that will be front a center in the same expansion they're being introduced in....

After cata and now this, the dragons are done man.

They do anymore there's gonna be dragon exhaustion.

What else is there? Help get the aspects their power back. Save dragonkind. That's it. At most they'll get a heritage quest line. But after we need something to keep them fresh

Because once again.....

Not. All. Dracthyr. Are. Evokers

Which means that evokers from the obsidian wardens and dark talons are going to be learning from the mortals they fight side by side in.

You can't comment on that cuz it's fool proof.

And unless you got empirical data that proves dragons are more popular than undead then your comment is just subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the lore that will be front a center in the same expansion they're being introduced in....

After cata and now this, the dragons are done man.
    Doubtful, considering that the draconic characters like Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, and Chromie are always going to be around. Also of course the Dracthyr Evokers will be permanent additions to the game as well.

You can't comment on that cuz it's fool proof.
    I have zero desire to comment on it because its pointless. Even if it happens, we're talking years from now, so who cares? We have a dragon race/class now. That's what's relevant, not your silly little fantasies of what might happen.

And unless you got empirical data that proves dragons are more popular than undead then your comment is just subjective.
    Look up any list of top fantasy races. Dragons are always on there, while in many lists undead aren't even mentioned. In terms of fantasy, dragons are a staple. There's a reason they called the origin of all this fantasy game stuff Dungeons and Dragons.

Doubtful, considering that the draconic characters like Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, and Chromie are always going to be around. Also of course the Dracthyr Evokers will be permanent additions to the game as well.

I have zero desire to comment on it because its pointless. Even if it happens, we're talking years from now, so who cares? We have a dragon race/class now. That's what's relevant, not your silly little fantasies of what might happen.

Look up any list of top fantasy races. Dragons are always on there, while in many lists undead aren't even mentioned. In terms of fantasy, dragons are a staple. There's a reason they called the origin of all this fantasy game stuff Dungeons and Dragons.
    Never said they're going away just that this is most likely their last time being front and center.

Aha, got you! So you semi admit it.

Papi, I ain't saying it's gonna happen in DF or maybe even 11.0

I'm saying that it will EVENTUALLY happen.

You can't have classless dracthyr existing forever. What use do they have for the horde and alliance except holding a carrot on a stick to players who wanna play a different class on a dracthyr.

y'all are arguing with a scaly

exercise in futility

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said they're going away just that this is most likely their last time being front and center.
    Which doesn't mean that the concept can't continue to expand merely because dragons aren't in the spotlight.

Aha, got you! So you semi admit it.

Papi, I ain't saying it's gonna happen in DF or maybe even 11.0

I'm saying that it will EVENTUALLY happen.
    Considering Worgen and Goblin Monks, and DH 3rd spec or additional races, enjoy your wait.

You can't have classless dracthyr existing forever. What use do they have for the horde and alliance except holding a carrot on a stick to players who wanna play a different class on a dracthyr.
    If players want to play a different class, they have 23 other races to choose from. Sorry, you don't always get what you want. Take it from someone who wanted a Tinker class.

Which doesn't mean that the concept can't continue to expand merely because dragons aren't in the spotlight.

Considering Worgen and Goblin Monks, and DH 3rd spec or additional races, enjoy your wait.

If players want to play a different class, they have 23 other races to choose from. Sorry, you don't always get what you want. Take it from someone who wanted a Tinker class.
    I mean It took 18 years for tauren rogues sooooo.

I'm fine waiting I ain't gonna die. I've been a belf pally since tbc and enjoy it. But I a dragon race with a humanoid form takes the cake for me. But it happens when it happens.

I doubt it'll be that long but who knows.

Tell that to pale velves....

But that's is not the sole point of a dracthyr.....

They're all supposed to be elite soldiers, but the evokers are the special select few.

They're not just semi evokers... So those are meant to be other classes after they no join the ranks of the horse and alliance. Idk how you see it that as a bad thing...
    If there is any so called failed evokers then they are still going to have dragonflight powers just not from all 5 flights, so no they are not meant to be another class but still have more than enough power anyway. The only reason the dracthyr exist is to wield the powers of the 5 dragonflights thats the only reason they were made in the first place.

Making everything available to anyone or any class is a bad thing, MMOs should have more unique things, also a dragonoid race not using its powers it was born with makes no sense at all, im hoping they never allow the race to be anything other than an evoker.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If there is any so called failed evokers then they are still going to have dragonflight powers just not from all 5 flights, so no they are not meant to be another class but still have more than enough power anyway. The only reason the dracthyr exist is to wield the powers of the 5 dragonflights thats the only reason they were made in the first place.

Making everything available to anyone or any class is a bad thing, MMOs should have more unique things, also a dragonoid race not using its powers it was born with makes no sense at all, im hoping they never allow the race to be anything other than an evoker.
    Ffs... There are no "failed" evokers.

The edicts plainly state that evokers are just the elite of the elite.