Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Nope but it does feel like more of the same there is nothing getting me hyped personally but i will try it out and see.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I have zero litteraly ZERO hype for this Expansion.

Nah. wow is still one of the biggest MMOs out there. It will take a while for it to really die.

ANd the last resort is going f2p. Which will completly rewokr the game and its monetization.
    No hard content whatsoever and you can buy everything in the store. BUT the will get more players than they have ever had before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No. Next expac will be the same thing. People hope for a better game. The devs promise a lot. Nothing will change. People buy the expac, play it for one month and leave again. Because the developers are incompetent.

And it seems there is no chance we get a new game director anytime soon. WoW is literally a game that lives from short hypes nowadays. Sell millions of empty boxes. But only keep a few thousand players. Millions try WotLK classic, a few thousands stay. Millions bought shadowlands, but only a few thousands stayed. Everyone is disappointed, but in the end they always buy the new expac because they simply hope it will be fun.

People are that desparate for a new mmorpg experience, they literally buy all shit games that make crazy promises (like New World, WoW Shadowlands etc.) just to leave for the next experience.

There is hope of millions of players that is being abused and exploited by toxic biased developers.
    Where do you get the info of thousands? SO far im aware WoW still pulls in millions of customers. But hey we are all boom and doom in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Nah. wow is still one of the biggest MMOs out there. It will take a while for it to really die.

ANd the last resort is going f2p. Which will completly rewokr the game and its monetization.
    No hard content whatsoever and you can buy everything in the store. BUT the will get more players than they have ever had before.
    I'd say there are many steps before that. They could transition to a game model like ESO (B2P, no mandatory sub but an optional sub with many non-p2w perks)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I'm not sure about xpack, that is based on major misconception. That players want flying to be challenging. Players want flying, because they don't want game to be challenging. So, making flying challenging is counter-productive. At the end Wow isn't souls-like. It's not about challenge just for sake of challenge. There are many other motivations to play this game.
    There is nothing challenging about basic use of dragonriding. It's like flying only faster but without being able to completely afk and tab out while getting somewhere. You can get MORE out of it by paying attention but it still will move you around just fine. You just can't use it to afk above the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say there are many steps before that. They could transition to a game model like ESO (B2P, no mandatory sub but an optional sub with many non-p2w perks)

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing challenging about basic use of dragonriding. It's like flying only faster but without being able to completely afk and tab out while getting somewhere. You can get MORE out of it by paying attention but it still will move you around just fine. You just can't use it to afk above the mobs.
    Well yeah that is what "last resort" means^^
    But right now they have no need whatsover to move away from sub based. It is wokring and they have more than enough players for it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well yeah that is what "last resort" means^^
    But right now they have no need whatsover to move away from sub based. It is wokring and they have more than enough players for it.
    Tbh we don't really know if they could make even more money by moving to a different payment model. They are probably just afraid of the bad press and the doom and gloom from the community if they tried.

Every expansion has been their last chance, every expansion has been the worse, the next expansion has always been the best hope ...

This is the way.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "WoW is Dying/Dead" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead