10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I get the impression you don't know what these words mean.
    I get the impression he doesn't like feminism and thinks it's "gone too far."

Even after hearing people say the ending wasn't what they expected at all, I was still surprised by how far it went with the 4th wall breaks.

I think the only thing to me that seems weird was the Emil thing. Like, unless I'm mistaken, nowhere in the room was anything labeling the group as an actual anti-She-hulk group and nowhere in his speech did he mention She-Hulk as far as I remember. It seems almost like he was just offered a ton of money by Hulk_king whatever his name was to do a speech and genuinely had no idea it had anything to do with She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Even after hearing people say the ending wasn't what they expected at all, I was still surprised by how far it went with the 4th wall breaks.

I think the only thing to me that seems weird was the Emil thing. Like, unless I'm mistaken, nowhere in the room was anything labeling the group as an actual anti-She-hulk group and nowhere in his speech did he mention She-Hulk as far as I remember. It seems almost like he was just offered a ton of money by Hulk_king whatever his name was to do a speech and genuinely had no idea it had anything to do with She-Hulk.
    You are right he didn't know anything about it. He got put away for becoming abomination and breaking terms of his parole. It's why Jen is ok with him at the end, the haiku joke etc

That was like one of those Family Guy "Conway Twitty" jokes. Haha... heh.. is it still happening...? Okay this is stupid.

I think the only thing to me that seems weird was the Emil thing.
    He was just doing "generic motivational self-help gobbledygook" for the money and got busted for transforming when he shouldn't have. That's about it. He wasn't some secret She-Hulk hater all along.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    snip
    oh wow. going off your past posts I was not expecting this reaction at all... /s

seriously, why watch something you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    You are right he didn't know anything about it. He got put away for becoming abomination and breaking terms of his parole. It's why Jen is ok with him at the end, the haiku joke etc
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He was just doing "generic motivational self-help gobbledygook" for the money and got busted for transforming when he shouldn't have. That's about it. He wasn't some secret She-Hulk hater all along.
    Okay so I wasn't just missing something.

I was gonna say it would feel bad to have him suddenly flop sides. And not much room to feel bad for him getting jailtime (although deserved), since Wong broke him out pretty quickly again anyway.

I was gonna say it would feel bad to have him suddenly flop sides.
    I was honestly waiting for his heel turn during that therapy episode...but he wound up being just a legitimately chill dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I was honestly waiting for his heel turn during that therapy episode...but he wound up being just a legitimately chill dude.
    Yeah, I thought that episode would end up with Emil and the therapy group planning a heist or something when Jen left.

Funny to see a certain poster here so triggered after this episode, I wonder why that is....

The cameos were great and Jen was okay, but frankly, everything else sucked. Hopefully, they spend less time antagonizing the internet with the intentionally bad writing in the next season.

Overall, though, the Hulk characters are just hard to make a solo show/movie off. Being a Hulk means you're strong and nothing more so, generally too 1 dimensional.
    She-Hulk character solves this problem partly, but the slice of life side of the show didn't really deliver it for me outside of episode 3.

Miss Marvel did this allot better.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Overall, though, the Hulk characters are just hard to make a solo show/movie off. Being a Hulk means you're strong and nothing more so, generally too 1 dimensional.
    Agree on the first point. Making a good Hulk movie would be too difficult. But not because he's one dimensional.
    If it's not obvious the above is the Hulk in the middle east. A good writer could adapt the above a little less hamfisted. Which is why I agree on your first point. His simple naivete here wasn't one dimensional, so much as it was about...you the reader seeing things more clearly. And that's a movie we'll never get.

10+ Year Old Account

I felt the same way. Emil got shafted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    But She-Hulk also broke court orders. Just because they caught the guy who made her hulk out and destroy property shouldn't erase the crimes she committed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    But She-Hulk also broke court orders. Just because they caught the guy who made her hulk out and destroy property shouldn't erase the crimes she committed.
    No, She-Hulk was hit with a restraining order because she appeared to be a menace. The only actual property destruction was her bursting through the wall*, destroying the screens can be argued to be within her rights (they were broadcasting sensitive personal information and they weren't turned off at her request). When the charges go away, the legitimacy of the restraining order on her goes away.

Not so for Emil, he has not been pardoned, only released on parole, which he broke. That's jailtime.

*she did wreck the parking lot, but that falls into standard superheroic collateral damage! She was protecting her client from an attempted kidnapping, or so it appeared at the time!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the one thing I felt lacking with the rewrite ending is that it also skipped over the menace/legitimate anger dillemma. It got resolved in Jen's favor, but unlike the cliche big fight at the end it would have been interesting.

I think that the big fights in episode 8 were crucial for the show overall. It was great seeing She-Hulk in action, but it also let them not do that in the finale! And although the entire thing was a huge comic cliche**, it's not to my knowledge been used in the MCU before?

**(the misunderstanding! the fight! the subsequent team-up! and then the hookup wait no that's not part of the cliche)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    No, She-Hulk was hit with a restraining order because she appeared to be a menace. The only actual property destruction was her bursting through the wall*, destroying the screens can be argued to be within her rights (they were broadcasting sensitive personal information and they weren't turned off at her request). When the charges go away, the legitimacy of the restraining order on her goes away.
    She was not charged so long as she took the plea deal to not Hulk out again, and had an inhibitor placed on her to make sure of it. She broke the inhibitor, and hulked out. All charges of property destruction should be back on the table.

"destroying the screens can be argued to be within her rights (they were broadcasting sensitive personal information and they weren't turned off at her request)"

I don't understand the thought process there. Justifiable anger doesn't justify the criminal destruction of property.

She was not charged so long as she took the plea deal to not Hulk out again, and had an inhibitor placed on her to make sure of it. She broke the inhibitor, and hulked out. All charges of property destruction should be back on the table.

"destroying the screens can be argued to be within her rights (they were broadcasting sensitive personal information and they weren't turned off at her request)"

I don't understand the thought process there. Justifiable anger doesn't justify the criminal destruction of property.
    The superheroes almost never get prosecuted when they only destroy property while pursuing villains. Not even if they're angry while doing so. Putting her in prison was wrong in the first place and my guess was the accusations against her were revoked and the DoDC can be glad if she doesn't sue them for the arrest.

Did she?

Like...all of that happened during the KEVIN sequence after she'd already turned to the camera and stopped the scene. Idk, it just seems like it would be easy to brush that off as part of the in-episode retcon.

And even then, that other lawyer said "the DA won't pursue any charges related to the incident." And if the incident was demonstrably orchestrated by someone else, that also seems like a reasonable justification.

Besides, it's pretty obviously not supposed to be taken this seriously anyway.

You guys are trying to apply way too much logic to an episode where she burtsts into the writing room and effectively makes them rewrite the episode so everything turns out okay.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    That finale was hilarious. I wanna go back and look at the D+ screen she breaks out of, wonder if there are any easter eggs there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    You guys are trying to apply way too much logic to an episode where she burtsts into the writing room and effectively makes them rewrite the episode so everything turns out okay.
    Kinda where my disappointment is. It took a bunch of plot points that seemed to be dire, and made them all, 'Super easy, barely an inconvenience'.

In the end, I was left wondering, what was the point of this show?