Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the end credit's scene. "Captain America Fu-"

I dont want to watch a strong female, i want to watch a hot strong female. Why change what everybody wants?

I'm still reeling from the idea that apparently Tatiana Maslani is not hot enough :/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm still reeling from the idea that apparently Tatiana Maslani is not hot enough :/
    I think you may just need to accept that the women you find attractive are not what is classically defined as attractive. You are like the person that looks at the Victoria Secret fashion show and goes "wait you find THESE women attractive???"

Between this woman and the woman they picked for Lanfear, you seem to be attracted to women who are in their late 30s, and look like 5-6s at best. If that's your thing, more power to you. I'm going to safely assume you're not male, which explains alot.

Just to add... Men, on average, prefer:

+- 22 years old
    Curves while being fit
    Long pretty hair
    youthful face
    soft facial features

You seem to prefer
    35+
    no curves
    short choppy hair
    lines in face and distinctive facial structure

Again, everyone's got a preference, but yours is pretty far off the average person's for what is "beautiful"
    Last edited by Gumble; 2022-08-18 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I think you may just need to accept that the women you find attractive are not what is classically defined as attractive. You are like the person that looks at the Victoria Secret fashion show and goes "wait you find THESE women attractive???"

Between this woman and the woman they picked for Lanfear, you seem to be attracted to women who are in their late 30s, and look like 5-6s at best. If that's your thing, more power to you. I'm going to safely assume you're not male, which explains alot.
    There is no "classically defined" attractive. It varies based on culture and time constantly.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

if we are going to go into assumptions now, that I'm going to say that its safe to assume that you have never actualy been close to a real woman, let alone lived with one, that you think photoshoped and airbrushed and heavily surgically enhanced women are the only beautiful ones and then turn around and complain about catfishing.

P.S. and yet "classically defined attractiveness" varies so much through the history and lately it changes every few years, so you equating your own preferences with "classical attractiveness" is hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There is no "classically defined" attractive. It varies based on culture and time constantly.
    That simply isn't true. Attraction has been mapped down to a science. There are variations and everyone has their preferences, but the basics are always the same.

- - - Updated - - -

if we are going to go into assumptions now, that I'm going to say that its safe to assume that you have never actualy been close to a real woman, let alone lived with one, that you think photoshoped and airbrushed and heavily surgically enhanced women are the only beautiful ones and then turn around and complain about catfishing.
    Feel free to assume as you like. Catfishing is amusing, had to look that up, I was married before that became a thing I guess so I didn't know you didn't mean actual fishing for catfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    That simply isn't true. Attraction has been mapped down to a science. There are variations and everyone has their preferences, but the basics are always the same.
    Yes, it is. And science says while there are consistency if you honestly think Tatiana Maslany would rate a 6 at best based on that science, you're in the wrong.

Attractiveness in science is not specific traits either. It is based on symmetry and other factors. Not what you are clearly judging on.

And even if I grant you this point, your original point of "classically defined" is still wrong because science doesn't define that. So my point there is no classically defined attractiveness is not disproven or disputed by this claim now.

Also, science on attractiveness is "This person is more likely to be found attractive than that person" nothing more or less. It is a judgment on majority opinion, based on statistics. So are you arguing a fiction or science? Pick one.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-08-18 at 02:23 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to assume as you like. Catfishing is amusing, had to look that up, I was married before that became a thing I guess so I didn't know you didn't mean actual fishing for catfish.
    Eurocentric and impossible?

you know what I find ironic? one of your pics, Natalie Dormer? doesn't fit that standard, because her face is not just asymmetrical, it is VISIBLY so. its what makes her face less pretty, but at the same time more interesting. Tatiana Maslani, last I checked? does fit those math measurements, so... you were saying?

and yes, you are "married" cause people on the internet never lie for clout. and if you actualy are, I feel very sorry for your wife, what with your "standards" and all

10+ Year Old Account
    Gal Gadot can't act, so no.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Lets look on two "fresh" She-hulks comic versions, ugly one failed so they brought back SEXY one, but CGI version fails to be either of these.

https://i0.wp.com/www.lacasadeel.net...el-700x781.jpg
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...cov_bartel.jpg
    Hulk forms really don’t work this way, it has nothing to do with failure and every thing to do with story arcs.

Immoral hulk for an example wasn’t a failure leading to them trying him into a space ship the story line ended and they moved onto and she hulks been doing the same thing with like 4 different forms in recent years.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    My worthless two cents. Tatiana Maslani is an average looking woman for Hollywood. Outside of Hollywood, she is a dime, but put up against the rest of the current Hollywood stunners, she isn't in the pack leader group.

