"Mandatory" sylvanas mount runs on the first raid day of the week?

Unsure of how to handle this, and it may or may not come up again, but I figured enough experienced raiders hang around here that I might get some better insight on my next steps.

1) Guild I've been raiding with is pretty decent, has gotten CE or close to it for multiple tiers already. It's officially a semi-hardcore raid guild. Some people are interested in keys but nothing is run on an official basis.

2) Most people feel that this Fated tier is fucked, and we're all here to make the best of it. Given that, we initially started off by trying to clear each raid, but we have had a number of people who would not even know the fights because they weren't around when it was current content... and yeah, ask trials/newer recruits to study some 30-odd bosses on mythic level for the first time and they get funny about that. So basically we haven't been able to kill the last handful of bosses, and have mostly been farming gear or cyphers.

3) This week our Officers decided not to even attempt to kill the hard bosses anymore, and did a complete 180 and announced we would have a "mandatory" sylvanas mount run on the first day of our raid week. After that we'd maybe do some mythic kills and fun runs of whatever people felt like.

Here's the thing... I personally absolutely positively HATE mount runs, xmog runs, achiev runs, etc. It's just not content I enjoy and I've been very clear about that from day one. This guild is a raid guild and not an achiev, xmog, or mount farming group, but now all of a sudden farming the sylvanas mount is a priority because a couple people really want it... even if they kept failing the mechanics over and over again for nearly 2 hrs.

I respect that there are people who like mounts and want to farm them, but to me it's akin to telling a PVE'er they have to now do bg's on an official raid day because they need you and you're useful for what they want. No matter that you're uninterested and never signed up for it.

How would you respond to this? Just run all the mount runs they want and spend hours of your raid days doing content you abhor and never signed up for? I've already communicated to multiple officers that I have zero interest in these runs, and would rather opt out. However I'm one of the few who know mechanics, pull the numbers, don't die to stupid, and flex multiple specs that they may need in their comp.

So, your in a team of 20 people. Who seem to be a fairly close, competent and consistent group of players.

The officers have decided that, due to burn out, expansion ending, dissatisfaction with the current tier, etc... to minimize raiding until the expansion is out, and do mount runs, not only to keep the team from drifting apart and unsubbing, but to get a cool thing for the team show off after its essentially removed.

1 of them however, thinks he's not only better than the rest, but is outright pissed that the other 19 arent doing what he wants to do. Threatening to simply not show up if they wont keep doing the thing he wants to do.

There are like 4 weeks until prepatch. Your guild is burnt out and doing a few 'victory laps' and getting a 'rare' mount seems to be the equivalent of a work Christmas party - its for fun and team morale.

The expansion is over, people are burnt out.
    If you dont want to be a 'team player' in the team you are in because theres nothing in it for you, then opt out and let someone who is a better team player sub in.

Quote Originally Posted by Characterization View Post
    I respect that there are people who like mounts and want to farm them,
    However I'm one of the few who know mechanics, pull the numbers, don't die to stupid, and flex multiple specs that they may need in their comp.
    Really doesnt sound like you do
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2022-10-07 at 02:49 AM.

If you want to raid, you're going to have to learn how to be a team player sometimes.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Unsure of how to handle this, and it may or may not come up again, but I figured enough experienced raiders hang around here that I might get some better insight on my next steps.

1) Guild I've been raiding with is pretty decent, has gotten CE or close to it for multiple tiers already. It's officially a semi-hardcore raid guild. Some people are interested in keys but nothing is run on an official basis.

2) Most people feel that this Fated tier is fucked, and we're all here to make the best of it. Given that, we initially started off by trying to clear each raid, but we have had a number of people who would not even know the fights because they weren't around when it was current content... and yeah, ask trials/newer recruits to study some 30-odd bosses on mythic level for the first time and they get funny about that. So basically we haven't been able to kill the last handful of bosses, and have mostly been farming gear or cyphers.

3) This week our Officers decided not to even attempt to kill the hard bosses anymore, and did a complete 180 and announced we would have a "mandatory" sylvanas mount run on the first day of our raid week. After that we'd maybe do some mythic kills and fun runs of whatever people felt like.

Here's the thing... I personally absolutely positively HATE mount runs, xmog runs, achiev runs, etc. It's just not content I enjoy and I've been very clear about that from day one. This guild is a raid guild and not an achiev, xmog, or mount farming group, but now all of a sudden farming the sylvanas mount is a priority because a couple people really want it... even if they kept failing the mechanics over and over again for nearly 2 hrs.

I respect that there are people who like mounts and want to farm them, but to me it's akin to telling a PVE'er they have to now do bg's on an official raid day because they need you and you're useful for what they want. No matter that you're uninterested and never signed up for it.

How would you respond to this? Just run all the mount runs they want and spend hours of your raid days doing content you abhor and never signed up for? I've already communicated to multiple officers that I have zero interest in these runs, and would rather opt out. However I'm one of the few who know mechanics, pull the numbers, don't die to stupid, and flex multiple specs that they may need in their comp.
    Well if you pass on yours and convince one other person to pass on theirs you will be done with it a week early. Fated is boring and people want to get mounts before they go to 1% drop rate in dflight.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a Guild that is pushing for CE (6/10 CN, 9/10 SOD and 7/11 SOFO). We raid two days a week and have been doing Fated Mythic most weeks, with our two nights this week getting down Sludgefist for 8/10 CN. As an officer in our Guild I've suggested it as an idea for something a little different and as a way for us to get something out of the expansion, with most of us having some early knowledge already and one of our other officers having the mount already, doing Sylvanas Mythic runs during SOFO.

It won't be forced and it won't happen without decent levels of interest, but our core is pretty close and its something different that could be good for guild mentality. We usually do an Achievement run during each tier and often do M+ together.

I'm unsure why you're more determined to Raid. In a similar situation to you I don't expect us to kill Mythic Jailer or Sylvanas on Fated or Denathrius really (despite CN tuning) so doing something more interesting seems like a good idea to me for a few weeks.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

When they announced Season 4 I expected there would be a lot of guilds in exactly this position, where like 1/3 wanted to push hardcore, 1/3 wanted to kinda relax but still raid, and 1/3 just wanted to sit out til Dragonflight.

Don't have a whole lot helpful to say, but just kinda gotta figure out where the guild is going and if you want to be a part of that goal or not.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.