Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he's still, lore-wise, a shaman but his ability to be one is being downplayed in the same way his positioning in the story has been downplayed since Legion in order to focus on other major characters.

I kind of liked the story that was emerging at that time with Thrall coming in crisis with himself and the elements. If it ends up all happening off screen, this journey of "self re-discovery" and what not, that would be a shame.

Knowing Blizzard, when the time comes for Thrall to return to the spotlight, he will just be clangin' n' bangin' lightning bolts and lava like nothing ever happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He lost them in WoD it was a whole thing at the beginning of the Enhancement Shaman Artifact chain in Legion. He said the elements refused to aid him because of how he dealt with Garrosh and inevitably is what caused him to give us Doomhammer.
    Also, just throwing this out here, the fact that Thrall and Tyrande never properly interacted ingame during Shadowlands is fucking insane to me. He had this promise to bring her Sylvanas' head, and then Tyrande had the chance to kill her and was denied it by Elune. They could have had a whole arc about the similarities to Thrall's choices with. Garrosh, and what it cost him. He should have stopped Tyrande from killing Sylvanas, instead of her just losing her powers right at the worst moment. "You want justice, but this is vengeance. I would know."

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, Doomhammer straight up rejected him and wouldn't let him near it. I thought he said he needed to humble himself and return to the basics or sometime honestly. I just assumed his self exile to Outlands was also attoning to the elements.

I get it's a bit sloppy in terms of story, but honestly, I don't think anyone was truly waiting with bated breath to again help Thrall with his emotions and the elements.
    Im guessing the original intent was to have Thrall retired, since well, Metzen has also effectively retired. I guess Blizz dragged him back hoping for Thrall popularity points, and what voice actor wouldn't be paid to say a few lines, even in retirement.

He lost them in WoD it was a whole thing at the beginning of the Enhancement Shaman Artifact chain in Legion. He said the elements refused to aid him because of how he dealt with Garrosh and inevitably is what caused him to give us Doomhammer.
    I don't understand that part. Why is how he dealt with Garrosh a bad thing? The idiot deserved getting put in his place and fucked up. It was either Thrall do it or we would have, same outcome.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I don't understand that part. Why is how he dealt with Garrosh a bad thing? The idiot deserved getting put in his place and fucked up. It was either Thrall do it or we would have, same outcome.
    Something something "honor". Like the elements care that he broke the rules of the Mok'gora. Just Blizzard writing lol
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

What happended to Thralls wife and kids?

Cause Thrall challenged Mak'gora and when Garrosh was kicking his ass Thrall ended up cheating which the elements found to be abuse of their power and deemed him to be unworthy of his power.

Something something "honor". Like the elements care that he broke the rules of the Mok'gora. Just Blizzard writing lol
    To be fair honor is just an empty word, even the Orcs don't respect it when push comes to shove. I don't think I can name a single orc that actually led an honorable life.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Not really. Shamans are the paladins of the horde. They have some sort of morale codex. It makes sense with the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Cause Thrall challenged Mak'gora and when Garrosh was kicking his ass Thrall ended up cheating which the elements found to be abuse of their power and deemed him to be unworthy of his power.
    Garrosh was one of the least "honorable" orcs that ever existed, he didn't deserve a fist fight. The elements are almost as dumb as orcs are if they think that any of the orcs would actually respect honor when it mattered.

To be fair honor is just an empty word, even the Orcs don't respect it when push comes to shove. I don't think I can name a single orc that actually led an honorable life.
    Saurfang lately?

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Saurfang lately?
    Lately sure, but if you get to pick and choose then does honor really matter?

Garrosh was one of the least "honorable" orcs that ever existed, he didn't deserve a fist fight. The elements are almost as dumb as orcs are if they think that any of the orcs would actually respect honor when it mattered.
    Such a wierd opinion and highly biased.

It's the same as if Turalyon would call down a little bit of fel magic to kill Gul'dan.

Honestly I hope he gets his power back and has to fight alternate universe Thrall who is light bound by now. Or even have a twist and he decides to become light bound and help them and then there's 2 bad Thrall.

Honestly who knows with blizzard these days lol.

World of Warcraft: 2 Thralls 2 Zealous

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Such a wierd opinion and highly biased.

It's the same as if Turalyon would call down a little bit of fel magic to kill Gul'dan.
    I just don't believe that any orcs are innately honorable, and none of them would uphold the concept if they were pushed into a difficult situation, history as proven this to be true. The entire concept is silly.

Lately sure, but if you get to pick and choose then does honor really matter?
    Honor matters in the writing. It's a codex of living. Breaking it has consequences.

Any orc is honorable, until they break it.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't believe that any orcs are innately honorable, and none of them would uphold the concept if they were pushed into a difficult situation, history as proven this to be true. The entire concept is silly.
    No it's not silly - AT ALL!

The horde lives by some codex - otherwise they just break apart. Think religion.

The alliance is some established organization. Think... The British Empire ruining the world.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-09-07 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    He's never lost his powers. There's been a time when the elements stopped communing with him, the bond was mended.
    It was just super strange that in the maw, he chose a 2h for his final weapon and started doing bladestorms all over the place. I saw that and was like "wait a minute"...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Thrall is still a shaman, but he is *also* a warrior. He trained as a gladiator before becoming a shaman, he didn't prefer plate armor and a warhammer for nothing. Despite his tendencies to summon lightning bolts, he's still taller and stronger than the average orc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod45 View Post
    It was just super strange that in the maw, he chose a 2h for his final weapon and started doing bladestorms all over the place. I saw that and was like "wait a minute"...
    Well, he did start out as a warrior first. And there is most likely no elemental connection in the Maw.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He never really stopped being a shaman.