That said, I haven't watched the first episode yet, so I have no comments yet on the content of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I have to agree. I think she is a beautiful woman, but her acting is not great at all.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    thought I would kick this off since as I couldn't find a dedicated topic for it

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law IMDB

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

solid intro episode IMO. make sure you watch past credits

once again it's sad that another tv series featuring a female superhero was review bombed on IMDB before it even came out. Like I get if people don't like it or it's not their thing but goddam you're going above and beyond to leave a negative review about something you haven't watched yet and probably won't watch because you don't like it.
    While it is indeed very sad that this is happening, one of the primary reasons for this is because studios and actors start throwing out very big words before the shows are even out these days.
    They already start branding people who might not like this as X and Y and they already start drawing conclusions on whether you should find something funny or view it in a certain way.
    And in a way this makes you feel like they re toying with your intelligence which in turn sparks this sort of behavior among the masses. It doesnt take a psychologist to understand average human behavior especially behind anonymity. In return, the 1s are balanced by the same/slightly higher ratio of 10s which I also think are quite bullshit and are probably thrown out in a similar manner as the 1s. So in the end the final product probably balances out between 6 and 7 which is about what I would expect without having watched it so far.
    I wish we could go back to a more chill and viewer friendly release environment where certain groups of people will not be crucified on social media before they even voice their opinions on something. Surely one can understand how currently this potentially leads to slow amounting frustration for those groups no?
    Last edited by Delever; 2022-08-18 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well this thread degenerated really quick.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Eurocentric and impossible?

you know what I find ironic? one of your pics, Natalie Dormer? doesn't fit that standard, because her face is not just asymmetrical, it is VISIBLY so. its what makes her face less pretty, but at the same time more interesting. Tatiana Maslani, last I checked? does fit those math measurements, so... you were saying?

and yes, you are "married" cause people on the internet never lie for clout. and if you actualy are, I feel very sorry for your wife, what with your "standards" and all

So you agree that not fitting the classical definiton makes one less pretty? You find them "more interesting", which is your perogative, but you admit they are less attractive?

Fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I wonder if it has to do with doing it in English. She always feels like she is having to sound out the words to make sure they are coming out right. That can certainly make a person sound "wooden" reading dialogue. Its possible she simply isn't good at acting, but I wonder how much the language issue is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    well this thread degenerated really quick.
    Yeah, I expected some arguments about the quantity or quality of the humor, the CGI or the plot, not about how much hotter the actress could have been...

Ugh lost me in the first episode, why do in phase 4 feel the need to tear down the OG Avengers? Like do you really need that joke about Captain being a virgin? Like come on
    1. He was busy fighting the nazi's
    2. He might have (doubtful) had sex with any of the cheerleaders he toured with before he went into the war
    3. He was frozen and before he could adjust to a new world was involved in many fights with all kinds of enemies.

Between this and the shade they throw at Iron man (who twice was willing to give his life to save others, and did so the 2nd time), just pisses me off too much. Maybe if this hadn't just came after Thor: bad and worse jokes I might have been able to push on, but meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

So you agree that not fitting the classical definiton makes one less pretty? You find them "more interesting", which is your perogative, but you admit they are less attractive?

Fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if it has to do with doing it in English. She always feels like she is having to sound out the words to make sure they are coming out right. That can certainly make a person sound "wooden" reading dialogue. Its possible she simply isn't good at acting, but I wonder how much the language issue is at fault.
    pretty is not interchangeable with beautiful. but yanno... you do you. you are the one who assumed that I don't think your picks are beautiful, while focusing on pretty. me, I happen to think they are all beautiful and some fit the symmetry better then others, though actual perfect symmetry does NOT exist in nature. so that math formula? is actualy bullshit in the end.

in any case, I think Maslani is a great pick for she hulk and I don't mind the humor TBH. if you cannot poke fun at inherent silliness of comic books, then what is even the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Ugh lost me in the first episode, why do in phase 4 feel the need to tear down the OG Avengers? Like do you really need that joke about Captain being a virgin? Like come on
    1. He was busy fighting the nazi's
    2. He might have (doubtful) had sex with any of the cheerleaders he toured with before he went into the war
    3. He was frozen and before he could adjust to a new world was involved in many fights with all kinds of enemies.

Between this and the shade they throw at Iron man (who twice was willing to give his life to save others, and did so the 2nd time), just pisses me off too much. Maybe if this hadn't just came after Thor: bad and worse jokes I might have been able to push on, but meh.
    It is a reference to the fandom. There was a big argument if Steve was a virgin or not a few years ago.

It isn't an insult to Steve, it is a joke at the fandom.
    –The Sith Code

I don't think one episode is enough to make any judgement, i didn't like some of the tone with it.
    My biggest issue is writters thinking that a strong female character must be better at everything and essentially have a toxic personality justified only by the fact that she is a woman and as a woman -insert a series of archetypical problems repeated by feminist in the past years-.

I don't know how she was written in the comics and i don't really care (is a blessing actually... i can't be dissapointed). My opinion is based entirerly on what i just saw in the show and how this new character has been introduced to me. I just hope there is some struggle as the story unfolds and i'm not talking about struggle in her personal or professional life caused by the fact that she can transform into she-hulk, but struggle directly caused by that 'condition', her ability to control it, her health considering what she has in her blood. Basically, imperfections.

With that said, i dind't dislike it to the point of not wanting to watch more. I'll probably watch the whole thing and enjoy it despite it's flaws.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."