Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm done with group content anyway so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But the raid leader and their girlfriends will be rubbing their hands in Glee. Just another reason to skip DF.
    Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Nothing wrong with gdkp really
    Depends on the Lead, back in WoD our Guild fused with another and they took the roll of raidlead.
    We started raiding with GDKP and it was a desaster.
    All saved their points for weapons and trinkets and we disenchanted 90% of the Mythic loot in the first ID.
    (we did 2 HC IDs before Mythic with normal rolls)
    Raidlead freaked out, some people left the guild after that.
    3 weeks later my old guild left and near all stoped raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    The right people are mad, so this is probably a good change.
    You meant "the people who are right are mad..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
    After that comment, its safe to assume you are the RL's girlfriend.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the POV of our Mythic Raid Team going into Dragonflight it's pretty good. Can give loot where it's needed with less effect of bad stats and make decisions based on the biggest upgrades.

From the POV of pugging, whether that is LFR, Normal or Heroic, this is massively awful that makes loot a problem again where it hasn't been in the past. I feel personal loot has gone a long way to making LFR and other puggable content better and more enjoyable with much less hassle.

Also hearing that loot will drop regardless of if someone can use it or not (i.e. Hunter Bow) almost sounds like it will cause as much problems as untradeable items with Personal loot so I'm not entirely sure that's a great idea.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    After that comment, its safe to assume you are the RL's girlfriend.
    Why do we have to frame loot fairness under this false equivalence? OP's a bit smug but the issue is a bit more complicated than the "RL's GF" getting an undeserved loot funnel.

This should have always been group loot for guild groups all else should be personal loot, it does not have to be either or.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm glad that gear is going to be able to be distributed intelligently again. I'm skeptical if this was the best way forward. The option for PL should still be there for groups who want it and since this is essentially ML with an extra step, that should be brought back again.

Essentially, just bring back Legion's loot paradigm and forget the unnecessary complications.

- - - Updated - - -

LFR back in Cata was Group Loot... it was a disaster. I think the disaster of Group Loot in the LFR is the reason PL was developed in the first place, lol.

edit: Blue post confirms they want to do Group Loot in the LFR. kekW
    Oh man, group loot in LFR is going to be such a shitshow. I hope Blizz likes swimming in tickets.

All they needed to do was remove the trading restrictions on PL. That's literally it. Problem solved for everyone.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Guess, I'm happy that I'm in a guild and already avoid LFR like the plague.

I don't know why they keep trying these "one size fits all" sort of forced solutions that are supposed to work well for mythic raiders, puggers and lfr at the same time.
    These groups have nothing in common. They need different loot systems.

That was true for forced PL in organized groups of friends and that will be true for random groups in dragonlands.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Depends on the Lead, back in WoD our Guild fused with another and they took the roll of raidlead.
    All saved their points for weapons and trinkets and we disenchanted 90% of the Mythic loot in the first ID.
    that... is not how GDKP works. unlike regular DKP - G stands for gold. as in. you bid whatever gold you have and then at the end of the raid - the pot is split evenly among the participants. at least that's how the GDKP raids I've been in worked. meaning - yes weapons and trinkets would go to wales, but the rest of the loot could be had for cheap as you were only limited by your personal finances and if you were careful, you could get a number of cheap upgrades and leave the raid either breaking even or even with more gold than you came in with.

That said, it is an awful system for lfr IMO. it should be limited to premade groups only.

I prefer guilds with a true DKP system(Two highest bids, second bid +1 wins) for the highest bidder), that rewards showing up. I really hated someone never playing, coming in for a sub, and leaving with all the loot they need and never coming back. Really sucked for the rest of the folks, especially when trying to prog Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    I don't mind Group Loot for planned/Guild runs but for pugs, it is crap, and I sure hope LFR is still private loot.
    I think it will be awesome for pugs, in organised groups all that happened anyway was I'd get a bit of loot and everyone would use PLH and I'd trade it with the person who wanted it.

In PUGS - especially LFR, it would be far far far too complex to try and trade it with someone, imagine 6 people asking for rolls for 6 items and trying to parse 30 /r 100s in chat. So instead - most loot ended up being DEed from LFR etc.

