Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Loot Changes with Classic: 10m loot to H+ mode, 25m to 10man mode

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/news/l...classic-328956

So, the way I'm understanding this:

Once Ulduar comes out, 25man loot (213) is going on the 10man loot table. the 10man loot (200) is going to a Heroic Plus mode that is harder.

I'd assume something similar to this will happen when TOC comes out (Uld10 going to H+ and Uld25 going to Uld10) and so on.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Weird, so when ICC releases we'll have Heroic+++, lol. Wonder what's this fixation with making Ulduar more relevant but at the same time no problem killing other raids.
    Starting to sympathize with the nochanges crowd more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Weird, so when ICC releases we'll have Heroic+++, lol. Wonder what's this fixation with making Ulduar more relevant but at the same time no problem killing other raids.
    I think it's going to heavily depend how they implement the loot system, whether they just plaster the entire loot table randomnly across heroics or distribute them specifically.

But regardless of this, 10man should still be pretty decent to get some upgrades, doing Naxx 10 for some easy 213 / 226 loot during Ulduar seems pretty solid as catchup.
    Obviously leaves 25man out in the raid but there you possibly just let a lot more loot drop.

As far as "killing raids" is concerned...fair enough, but they also did that when ToC came out, that's literally how it was designed back in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/news/l...classic-328956

So, the way I'm understanding this:

Once Ulduar comes out, 25man loot (213) is going on the 10man loot table. the 10man loot (200) is going to a Heroic Plus mode that is harder.

I'd assume something similar to this will happen when TOC comes out (Uld10 going to H+ and Uld25 going to Uld10) and so on.
    I'm not entirely sure if/how they would do that once hardmodes and heroic difficulty is introduced. They have not talked about doing this for anything beyond naxx10 loot .... so far.

Still, this is going to make gearing alts to get into Ulduar delightfully easy.

Absolutely dreadful decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if/how they would do that once hardmodes and heroic difficulty is introduced. They have not talked about doing this for anything beyond naxx10 loot .... so far.

Still, this is going to make gearing alts to get into Ulduar delightfully easy.
    Yep. People complaining about this are just complaining to complain. It just offers a more alt friendly experience. The gear will be obsolete to everyone that is current on content. I have a big feeling we are going to have longer phases. Everyone will be geared.

I wasn't planning to get into Classic WotLK until after Ulduar was released so this is spectacular news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Wonder what's this fixation with making Ulduar more relevant but at the same time no problem killing other raids.
    First Tier of Wrath is widely regarded as very bad because naxx is a way to easy rehash and malygos a bad fight. Only sartharion 3 drakes is good, but thats only one boss.

Ulduar is widely regarded as one of the greatest raids ever made, has a lot of bosses and hardmodes. Thats a lot of content that you want to keep live as long as possible.

ToC Tier is again widely considered to be a very poor tier, and additionally a short one. In original wotlk, they clipped the life time of ulduar by releasing ToC early and having normal mode ToC have better loot.

So it makes perfect sense to reduce the T7 and T9 and increase T8 lifetime and change ilvls. It makes no sense to release the "original way", when its obviously flawed, as "classic" is not a 1:1 unchanged copy anyway (because we play the final patch, for example).

I really like boosting gear from HCs in 2nd phase... but idea with these weird bags for tanks/healers is stupid and will be widely exploited.
    Hopefully there will be no legendary mace from HCs, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/news/t...n-wrath-328957

Oh, it gets better.

Tanks and Healers getting dungeon mount drops from Magic Baggies for doing Heroic+.

How is it going to tell who is a tank and who is a healer without...

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    First Tier of Wrath is widely regarded as very bad because naxx is a way to easy rehash and malygos a bad fight. Only sartharion 3 drakes is good, but thats only one boss.

Ulduar is widely regarded as one of the greatest raids ever made, has a lot of bosses and hardmodes. Thats a lot of content that you want to keep live as long as possible.

ToC Tier is again widely considered to be a very poor tier, and additionally a short one. In original wotlk, they clipped the life time of ulduar by releasing ToC early and having normal mode ToC have better loot.

So it makes perfect sense to reduce the T7 and T9 and increase T8 lifetime and change ilvls. It makes no sense to release the "original way", when its obviously flawed, as "classic" is not a 1:1 unchanged copy anyway (because we play the final patch, for example).
    Let's the be honest now, Naxx being rehashed was only a valid issue for the <1% that actually got to get inside in vanilla. The rest of 99% were just crying for no reason because they've never set foot in it. Granted it was too easy, but the rehashed part ... nah

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I really like boosting gear from HCs in 2nd phase... but idea with these weird bags for tanks/healers is stupid and will be widely exploited.
    Hopefully there will be no legendary mace from HCs, lol.
    Not really...the bribe bags 9 times out of 10 has like gold and a gem maybe 9 times out of 10 and unlike in original they can't run HC dungeons more than once per day.

This is getting to moronic levels, they might as well rename this to Reforged.

How is it going to tell who is a tank and who is a healer without...
    The current LFG system allows you demarcate yourself as a tank, healer or DPS so I'd imagine that's how it'll work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The current LFG system allows you demarcate yourself as a tank, healer or DPS so I'd imagine that's how it'll work.
    But, the way it is currently you can run with 5 people flagged as a tank. Even Pure DPS.

Something is going to have to change

#TeamFuckEverything

But, the way it is currently you can run with 5 people flagged as a tank. Even Pure DPS.

Something is going to have to change
    I can't imagine it being terribly difficult for Blizzard to add a stipulation of only one player marked as a tank or healer to be eligible for the extra item.

damn, they are really fucking classic wotlk up

This only affects catch-up gear so it really doesn't matter as much as people think.

And with the other changes, if they're going to kill a raid Trial of the Crusader deserves it, it sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really just a non-issue.

Ulduar gear will still be better than the Naxx 10/25 gear that could drop from this "Heroic+" anyway. The incentives for people to tank and heal will be just that: tank and heal. Should help with getting groups together.

Those in this thread and on the news thread are complaining just to, quite literally, complain. Vague doomsaying with no point being made.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This is really just a non-issue.

Ulduar gear will still be better than the Naxx 10/25 gear that could drop from this "Heroic+" anyway.
    It's a catch-up mechanism. They're making it easier to jump into Ulduar for players who may be holding out on Classic until after it's released.