Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Want to make guild website

Hello dear,
    I have been researching to make professional wow guild website, i could not find anything.
    If someone here or there may guide me how to make good website? I have my own dedicated server and stuff. Should you tell me from where i can start, please?

There were a couple of sites for premade wow sites, like Enjin, Gamerlaunch, etc.

Or you can just setup a Wordpress premade site with a WoW theme and functionalities.

That said, very few guilds still use sites nowadays, it's all done on Discord servers now... so, unless you really want a site, just get a discord server and get some useful bots for whatever you need it to do (signups, attendance tracker, wtv).

Also, have no clue what you mean with a "professional" site.

yah, i wouldnt recommend discord for anything. they went hugely political banning conservative discords. theres no guarantee that you wont get suddenly deleted for something. its a real stain on the wow community.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    yah, i wouldnt recommend discord for anything. they went hugely political banning conservative discords. theres no guarantee that you wont get suddenly deleted for something. its a real stain on the wow community.
    Oh man we starting hot takes early...

But seriously discords usually the way to go

This is just bullshit lmao.

Do it on discord, ditch the idea of a website.
    Edit Signature.

1+ Year Old Account
    That's a bunch of bullshit.

You could use something like Squarespace or Wix. They are very easily to make (basically drag and drop), and quite cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    That's a bunch of bullshit.
    https://timcast.com/news/exclusive-p...tical-channel/

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/21/0...m-its-platform

theres allegations all over the place, but typically from what i have seen, its generally unfair bans and deletions by crazed companies. discord needs to extensively explain what happened before i trust them. they crossed that rubicon and must live with the consequences.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2022-09-28 at 12:13 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Learn coding or use some shitty thing like Wordpress to do it.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

we used to have guild websites when we were still using Teamspeak as voice chat tool. Since discord appeared and offered access to free voice chat and forum-like features, guild websites became obsolete.

We're doing most of our guild organisation on discord. Crossfaction is not helping organisation in game with non crossfaction guild, no guild tied communities, etc. Discord became our main way to plan and discuss in and out of game.

Hi, thanks to everyone for the recommendations on starting a guild it's interesting to try and set up your own guild and keep it active.

theres allegations all over the place, but typically from what i have seen, its generally unfair bans and deletions by crazed companies. discord needs to extensively explain what happened before i trust them. they crossed that rubicon and must live with the consequences.
    Banning Neo-Nzis is not unfair banning or deletion nor is banning is people advocating for seditious acts which fyi is anyone supporting the orange dipshit at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Learn coding or use some shitty thing like Wordpress to do it.
    Shitty wordpress is a lot of work to pull, believe it or not. Creating a fully functional web2.0 website will take a lot of effort. Most people use already-available platforms like wordpress.

What consequences? Do you also want to drag the CEOs out into the street? Big yikes.

Good job Discord for getting rid of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Shitty wordpress is a lot of work to pull, believe it or not. Creating a fully functional web2.0 website will take a lot of effort. Most people use already-available platforms like wordpress.
    Wordpress is the MS Frontpage after the year 2000. It's garbage and only fits for people that don't know anything about web-development...that's also the reason they shouldn't do webdesign in any way.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawster View Post
    Hello dear,
    I have been researching to make professional wow guild website, i could not find anything.
    If someone here or there may guide me how to make good website? I have my own dedicated server and stuff. Should you tell me from where i can start, please?
    How can you be capable of having a dedicated server and "stuff" and not know how to setup a website or at least do the research?

If you don't know anything about this, I would just recommend you to setup a wordpress.com page or something in this league. If you're looking for someone to build a website for you, it will cost you quite a fair amount of money, which I would guess isn't worth it for a WoW guild website. And well yeah if you want to build it yourself, then good luck, but this place isn't to start. That said, I'd then recommend you to set up a custom Wordpress on your own website OR if you really wanna go from scratch, then start with Node.JS and have fun building your website from scratch.

I would not recommend most things for that reason. I'd hit up GoDaddy and use their template designer to start and host your guild on YOUR page where no one censors you.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

You're heavily implying that most WoW players are Nazis, but no they are not the same lmao. Discord won't ban a WoW guild discord haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I would not recommend most things for that reason. I'd hit up GoDaddy and use their template designer to start and host your guild on YOUR page where no one censors you.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoDaddy :

"It has been involved in several controversies related to unethical business practices and censorship."

Where will all the Nazis host their websites next?

Seriously though, both of you should seek help and touch grass at some point. I don't know what issues you are dealing with, but having an innocent thread where someone asks about making a website for his guild and insta killing the thread with your pseudo-censorship advocacy (because nazi websites get deplatformed) is definitely a situation lmao.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-10-09 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Wordpress is the MS Frontpage after the year 2000. It's garbage and only fits for people that don't know anything about web-development...that's also the reason they shouldn't do webdesign in any way.
    Not sure if serious. Wordpress is a web2.0 app. It has a lot more going on. Are you a professional or just a layman?