Remember - it isn't MASTER looter, it is just doing what PLH was doing all along.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    NOTHING wrong????

The amount of botted gold is on a all time high on classic realms and its an flourishing market, only ones benefitting from this is the 24/7 WoW whales organizing the GDKP's and the buyers is probably some nostalgia seeking player with no free time making a decent living irl going on the gold sites to fill up before the GDKP...

This ruins raw material costs for regular players trying to make a living and it ruins big RPG elements in the game like crafting and selling on AH since items like that lose their value quickly apart from red gems and a few raid consumables.

It wouldnt even be a surprise for me if some of the biggest GDKP whales even resells the gold for irl cash.

Group loot needs a prio system.

Need: Main Spec
    Need: Offspec
    Need: Transmog
    Greed/Disenchant on same value since enchanting materials lose their value pretty quickly.

i remember having EPGP system raiding back in cataclysm and it was a fair system imo.
    Last edited by Uvania; 2022-09-30 at 05:41 AM.

I was (and still am) huge ML and GL advocate as my personal favourities... but removing PL is absolutely horrible idea.
    The groups should decide what kind of loot distribution they want to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    LFR back in Cata was Group Loot... it was a disaster. I think the disaster of Group Loot in the LFR is the reason PL was developed in the first place, lol.

edit: Blue post confirms they want to do Group Loot in the LFR. kekW
    Yeah, group loot is shit in LFR, and thanks for the update.. I am like... totally over the moon about it /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think it will be awesome for pugs, in organised groups all that happened anyway was I'd get a bit of loot and everyone would use PLH and I'd trade it with the person who wanted it.

In PUGS - especially LFR, it would be far far far too complex to try and trade it with someone, imagine 6 people asking for rolls for 6 items and trying to parse 30 /r 100s in chat. So instead - most loot ended up being DEed from LFR etc.

Remember - it isn't MASTER looter, it is just doing what PLH was doing all along.
    Well, in planned raiding, at least when I raided, you would have people take understanding on who needed, with ML, we even had loot council.

As for pugs, Group Loot was shit because people kept needing things that they didn't, and then kept it for ransom, demanding payment to trade them.

For LFR, it is much worse as the trading function commonly bugs in LFR, so if someone needs and don't need it, then there's a chance that it is just wasted. And here you had people holding loot for random/needing for other people.

- - - Updated - - -

GDKP is a stain on raiding and doesn't take into account on the need for the equipment but the size of the pile of gold they can get, and has even been abused a lot with false bids, increasing the price more than it is even needed. GDKP is a system run for the pure greed of it all, not the need.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    The groups should decide what kind of loot distribution they want to use.
    As far as I know the only rights blizzard gives players in wow according to the documentation they all click Agree on is to log into the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    May it rot in pieces.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Should’ve made it group loot for guild runs and personal loot for everything else. Good luck getting loot in LFR where an idiot rogue will roll need on everything they can even if they can’t use it

God I Hope the BluePost just doesnt make it Clear enough that the "Only Group Loot", is just for Testing right now. I most Certainly would like to remain with Personal Loot in my Group, and would welcome changes to Tradeability.

Personal Loot makes the Loot Distribution so much Easier, and you dont need the added Control of GroupLoot/MasterLoot for a Casual HC Raid. Eventually people will get the Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Well, this is less a Problem with GDKP or the RaidLead, and more a Problem with Egoistic Raid Members.
    If I had Members in my RaidGroup who let Upgrades go to Disenchant, because they want to get a Trinket/Weapon first, they would get the Boot, and nothing else.

Though, I dont like DKP either.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    Group loot needs a prio system.

Need: Main Spec
    Need: Offspec
    Need: Transmog
    Greed/Disenchant on same value since enchanting materials lose their value pretty quickly.
    This is how it's going to work in DragonFlight, they made a new blue post with extra clarification -> https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-1/1352473/363

We also have mainspec and offspec functionality built-in, which changes based on the current loot spec you set.
    Main spec takes priority, then Off spec, then greed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !