Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This sounds so divorced from culture as to be essentially a rock.
    What are you talking about. I'm with it. Just yesterday I was down at the bowling alley telling all the lads about this new rock n roller who's turned the devil's music into something truly special. Young man by the name of elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They should hire real writers instead, with comedic talent.. so that not only people with a really low bar for humour will laugh..
    Marvel? Intelligent Humor? Nope! lol

Comics i've read didn't have fantastic writers either when it came to humor. Great plot points, but low effort humor.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Speaking of marvel humor has she Hulk gone on a rant about her plans are the best plans? And they should all. Follow her plan. Followed up by laughing at character names like taser face

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Gotta fill that screen time somehow. It ain't got westwing level legal writing. It ain't got fun action. It just exists. So may as well cycle through old pop culture references. Next week they're bringing back Richard Simmons and they're gonna make a work out video
    I dislike sexually suggestive dancing in shows that are not specifically for adults. But twerking is just as relevant today as it ever was. Short form video (TikTok, Reels, YTShorts) makes sure of this. If you don't browse these things, it would make sense for you to be unaware. But let it be known, it is rampant still.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2022-09-08 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I dislike sexually suggestive dancing in shows that are not specifically for adults. But twerking is just as relevant today as it ever was. Short form video (TikTok, Reels, YTShorts) makes sure of this. If you don't browse these things, it would make sense for you to be aware. But let it be known, it is rampant still.
    I'm sure you can find videos of people still doing the ice bucket challenge. Doesn't make it relevant. Deadpool did reshoots to get in current jokes barely a month or two old. This shit is lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you can find videos of people still doing the ice bucket challenge. Doesn't make it relevant. Deadpool did reshoots to get in current jokes barely a month or two old. This shit is lazy
    It isn't a matter of finding them. You can't miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It isn't a matter of finding them. You can't miss them.
    Art should look forward not backwards.

True comedic pieces like idiocracy showed us where culture was heading not dredging up stale social media content where teens are trying to find value or self worth in thier self image by doing a spastic dance on tik tok.

And if it's not looking forward it should have something to say about current events like a UK office where it holds a mirror up to people and highlights our best and worst tendencies

But that's asking too much of a show that is just content ment to be consumed to keep your disney sub active

I'm not sure the joke is twerking as much as how much of a fangirl Jennifer is. at least that's the way I understood the joke - Jennifer is willing to let loose in a way that is not normal to her and goes "I would kill for you, Megan thee Stallion" and MEGAN of all people going "dial it down". that's the joke.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Twerking wasn't funny back when it was relevant in 2015
    I believe the point is more so her fan girling out about a celebrity to the point where she says she’ll kill for her.

The Tweaking is a by product of who said celebrity is, I’ve personally never heard of her.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I believe the point is more so her fan girling out about a celebrity to the point where she says she’ll kill for her.

The Tweaking is a by product of who said celebrity is, I’ve personally never heard of her.
    And that celeb the fictional character is obsessed with could have been anyone they had unlimited creative potential but they went with the most cringe thing possible. Only thing worse would have been something in bad taste like wheeling out a Kevin spacey or Bill cosby

And that celeb the fictional character is obsessed with could have been anyone they had unlimited creative potential but they went with the most cringe thing possible. Only thing worse would have been something in bad taste like wheeling out a Kevin spacey or Bill cosby
    nope. the point is a lot of people think that Megan is excessive so when someone like HER puts the breaks on and goes "dial it down"? THAT's the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    nope. the point is a lot of people think that Megan is excessive so when someone like HER puts the breaks on and goes "dial it down"? THAT's the joke.
    Yeah dancing away just her and Megan in her office. In private. Shit is WILD

7+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue who the celeb nor do I watch like any comedy’s so I really can’t speech to how fitting they are for this kind of show or the target audience (not comic nerds), all I can really add is that I’d personally like to have seen lou ferrigno the original Hulk as a cameo but that would obviously be way more out of date then the woman they got.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yeah dancing away just her and Megan in her office. In private. Shit is WILD
    you. are. still. missing. the. point.

but that's ok

I have no clue who the celeb nor do I watch like any comedy’s so I really can’t speech to how fitting they are for this kind of show or the target audience (not comic nerds), all I can really add is that I’d personally like to have seen lou ferrigno the original Hulk as a cameo but that would obviously be way more out of date then the woman they got.
    Since when did everyone get so obsessed with "target market". If something is good, a range of people will enjoy it. And superhero fluff is so watered down its designed to be consumed by as wide of an audience as possible. That's why there is never anything risky or controversial

You know, I do this weird thing regarding shows I don't like. Instead of going off on rants about how bad the show is on the internet...I just stop watching it.

It seems to leave me more time to find shows that I actually like.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you. are. still. missing. the. point.

but that's ok
    Sorry the complexities of an over the top personality telling someone to tone it down is too nuanced for my smooth brain

7+ Year Old Account
    Since when did everyone get so obsessed with "target market". If something is good, a range of people will enjoy it. And superhero fluff is so watered down its designed to be consumed by as wide of an audience as possible. That's why there is never anything risky or controversial
    As far as comics media go? The 1930’s or about.

And while the over all target has indeed gotten wider individual shoes comics movies ect are absolutely still targeting narrower groups.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You know, I do this weird thing regarding shows I don't like. Instead of going off on rants about how bad the show is on the internet...I just stop watching it.

It seems to leave me more time to find shows that I actually like.
    Right - we need to start some sort of grounds-roots movement. Help educate all the other people out there - who don't understand that if you don't like something, all you have to do is.... anything else! =D

People...so silly. Spending time giving a company making something they "hate" exactly what that company wants to make more of what they "hate" watching.

I mean, I'm guilty of sticking with a series I've already invested time in, even when it jumps the shark. But at least a show has to give me 5+ seasons of something I enjoy FIRST before I'll commit to watching when the quality goes to shit. =D (looking at you ER...) I don't get why I'd bother investing the time in if I'm already sick of a premise, or find the writing crappy, by the 3rd or 4th episode.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

As far as comics media go? The 1930’s or about.

And while the over all target has indeed gotten wider individual shoes comics movies ect are absolutely still targeting narrower groups.
    Nah you just use copy and paste now in photoshop and cater to the region. Want progressive Americans to watch? Add a single scene where its hinted thier gay or even have a quick same sex kiss. Then cut that scene for China.

Wanna promote black panthar in China? Easy just remove Chadwick boseman from the poster