Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Sure, but maybe milk of the poppy would attenuate it, especially with the chance of the child surviving?

Obviously, as far as speaking of the dying part alone, dragon fire is without a doubt a better way to go.
    Merely talking about how dragon fire would surely be a quick and painless death.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it matter which method of death was most painful? She was going to die anyway and had already expressed wanting to die a dragon riders death. She could have died the slow agonizing death of trying to pass a stuck stillborn. She could have had to endure the likely dull blade slice her open and sat their and in extreme pain until she bled out. Or she could have been burned alive. All suck, same end result, one was what she desired.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Does it matter which method of death was most painful? She was going to die anyway and had already expressed wanting to die a dragon riders death. She could have died the slow agonizing death of trying to pass a stuck stillborn. She could have had to endure the likely dull blade slice her open and sat their and in extreme pain until she bled out. Or she could have been burned alive. All suck, same end result, one was what she desired.
    They're mad because any good woman would have said please cut the baby out of me and let me die an agonizing death on the off chance the baby lives. Which, by the way, the baby doesn't.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    They're mad because any good woman would have said please cut the baby out of me and let me die an agonizing death on the off chance the baby lives. Which, by the way, the baby doesn't.
    She committed suicide while she still had a baby in her. In their minds that's having an abortion.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    She committed suicide while she still had a baby in her. In their minds that's having an abortion.
    And not just that she had an abortion--the real sin is that she prioritized herself and chose a quick death rather than subject herself to further excruciating pain for the sake of a baby very likely to die anyway. She trangressed a woman's *sole purpose* for her own sake. Unwomanly, unforgivable.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

I think it's weird that all of the male characters were the same in the last episode, while the two female leads were swapped out. I knew it was coming and still found it to be an odd directorial choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I'll always be annoyed when people talk about how "obvious" it was that Dany was insane when she "burnt the Tarly's alive" despite the fact that they died pretty much instantly while torture and slow deaths were pretty commonplace across the entire show.
    Not too mention she only did that after they refused to swear fealty to her. Probably the only person in the 7 Kingdoms that would have left them alive after that is Eddard Stark...and there is a reason he died in the first season. She gave them a quick, painless, and honorable death. She made an example of them without being needlessly cruel. Far better than what Cersei would have done in her place.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think it's weird that all of the male characters were the same in the last episode, while the two female leads were swapped out. I knew it was coming and still found it to be an odd directorial choice.
    Wasn't that just because the two female leads were at that age where 10 years makes a big difference while none of the other cast was?

Someone going from 50 to 60 isn't going to change them drastically. Hell, even 22 to 32 for a lot of people isn't big. But 12 to 22 is pretty massive. Can't keep using the same child actor at that point.

Edit: Not really on topic, but every time I hear "a dragon riders death" all I can think about is falling.
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-10-02 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Nah, Rhaenyra already went to Dragonstone with her entire family. I wouldn't really expect it in this season just yet, but the families will fight all over the Westeros.

It's just tricky because they have to do the exposion right, the problem is the conflict slowly grows over centuries before it blows up into a civil war. That's why there are so many time jumps. It will definitely get better when the boys grow up, especially Aemond.
    Yeah I have thought that with these timeskips we will soon enough see the civil war and the boys all grown up. This could all very well be laying the groundworks for whats to come. know the background and all that.. Right now we are just waiting for the king to die lol.

Its visually great, decenc acting(for the most part), but the story so far aint that interesting. Interestingly enough, I think Deamon carries the show, and he barely speaks at all.

This is just my assumption but I'm guessing we will see another time skip in the future where Aegon is more grown. I am assuming some of these characters were recast as they probably won't be around at that point or that we have yet to see their older versions just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't understand why Damon's wife killed herself. She still could have had more children. Did she kill herself trying to motivate Damon to go back and become a Dragonlord?
    Sepsis is a particularly horrible way to die.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I don't understand why Damon's wife killed herself. She still could have had more children. Did she kill herself trying to motivate Damon to go back and become a Dragonlord?
    There's no way she was going to survive that. The only options on the table were how she would die. She chose a way that was quick, relatively painless (aside from the agony she was already in), and honorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah I have thought that with these timeskips we will soon enough see the civil war and the boys all grown up. This could all very well be laying the groundworks for whats to come. know the background and all that.. Right now we are just waiting for the king to die lol.

Its visually great, decenc acting(for the most part), but the story so far aint that interesting. Interestingly enough, I think Deamon carries the show, and he barely speaks at all.
    Yeah, I agree... Matt Smith as Daemon is fantastic, always steals the show whenever he is on the screen. I also really like Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra but I am not sold on Olivia Cooke's Alicent just yet. Emily Carrey did a terrific job, will be hard to top her.

I can't wait for Otto to be back in the game, I loved his verbal spar with Daemon on the bridge. Love when somebody trashtalks with pompous speach, so irritating.

It’s not that they’re only aging up the females with recasts. It’s that they’re only aging up the kids (including the male children). Now that they’re adults, Rhaenyra and Alicent won’t be recast in the next time jump while the current children (male and female) will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Lol, and you do?
    Apparently, yes.

It’s not surprising since you’ve always made it very obvious you were a bit on the dim side, but the difference here is that I’m not trying to suggest that a woman should or shouldn’t consent to fatal mutilation while you and that other poster are saying that’s exactly what they SHOULD do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Lol so you thought she walked down there after an un-anesthetized caesarean and with a gaping, unrepaired caesarean wound? By all means, continue talking--if your goal is to humiliate yourself, you're doing great.
    Talking about logic in a fantasy show, where we constantly see abnormal or unusual stuff for the sake of plot, like Daemon speed running 98% of arrows or Raenya walking that much right after giving birth in such circumstances, it's something called suspension of disbelief, but im sure you would not know that since reading is not your forte

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Highly doubt it. Just regular burn wounds take more than an instant before you feel the pain. The brain have a great way to suppress huge trauma as well, at least for a bit.
    Sister, for example, broke her arm and it didn't hurt for her until quite awhile after it happen, mostly because I asked if it didn't hurt since she didn't show any sign of it.
    Adrenaline and shock is hell of a drug. People can lose limbs without feeling the pain for a while.

I'm sure the 1-2 seconds isn't enough time to even process the pain.
    Now, being under the knife and being cut and slowly bleeding to death while people dig around in there surely gives you enough time to process.

Speaking of cuts. Cuts is another example of something that takes a few seconds before it hurts. You feel you burn / cut yourself but the pain comes after 5 seconds.
    Sure, but again, burning is something that hit different than a broken limb or a cutting. The brain helps after the moment, but the instant is just white pain, i've meet people that felt so much pain from boiling water that they they don't remember how painfully it was after the incident

Death by immolation is just a hot ass pain, the greater you could feel and the agony and pain of suffocating to death, sure if the dragon fire is like some sort of cyclops eye ray that instant kills obviously is preferable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

Apparently, yes.

It’s not surprising since you’ve always made it very obvious you were a bit on the dim side, but the difference here is that I’m not trying to suggest that a woman should or shouldn’t consent to fatal mutilation while you and that other poster are saying that’s exactly what they SHOULD do.
    And i never said what a woman should or should not do, i said that is a choice most do, but seems like reading is hard in this forum, and you people just start jumping at everyone throats like zombies

But do as you please im not interesting in debating with people suffering Dunning–Kruger effect and derailing the thread any further.

The cinematography kinda sucked this episode.

Some really strange lighting choices. I don't know who blocked this episode, but that sucked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The cinematography kinda sucked this episode.

Some really strange lighting choices. I don't know who blocked this episode, but that sucked too.
    I wondered briefly if it was to ease up pressure on their cgi but that doesn't explain why it persisted throughout. Still, I really liked this episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was one of the better attempts of an overcast sky. Reminds me of the calm before a thunderstorm.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Good episode. I feel like the pacing is moving way too fast. I know there's a lot of material to cover but there really needs to be some downturn in between major scenes to let the audience digest things. I mean we literally jumped from Laenor's alleged assassination to Rhaenyra and Daemon's wedding in the course of 2 minutes. I can't believe I am saying this but this show actually need a little filler with the last two episodes.

Glad Laenor got a happy ending of sorts.

Knowing full well death by immolation, is prob one of the most painfull, since, even after your nerves burn you still suffocate in agony, all right
    Not with Dragonfire...she was dead almost immediately...didn't have time to register any pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, obviously an instant death is better than any death, but that is assuming the dragon fire would do that, an instant death, and i doubt it would be enough to incinerate it in an instant. Bu again, im not well versed in song of ice and fire chronicles
    You don't need to be well-versed. Just watch Laena's death scene again... everything you need to know is there.

If she felt any pain at all...it was over in less than a second. Faster and less painful than any other option she had.