Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You didn't say "The show doesn't look very good so i decided not to watch it"

What you said was

That was something you were told and bought into.

So yeah, you let the rambling idiot give you your opinion about the show.
    No one has told me that it's just the reality of the cowardice of Hollywood writers. No one would have the guts to put forward the notion she does something seemly unredeemable like killing an innocent person first time going Hulk. You know, something actually interesting that requires the female lead to actually have a flaw and could spiral into an interesting legal case

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No one has told me that it's just the reality of the cowardice of Hollywood writers. No one would have the guts to put forward the notion she does something seemly unredeemable like killing an innocent person first time going Hulk. You know, something actually interesting that requires the female lead to actually have a flaw and could spiral into an interesting legal case
    Yeah, no. Not buying it. You're echoing the exact phrasing used by those "rambling idiots".

The toothpaste doesn't go back in the tube.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Yeah, no. Not buying it. You're echoing the exact phrasing used by those "rambling idiots".

The toothpaste doesn't go back in the tube.
    There's another me out there is there? Mind linking it so I can check them out sounds like they know thier stuff

7+ Year Old Account
    04 episode was the weakest so fa, felt a bit of an anthology filler, still fun, but meh, a bit pointless

There's another me out there is there? Mind linking it so I can check them out sounds like they know thier stuff
    Oh, there's so many "yous" out there...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Oh, there's so many "yous" out there...
    What a shocker you had nothing. Almost like I'm capable of making my own thoughts

What a shocker you had nothing. Almost like I'm capable of making my own thoughts
    Parroting YouTubers is not the same as having your own thoughts, bruh.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-09-08 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno why you're acting like I think my opinion is better than anyone else. If people like the show that is surprising but all power to you. I think there was an interesting premise for a show in there somewhere and it's been lost.
    Regarding the bold;

1> You admitted you haven't even seen the show. You have literally no means by which to have come to that conclusion.

2> That's an objective claim, not a subjective one. That's something you'll be held to provide supporting evidence to back, because it's not just a personal preference. And to that; you have nothing. So why should we entertain it? You're making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Regarding the bold;

1> You admitted you haven't even seen the show. You have literally no means by which to have come to that conclusion.

2> That's an objective claim, not a subjective one. That's something you'll be held to provide supporting evidence to back, because it's not just a personal preference. And to that; you have nothing. So why should we entertain it? You're making it up.
    Yeah ive only seen a handful of scenes, so its possible with context they are improved. But what I have seen shows me its a show that doesnt take its own self created world very seriously. One of the most powerful creatures in the world pushed away by a jeep...ok so powerlevels are all over the show or not even considered. Is her hair transformation explained? Because Her hair style changes, which isnt that big of a deal but I hope it is explained because its just lazy.

The boys for example actually think about what it would be like if powers existed, hughie for example becoming naked each time he teleports. Does it make or break the show? No but it shows the writer actually cares about the world and its established rules.

The constant marvel need to self reference everything. Hey look wolverine! Hey look abomination! Yeah thats cool can we actually focus on she hulk and make her an interesting character first thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ive only seen a handful of scenes, so its possible with context they are improved. But what I have seen shows me its a show that doesnt take its own self created world very seriously. One of the most powerful creatures in the world push away by a jeep...ok so powerlevels are all over the show or not even considered. Is her hair transformation explained? Because Her hair style changes, which isnt that big of a deal but I hope it is explained because its just lazy.
    It's a comedy: of course it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Hulk gets pushed by a jeep because surface friction doesn't give a single shit about lifting capacity, only weight and surface characteristics. You're literally complaining they got the physics correct.

Her hair changes because She-Hulks hair has always changed. For the show, Maslaneys curls go straight. In the comics, more often the other way around. It happens for the same reason Thunderbolt Ross loses and regains the moustache when he shifts in and out of Red Hulk form. You're just complaining about comic accuracy, here.

None of this is "lazy". You just don't know the characters or the comics or how any of this has always worked for 40+ years.

It's a comedy: of course it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Hulk gets pushed by a jeep because surface friction doesn't give a single shit about lifting capacity, only weight and surface characteristics. You're literally complaining they got the physics correct.

Her hair changes because She-Hulks hair has always changed. For the show, Maslaneys curls go straight. In the comics, more often the other way around. It happens for the same reason Thunderbolt Ross loses and regains the moustache when he shifts in and out of Red Hulk form. You're just complaining about comic accuracy, here.

None of this is "lazy". You just don't know the characters or the comics or how any of this has always worked for 40+ years.
    Sorry is it a comic or a tv show?

"It was done this way in the past so why change it" isnt really the best arguement especially when making dozens apons dozens of these shows. Which is largely my point.

The show is just meaningless fluff like all the recent marvel content.

They wasted the opportunity/good idea in wandavision and dr strange's 2nd movie. Now they're wasting the legal show idea.

1. people who haven't seen the show, do not get to push their opinions on said show until they see it. hearsay is no substitute.
    2. I'm still not entirely sold on Wong as comic relief, but I fucking love that actor so much, I'll deal with it.
    3. Jen's dad is the best. THE. BEST. everyone needs a dad like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry is it a comic or a tv show?

"It was done this way in the past so why change it" isnt really the best arguement especially when making dozens apons dozens of these shows. Which is largely my point.

The show is just meaningless fluff like all the recent marvel content.

They wasted the opportunity/good idea in wandavision and dr strange's 2nd movie. Now they're wasting the legal show idea.
    Nah. Since you don't have an actual argument and admit you haven't even seen the show, that's all that's needed to debunk you. Just a hearty "nah". You've admitted you don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

Nah. Since you don't have an actual argument and admit you haven't even seen the show, that's all that's needed to debunk you. Just a hearty "nah". You've admitted you don't have the first clue what you're talking about.
    More commonly known as "I dont have any rebuttal so I'll just dribble out a non answer"

But hey at least you didnt call me a youtuber I guess /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    More commonly known as "I dont have any rebuttal so I'll just dribble out a non answer"

But hey at least you didnt call me a youtuber I guess /shrug.
    There's nothing to rebut. You admitted you have no idea what you're talking about. My "rebuttal" only needs to be pointing that fact out.

There's nothing to rebut. You admitted you have no idea what you're talking about. My "rebuttal" only needs to be pointing that fact out.
    My bad I forgot discussion on forums are only here to be won or lost. Well done Endus you defeated me with such a mighty blow. Apologies for thinking a genuine conversation was possible

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad I forgot discussion on forums are only here to be won or lost. Well done Endus you defeated me with such a mighty blow. Apologies for thinking a genuine conversation was possible
    A conversation about what? A show you're avoiding watching but definitely want to have strong opinions on regardless?

That's like jumping into a conversation about last night's game to loudly declare that sportsball is for dumb babies and the fullguard fumbled the hurl and no you didn't watch it but they should still let you into the conversation.

It's intentionally disruptive: you have no interest in discussion, here.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It isn't about winning or losing.
    You haven't seen the show, therefore nothing that can be said will alter your view and people who have watched the show have nothing to gain from discussion with you.

If you were curious about the show, that would be one thing, but you clearly are not.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It isn't about winning or losing.
    You haven't seen the show, therefore nothing that can be said will alter your view and people who have watched the show have nothing to gain from discussion with you.

If you were curious about the show, that would be one thing, but you clearly are not.
    I'm genuinely curious what the appeal is. And none of my points were counted outside of "comic book did it" so seems like there isn't much to say about this show unless you like the humor? People watch it out of some kinda sunk cost fallacy and are hoping to get a sneak peak of the next Thanos sitting down and mumbling out threats?

but back to the show. honestly. Jennifer is a terrible lawyer. That quite possibly writers have no bloody clue what they are writing when it comes to courtroom stuff.

how in a bloody hell do you go into an actual hearing... without talking to your witnesses first? sure you cannot coach them, but at the very least you can and SHOULD veto them before bringing them in? And/Or, I don't know talk to your client extensively about their case?

like.. I understand that this whole thing is played for laughs and it does have funny moments, but at the same time.... it just bugs me, you know?

P.S. the appeal is that characters themselves are fun and relatable. anyone who is mad about the way they show dating app adventures? haven't used dating apps. in this case it just so happens that Jennifer is having terrible time, but she is having the same issue with her dates as with her courtroom witnesses. not. enough. vetoing.

you can listen to plenty of men having very similar horror stories. most people using dating apps are not having the best time.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-09-08 at 10:21 PM.