10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    (No, I am not claiming to be on the level of Sokrates, I just wish to have the level of opponents he had. And yes, I also know that he was likely not a historical figure)
    You would need to not argue dishonestly, both you are Fortress (if you aren't the same person), are misrepresenting your arguments and behaviors.

And you also are describing your behavior more than your opponents. You are arguing from an agenda, you are the one arguing the sky isn't blue. But, you have convinced yourself that you are arguing a factual based opinion which you are not. So, misrepresenting the show in your arguments and are now literally misrepresenting your own arguments to pretend you are a victim or being honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Ep 6 is the worst episode , it was so boring
    The show is designed to be a sitcom, so you are going to get these weird episodes.

It isn't the greatest, but it was what is expected. Also, another no after credit scene.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-09-22 at 10:36 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

So far, I'd definitely claim this is the weakest of the Marvel shows(barring Ms Marvel, since I haven't watched that yet) that has been put out. It's not super bad or anything, but I'd give it a solid 6.
    Hawkeye comes just above that for me!

I have to admit, the "lawyer" part in the latest episode(6), was absolutely facepalming quality :P. Other than that, I still enjoy the humor of the show!

5+ Year Old Account
    episode 6 must become definition of ANTI-FUN, boring shity way to ruin mr. Immortal, one of most funny characters of "Great Lakes Avengers"..... but like why not ruin characters if we can't make good tv-show about them, yeah?

What next? Daredevil gonna be sued for fighting mind-controlled power pack?... can this be worse than this
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-09-22 at 11:57 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

First time I really hated a part of this show. The wedding sequence was extremely painful for me to watch (two faced "friends" that constantly try to keep you down while also taking you for all the free labor they can get), so it was hard for me to catch what it was really about. But also, the entire setup seemed to be about baiting Jen into hulking out, getting into a fight, and then Titania and the terrible bride teaming up to claim that she "ruined the wedding". Only, when Jen did hulk out she threw titania into a crowd and then on a table and a waiter, punched her teeth out, and apparently everybody likes her now? I don't get it.

The little heart to heart with Titania was nice and also set things up, I'm fully on board with Titania hating that Jen just fell into the role she's been working very hard to build up.

Also, did Jen not get a size-changing dress from Edward Mode. A missed opportunity, but I guess she did only ask for business suits (and got a proper super costume as an extra). It also gets a bit into the fact that Jen is painfully awkward, to the point where I'm wondering how Nikki puts up with it.

I liked the bits back in the lawyers office, good to see that Nikki and Mallory worked well together and also bonded. It's a misfire how the immortal guy actually never even appeared to die, every time they showed him taking a lethal hit or even talked about how he "died", they also added that he immediately got back up and walked away, which kinda undermines the entire "fake your own death" thing wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And you also are describing your behavior more than your opponents. You are arguing from an agenda
    I am not and have never denied this. My agenda is to get rid of sexism in movies and series, while the show clearly just wants to turn things around and in an act of petty revenge distorts the presentation of men as much as the presentation of women was distorted in the past. It's a special type of feminism that does not seek equality but instead wants to establish the woman in a superior role.
    Usually this ends in a female main character that is nearly perfect in every aspect, requires no character development and gets told by everyone else how immensely cool and important they are. All of which makes these characters boring, bland and unrelatable. A glaring examples being Rei "Skywalker", who mastered every Force ability in the lore with barely any training and without even knowing they exist and creating a few new ones on top, plus being an expert starship pilot while actually never having left her bloody desert planet.

Meanwhile the beloved old characters get shafted for the horrible crime of being male. Just look what they did with Luke in those movies. Look what happened to Wesker in the Netflix RE series (and no I am not talking about his skin colour).
    Then when the fandom gets predictably angry about these mistreatments of franchises they love, all critique is made to look like it is just born out of sexism, racism, homophobia and what not, just so that the studios making this terrible sludge of media will never have to improve and can just go on like this.

Quality is made subservient to the message these movies and series are trying very hard to shove down our throats and if you object to their quality then obviously you must disagree with their message and as such, your opinion is worthless, because obviously you hate women, blacks, homosexuals and thus are a terrible human being.

I want this to stop. I want the kind of movies back that are rightly considered master pieces to this day. I want quality instead of message. I want sexism (from all directions), racism and homophobia to be dead and buried. That is my agenda and stuff like She-Hulk and Captain Marvel are doing the opposite.

They are actively doing harm to their own message, because they are insulting big parts of their audience. Just think about how dumb this is. You will not convince people that feminism is a good thing if your presentation of feminists (and/or the people playing them/writing them) are simply put immense assholes. You will only achieve the opposite.

Take Brie Larsson latest stunt. Where she nearly clawed the eyes out of an innocent reporter for asking a completely harmless question. If those are the people and if this is the kind of behaviour that is propped up as what modern feminism looks like then I cannot blame anyone for having problems with it.

I want this to stop. I want the kind of movies back that are rightly considered master pieces to this day.
    Oh, this should be good. Name a few movies you consider masterpieces.

It's a special type of feminism that does not seek equality but instead wants to establish the woman in a superior role.
    A little bit offtop here, I suppose, but I have to mention it:
    you're assuming feminism is about equality to begin with. And it is not. Not one bit. Not the modern one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take Brie Larsson latest stunt. Where she nearly clawed the eyes out of an innocent reporter for asking a completely harmless question
    I haven't heard about this. I'm attempting to look it up. Can you give more detail on this?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not and have never denied this. My agenda is to get rid of sexism in movies and series, while the show clearly just wants to turn things around and in an act of petty revenge distorts the presentation of men as much as the presentation of women was distorted in the past. It's a special type of feminism that does not seek equality but instead wants to establish the woman in a superior role.
    No it isn't. Don't pretend you are doing something that you are clearly not. You aren't trying to "get rid of sexism." What you are doing is merely complaining that you don't like certain tropes at best.

Usually this ends in a female main character that is nearly perfect in every aspect, requires no character development and gets told by everyone else how immensely cool and important they are. All of which makes these characters boring, bland and unrelatable. A glaring examples being Rei "Skywalker", who mastered every Force ability in the lore with barely any training and without even knowing they exist and creating a few new ones on top, plus being an expert starship pilot while actually never having left her bloody desert planet.
    You just described parts of Luke and Anakin's backstory too. And you are literally lying about how Rey was shown in the series, outside of Leia, no one accepted her without a reason presented in the movie and even Leia is arguable because Han vouched for her.

Meanwhile the beloved old characters get shafted for the horrible crime of being male. Just look what they did with Luke in those movies. Look what happened to Wesker in the Netflix RE series (and no I am not talking about his skin colour).
    Then when the fandom gets predictably angry about these mistreatments of franchises they love, all critique is made to look like it is just born out of sexism, racism, homophobia and what not, just so that the studios making this terrible sludge of media will never have to improve and can just go on like this.
    Luke fit the trope in Samurai movies of the Broken Old War hero. You know one of the inspirations for the Jedi? It had nothing to do with him being male, it had to do with him being the warrior who is tired of fighting and who has turned his back on the world. See, this isn't you fighting sexism, this is you inserting sexism into the movie to complain it is there. Was it done well? No, but was it actually an insult to Luke, no.

Quality is made subservient to the message these movies and series are trying very hard to shove down our throats and if you object to their quality then obviously you must disagree with their message and as such, your opinion is worthless, because obviously you hate women, blacks, homosexuals and thus are a terrible human being.
    No one calls you that if you were actually point out that, but you are as seen above INSERTING your narrative into the work and not justifying on how the movie is actually saying that. You are lying about what She-hulk shows and misrepresenting Rey and Luke in the sequel trilogy. Again, this isn't saying that they have great quality, but rather how you are portraying them is extremely bias.

I want this to stop. I want the kind of movies back that are rightly considered master pieces to this day. I want quality instead of message. I want sexism (from all directions), racism and homophobia to be dead and buried. That is my agenda and stuff like She-Hulk and Captain Marvel are doing the opposite.
    You agenda is to fight a fiction you built in your head.

They are actively doing harm to their own message, because they are insulting big parts of their audience. Just think about how dumb this is. You will not convince people that feminism is a good thing if your presentation of feminists (and/or the people playing them/writing them) are simply put immense assholes. You will only achieve the opposite.

