Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down Do you ever feel like there can be TOO MUCH dragon?

I've been watching the beta, and I definitely feel like there's too much dragon.

These things aren't cool anymore, they're just big vermin for us to dispassionately exterminate, like it's our day job or something.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Dragonflight manages a solid balance between dragons and non-dragon bosses. The vast majority of mobs you will be fighting are not dragons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I've been watching the beta, and I definitely feel like there's too much dragon.

These things aren't cool anymore, they're just big vermin for us to dispassionately exterminate, like it's our day job or something.
    Hmmm, so why House of the Dragon is a popular show if dragons aren't cool anymore?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Tell us you didn't actually watch anything without telling us you didn't actually watch anything.

The Dragons are, for the most part, a friendly faction in DF. We're hardly even fighting any. We're mostly fighting their enemies.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Oh God it's WoD all over again "TOO MUCH ORC!" - and then we got Gorgrond 2.0....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    And TBC and Legion had too many demons, WotLK had too many undeads. What are you trying to say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    And TBC and Legion had too many demons, WotLK had too many undeads. What are you trying to say?
    that you forgot to mention pandas

This complaint is WoD all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account

For an expansion about the lore and story of the dragons? No? Not really?

I didn't think there was too much undead in Wrath of the Lich King and Shadowlands either.
    I didn't think there was too much demon in The Burning Crusade and Legion either.
    I didn't think there was too much Orc in Warlords of Draenor either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Even if it is the case, I'll take too much dragon over too much orc and panda any day.

Bit early too allready complain about fatugie from the expansion theme isn't it?

Every expansion had a theme. This one is dragon. Wotlk was undead. There will be a patch with a raid without dragons. Even the inital content doesn't only have dragons.

Sorry but that is a weird complain when you yourself made yourself burn out on dragons by watching everything the game gives you in a week before it was released allready. Fantasy has dragons. Wow always has dragons. Wo always has humans and orcs...

Its like asking if there can ever be too many skulls on death knight armor.
    the answer is no.

it's certainly possible that by the end of Dragonflight we'll be so sick of dragons that we want to just forget about them. but so far it's not looking like they're being shoved down our throat. it's not even a case of blizzard cashing in on the popularity of game of thrones... dragons have been a big part of the warcraft lore since at least warcraft 2 and there've been many loose ends with the dragons (the Infinite flight, consequences of depowering aspects and deaths of Malygos and Ysera, the fact there's only 3 living Black Dragons left, the attempted assassination of Chromie...) that need tying up some time. throw in the very first new ranged class (or even spec) since the game launched 18 years ago...

now if it was looking like this would be ALL dragon then I'd be worried. but expansions have historically offered more than just their main themes. TBC had the reunion of the orcs, WotLK had the Vrykul lore and old gods, etc and Dragonflight looks set to do the same, with yes lots of Dragon but the Primalist faction seem to be at least as much elementals and cultists as they are elementally enhanced drakes and it sounds like the Dragon Isles, despite their name, are home to more than just dragons

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the beta you say?
    Just wait until you actually play in-game.
    dargons here, dargons there, Darwin’s everywhere !

So far I feel more like there is too much elementals for a dragon expansion.
    The winged slug and the naked Tauren in "Storm" cosplay aren't really helping either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love dragons...so for me personally? Probably not

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    So far I feel more like there is too much elementals for a dragon expansion.
    The winged slug and the naked Tauren in "Storm" cosplay aren't really helping either.
    In fairness, we already established in the Shadowlands that the Elements don't exist in the afterlife (even though shamans distinctly deal with the afterlife).

If anything, I'm upset that there's not more emphasis on the elements. They largely discarded shamans and monks in the lore and made them essentially non-canon in SL, so I'm happy that they're bringing back at least some of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Hmmm, so why House of the Dragon is a popular show if dragons aren't cool anymore?
    imagine watching another dragon show after how intensely bad GoT turned out

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    imagine watching another dragon show after how intensely bad GoT turned out
    Imagine missing out on a great show with different showrunners because another show in the same universe by different showrunners had a bad ending.

I didn't think so, but my initial reaction to Drakthyr was exactly that: too much dragons. "Now there will be the Dragon Isles, with dragon lore full of main character dragons, dragon villains, even we're gonna be dragons slaying other bad dragons." But then I hope it will be balanced themes throughout the expansion. Not gonna judge it at the minute. I had the same fear for Legion about demons which turned out to be fine. Even Tomb of Sargeras, which I had imagined very demonic and seemed to be from the outside, turned out it wasn't.