Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    Idk, click-healing and click-dispelling is way better than relying on 15 different macros and keybinds.
    Anything to back this up or just "I do this so I think it's better"? Outdated addon meaning you can't play vs having to write macros that work no matter what. Hard choice.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Anything to back this up or just "I do this so I think it's better"? Outdated addon meaning you can't play vs having to write macros that work no matter what. Hard choice.
    I mean, it's literally better. Have you actually healed with VuhDo? It's way better than macros. Saves a lot of keybind and macro space. Out of date addons is not a significant concern for classic because they do not push major patches with frequency, and major addons like VuhDo are updated virtually instantly in any case.

You should probably try something before bashing it.

I mean, it's literally better.
    It's not, I have tried it and hated it (and I did A LOT of click-healing when I multiboxed). Having the heals on mouse buttons is super uncomfortable to me. I have all the heals on the keyboard now, I really like splitting the "work" between 2 hands instead of only 1 hand doing everything (moving cursor+pressing spell).

I mean, it's literally better. Have you actually healed with VuhDo? It's way better than macros. Saves a lot of keybind and macro space. Out of date addons is not a significant concern for classic because they do not push major patches with frequency, and major addons like VuhDo are updated virtually instantly in any case.

You should probably try something before bashing it.
    You seem to not know what literally means.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You seem to not know what literally means.
    I'm aware of what that word means. I didn't misuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Even the mount random isn't necessary any more; you can favorite the mounts in your journal and just use the Random Favorite button that already exists in game as well.

For people that don't like/trust addons I could see the appeal to having more, or possibly for RP purposes, but between the character specific and shared options you really should have enough. If you're trying to use every single ability in a macro you're probably doing something wrong; most pet commands and things like that generally have keybinds of their own you could use or rebind, etc.
    This is the classic wow forums.

I don't know why you bring up retail features.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Spyro- View Post
    It's a very common complain, there are a bazillion posts (on here/official forums/reddit/etc) of folks saying they need more macros/longer macros, the same request over and over and over for years.
    yeah, i have been suggesting adding 3rd tab (next to general and character specific one) that would be for "class" macros shared across all characters of given class on your acc
    sure, you can utilize general tab but its far less convinent than keeping all your char specific macros in one dedicated place, don't know why are they having so much problem with modernizing that thing
    and yeah macro ui is horrible and 255 character limit just silly

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    What do you need more than 18 macros for?
    for a lot of different things depending on class im playing but yeah mostly mouseovers, @cursor, pet micro menagement, and In general i just use bland keys keybinds like zxcv and add modifiers via macros

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    What do you even use that many slots for?

I just have a cast sequense and a mount random macro
    no wonder, kek, quess thats good enough for 1200 rating XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    If you're trying to use every single ability in a macro you're probably doing something wrong; most pet commands and things like that generally have keybinds of their own you could use or rebind, etc.
    Have you ever considered It is you that's wrong on this subject?
    For instance... you can keybind felhunter's spelllock but it will be just that, where i can add @Player, @PETtarget and mentioned moveover functions and have a faar better toolkit than you having to select a target then press that keybind and then reselect your previous target...
    ...christ people, why do clueless people feel teh need to give me and others, arguably more advanced player advices, nothing personal, but it is what it is -.-

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    yeah, i have been suggesting adding 3rd tab (next to general and character specific one) that would be for "class" macros shared across all characters of given class on your acc
    sure, you can utilize general tab but its far less convinent than keeping all your char specific macros in one dedicated place, don't know why are they having so much problem with modernizing that thing
    and yeah macro ui is horrible and 255 character limit just silly

for a lot of different things depending on class im playing but yeah mostly mouseovers, @cursor, pet micro menagement, and In general i just use bland keys keybinds like zxcv and add modifiers via macros

no wonder, kek, quess thats good enough for 1200 rating XD

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever considered It is you that's wrong on this subject?
    For instance... you can keybind felhunter's spelllock but it will be just that, where i can add @Player, @PETtarget and mentioned moveover functions and have a faar better toolkit than you having to select a target then press that keybind and then reselect your previous target...
    ...christ people, why do clueless people feel teh need to give me and others, arguably more advanced player advices, nothing personal, but it is what it is -.-
    Rating? What do you mean.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    all I get from OP's last post is "I'm better than all of you"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    all I get from OP's last post is "I'm better than all of you"
    eeer, no? on the other hand all your (and others in counter) posts are : "I don't use It myself and don't see a reason why should you need it"
    Same shy as its been in topics where I had idea of adding "3rd macro tab" some supported the idea, but so many were against.
    ???
    like how would you even be at loss in case blizz woiuld add it? you dont use it? fiiiine, like who cares, continue to not use it. You do yours. Let others that see and need it be able to, its not like you are losing anything.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    eeer, no? on the other hand all your (and others in counter) posts are : "I don't use It myself and don't see a reason why should you need it"
    Same shy as its been in topics where I had idea of adding "3rd macro tab" some supported the idea, but so many were against.
    ???
    like how would you even be at loss in case blizz woiuld add it? you dont use it? fiiiine, like who cares, continue to not use it. You do yours. Let others that see and need it be able to, its not like you are losing anything.
    I'd have to look but I'm pretty sure there's at least a few mods that can let you just click a specific unitframe to cast a specified spell or ability on them.

Alternatively, you can just keybind a specific function. If 5 is your button for Spell Lock, and CTRL+SHIFT is your "target focus" button, you would just do CTRL+SHIFT+5 to cast Spell Lock on your focus target. You can directly bind "target arena opponent <X>" and "target party member <X>" as well. Then just add a keybind for "target last target" or whatever, if you don't want to just use the "target arena opponent" binds instead.

If you're against addons for some dumb reason, there's still plenty of ways to get around the macro limitation. I don't know if it was you, but someone mentioned needing to macro /startattack into every single one of their attacks, but that's fucking retarded - you only need it for *one* bind that you will always be using on cooldown and that's it. For Prot Warrior, for example, I bound /startattack to Shield Slam. I don't need it on any other button because I will always want to Shield Slam if it's available.