Take Brie Larsson latest stunt. Where she nearly clawed the eyes out of an innocent reporter for asking a completely harmless question. If those are the people and if this is the kind of behaviour that is propped up as what modern feminism looks like then I cannot blame anyone for having problems with it.
    You only believe this as evidence you are correct is you view this material assuming your position was true in the first place. You do not come to these conclusions watching the material alone. You are adding your bias into the material, misrepresenting what the material actually tells us and pretending you are "fighting against something" when in reality you are continuing the life of what you are fighting against.

You see it as sexism because you have a victim complex. These were tropes you had no problem with in movies from the 90s. There were tons of movies I remember where the man goes to a woman for help, it didn't make the man weak ... but this is LITERALLY the argument for why a character is portrayed poorly in this series. A joke character surviving things they really should not have is part of comedies, but this is the argument used to waive away the negative traits of a joke character. You are literally painting tropes DECADES OLD with your brush and declaring the show or movie is endorsing sexism.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-09-22 at 01:11 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Oh, this should be good. Name a few movies you consider masterpieces.
    Terminator 2, Star Wars 4-6, Lord of the Rings. Classics mainly. But also many Marvel movies before the current Phase, especially Endgame and Infinity War.

Why? Does my choice of movies help you establish your picture of me as a woman-hating incel? If so, enjoy, I couldn't care less.

I have said it before in this thread, but will happily say it again. The women in these movies did not need all the nonesense that is dripping from movies like Captain Marvel and series like She-Hulk. They were the highest class of badass and they actually had a hand in making feminism work in a way that Larsson can only dream about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I haven't heard about this. I'm attempting to look it up. Can you give more detail on this?
    Here is the one of the various videos that show the scene. Feel free to deny it's existence. Even the reporter is rolling his eyes at her ridiculous behaviour.

She is basically in constant attack mode ever since she got backlash for her various shitty comments after Captain Marvel, so everything sounds like an attack to her now.
    And before you go on about the rest of video. I haven't even seen it. I just picked one of the first ones of YT that show the scene, the rest is unimportant. The fact that you claim you haven't heard of this feels like a lie to me, considering how many videos there were.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2022-09-22 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terminator 2, Star Wars 4-6, Lord of the Rings. Classics mainly. But also many Marvel movies before the current Phase, especially Endgame and Infinity War.
    Lord of the Rings literally made a few of the female parts bigger than they were in the source material with inspiration from unfinished worked. If they released today, people sharing your arguments would complain about it.

People complained about the all female team up, Captain Marvel vs Thanos parts of Endgame using your arguments. You literally picked movies that either if released today or actually has the same thing you are complaining about.

Here is the one of the various videos that show the scene. Feel free to deny it's existence. Even the reporter is rolling his eyes at her ridiculous behaviour.

She is basically in constant attack mode ever since she got backlash for her various shitty comments after Captain Marvel, so everything sounds like an attack to her now.
    And before you go on about the rest of video. I haven't even seen it. I just picked one of the first ones of YT that show the scene, the rest is unimportant. The fact that you claim you haven't heard of this feels like a lie to me, considering how many videos there were.
    And this is a good thing to show how taking things out of context and spinning a story work. She knows she is hated, she knows that Disney could move away from her and she is voicing frustration. That's a pretty much a human response.

Do you want her to pretend that people are happy with her?
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

Ok, that is the one I saw. However, "Where she nearly clawed the eyes out of an innocent reporter for asking a completely harmless question" is a bit hyperbolic don't ya think?

There is something amusing here though. You said, "Feel free to deny it's existence". I asked a "completely harmless question" because I was looking for something in the way you described it, and you made a statement that appears to be defensive. Similar to Larson.

Anyhow, thanks for providing that. I too think she is jackass. And I agree, her behavior is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

I tend not to hate watch things. I don't like her, so I don't seek out videos where she is the subject. With that, my algorithms don't suggest such videos.

And I too avoid all the commentary, and just fast forward to the actual video content. I don't need some YT talking heads opinion to skew my own before I watch something.

No it isn't. Don't pretend you are doing something that you are clearly not. You aren't trying to "get rid of sexism." What you are doing is merely complaining that you don't like certain tropes at best.
    Ah I see, allright random internet person that never met me and is constantly misjudging me, if you say so, then it absolutely must be true.

Tell me, do I strike you as someone that gives a flying shit what you and your little mob think about me? No? Good, then you should realize that if I tell you of my wishes for the media industry I have not the slightest reason to lie. I have no need for your approval or your permission to exist and because that is the case I do not need to lie to appear somehow better in your eyes. Thus I say what I mean.

Of course you may still not believe me, I really don't care. Just know that by making these comments you are a liar. Nothing more.

You just described parts of Luke and Anakin's backstory too. And you are literally lying about how Rey was shown in the series, outside of Leia, no one accepted her without a reason presented in the movie and even Leia is arguable because Han vouched for her.
    Anakin was trained for decades and lived through war time... he might not have been as young as the Jedi like when they want to start training, but there is a long time where he could learn. Besides, all the danger that Yoda and Mace predicted came 100% true. Because he was too old, he grew up with too many attachments and could not fully embrace the Jedi path. Hence his later turn.
    Luke also had quite a bit of training. First with Obiwan, then with Yoda, then he trained alone and despite that he was never shown (in the movies) as even remotely as capable a Force user as Rey. He used what? A mind trick (something Rey used without even knowing it exists!!) and some telekinesis. End of story. When it came to Palpatine, he was hopelessly outmatched.
    Rey used friggin Force Lightning, one of the most powerful and deadly Force abilities there are (and that shit needs to be friggin trained it is not hereditary) and just develops an ability to heal mortal wounds because why not. Not to mention that she is instantly able to beat Kylo in lightsaber combat. A guy that was trained for years by Luke, then by Snoke and she just beats him after a few days of swinging that thing around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anakin was trained for decades and lived through war time... he might not have been as young as the Jedi like when they want to start training, but there is a long time where he could learn. Besides, all the danger that Yoda and Mace predicted came 100% true. Because he was too old, he grew up with too many attachments and could not fully embrace the Jedi path. Hence his later turn.
    Luke also had quite a bit of training. First with Obiwan, then with Yoda, then he trained alone and despite that he was never shown (in the movies) as even remotely as capable a Force user as Rey. He used what? A mind trick (something Rey used without even knowing it exists!!) and some telekinesis. End of story. When it came to Palpatine, he was hopelessly outmatched.
    Rey used friggin Force Lightning, one of the most powerful and deadly Force abilities there are (and that shit needs to be friggin trained it is not hereditary) and just develops an ability to heal mortal wounds because why not. Not to mention that she is instantly able to beat Kylo in lightsaber combat. A guy that was trained for years by Luke, then by Snoke and she just beats him after a few days of swinging that thing around.
    I agree with this 100%. The Rey character was a disaster, and completely unbelievable.

Ok, that is the one I saw. However, "Where she nearly clawed the eyes out of an innocent reporter for asking a completely harmless question" is a bit hyperbolic don't ya think?
    She did not literally attack him no, that would have been bigger news. But she is clearly blowing up at a guy that has nothing to do with her issue.

There is something amusing here though. You said, "Feel free to deny it's existence". I asked a "completely harmless question" because I was looking for something in the way you described it, and you made a statement that appears to be defensive. Similar to Larson.
    I guess you are not wrong. I did not check all your previous posts, but there is so much denial in this thread that I simply assumed. For that I apologize. I see the point you make and have to admit it has some merit.

I agree with this 100%. The Rey character was a disaster, and completely unbelievable.
    You shouldn't. Anakin was Force Jesus and already using the force before training.

Rey is Luke. If Luke can do it, Rey can do it. Is that good screenwriting? No. But Force Awakens is a cheesy rip off of New Hope anyways. Inserting any gender politics is just lazy thinking when you can point at the rest of the movie and not see much value to begin with. You'll notice that characters like Poe Damaran have almost no personality yet almost entirely escapes any form of criticism from a certain segment of the internet.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tell me, do I strike you as someone that gives a flying shit what you and your little mob think about me?
    you absolutely care what people think That’s why you came into the thread lying and have continued to do so for weeks at this point.

You want to push your narrative and want It to been seen as valid but you can’t actually back it Up so you have to constantly lie about it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Ok, now I see where are we going.

