Chromie Time for Returning Player

I'm just putzing around on some old characters, with no intention of playing seriously again, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the level squish and Chromie Time. I left off in BFA, raid-geared but early tier. My toons are all lvl 45. Azerite gear still works, but Legion legendaries and Artifacts don't.

If I switch to Chromie mode to level in Legion content, will my Artifacts from Legion work again? Or will my azerite gear stop working? Can we bounce around playing with all the different xpac toys simultaneously? Or do they all go cold equally?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can switch between Chromie Time expansions but I believe once a system is deactivated it is deactivated for good. Artifacts will not work in any expansion. Azerite gear stops working when you replace your Heart of Azeroth neck (or leave Azeroth? Not sure).
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Thanks Kyux! Hmmm... I notice the Draenor rings are still on; I wonder what happens to them in Chromie Time?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Thanks Kyux! Hmmm... I notice the Draenor rings are still on; I wonder what happens to them in Chromie Time?
    Draenor rings still work but they're not nearly as effective in levelling content. Hell, the final legendary rings aren't even that good in timewalking - the purple version before the legendary rings are better because of the procs, and I don't think they were nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Draenor rings still work but they're not nearly as effective in levelling content. Hell, the final legendary rings aren't even that good in timewalking - the purple version before the legendary rings are better because of the procs, and I don't think they were nerfed.
    I remember that. Yeah, well, they're still the highest I-lvl ring most of my alts have in inventory, but that won't last long (maybe to 49-50?). Also noticing some of the other items I had banked are now higher I-lvl than what I had equipped. Guessing that's some nuance of the level switch. But it will all get replaced again soonish.

- - - Updated - - -

It is kind of fun to level my DK in Northrend again, my Demon Hunter on Argus, along with a couple on Boralus/Zandalar. Let's me mix it up a bit.

chromie was always so confusing to me