Did you guys see the website's name? "Intelligencia". It seems pretty obvious that the one trying to get Jen's blood is The Leader ( already confirmed as the villain of "Capitan America 4: New World Order" ) and that Josh is just sweet talking her only to get her blood with the upgraded syringe (given that the first one couldn't pierce her skin) wich by the way is an already published comic storyarc.

Does this mean Bruce and Jen are gonna be in NWO? I really hope so.

The piece of the puzzle that I still can connect is Blomsky. Is he a villain....or turned into antihero? Is joining the Intelligencia? I'm lost about his direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    You shouldn't. Anakin was Force Jesus and already using the force before training.
    For him to be Jesus he'd require to be infallible and pure, and you would know he's far from that.
    For him to be Jesus as far as power levels go he'd have to not lose a single fight, and you would know he has lost his share.
    For him to be Jesus he'd have to win his inner turmoil over chaos and emotions, and you would know he didn't.
    Now then, does he strike you as Jesus, still? If yes, why?

Rey is Luke. If Luke can do it, Rey can do it.
    Except she's better, a direct upgrade, infallible, perfect, super-strong, genius at learning and doing stuff.
    Almost like a...Jesus.
    Huh.

You'll notice that characters like Poe Damaran have almost no personality yet almost entirely escapes any form of criticism from a certain segment of the internet.
    Kuhtrappali(he's so void of character I gave him a generic surname) escapes criticism due to melanine, the other, more strongar form of midichlorians.
    Last edited by Fortress of Arrogance; 2022-09-22 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see, allright random internet person that never met me and is constantly misjudging me, if you say so, then it absolutely must be true.

Tell me, do I strike you as someone that gives a flying shit what you and your little mob think about me? No? Good, then you should realize that if I tell you of my wishes for the media industry I have not the slightest reason to lie. I have no need for your approval or your permission to exist and because that is the case I do not need to lie to appear somehow better in your eyes. Thus I say what I mean.

Of course you may still not believe me, I really don't care. Just know that by making these comments you are a liar. Nothing more.
    This is something you lack any understanding of. I am judging you by your behavior and arguments. You claim you are doing X, but you really aren't doing that. Again, you are inserting bs into the material to make your argument. I explained this later, but clearly your need to be a victim outweighs any reason with you.

And clearly you do give a crap about it because if you didn't, you wouldn't reply to it and certainly you would not take this level of offense. The only liar in this conversation between us, is you.

He literally flew a fighter at age 9 only having been in a cockpit literally shortly before and outflew trained pilots. He trained for a little more than a decade as a Padawan, there are 10 years between episode 1 and 2, but was using the force innately prior to ever being trained.

A few days with Obi-wan and an indeterminate amount of time with Yoda.

And you a literally lying about Rey not knowing a mind trick exist because Kylo was LITERALLY using an advanced version of the trick on her. That's what his power is, forcing a person to reveal what they know. This is what I am talking about, you interject your own bias into the material and claim the material is saying it.

You mean like literally force healing was shown as in the EU? And no where does it say Force lightning needs to be trained. In the canon, training is always more about controlling the powers than learning them. This isn't Harry Potter magic here. Also, ignoring that for Mandalorian Season 1, they were teasing that Grogu had the ability to force heal and he was at most a youngling in his training.

And do you ignore that Kylo was tanked a hit from a weapon that sent similar sized people flying, was bleeding, and had zero desire to kill Rey? And was winning the fight until Rey let the force guide her actions, which is literally something that Obi-wan told Luke in the first movie? And something Luke uses in the same movie that leads into the Death Star's destruction.

Again, this is my problem with you. You aren't judging the shows based on what they show you but rather how they made you feel. You argue based on a victim narrative you have. My argument isn't that the sequels were well written, but rather you argument that hey are saying something they aren't is false. There are tons of problems with the sequels, but Rey's abilities are not one of them.

You accepted without question that Luke and Anakin could fly military fighters based on literally a handful of lines for Luke and Anakin driving a podracer and sitting in a cockpit once. Hell, you accepted that Han could fly a ship based on him literally just saying he was a pilot, but for some reason Rey needs more for you?

I argue with you because you insert your headcanon and your feelings into the source material and claim that is what the source material is saying. You do this with She-hulk and clearly do this with the sequels.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-09-22 at 02:58 PM.
    –The Sith Code