Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not the most exciting game to start a WC, for a while there it looked like Qatar were going to get absolutely hammered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow we have

Group B
    England vs Iran

Group A
    Senegal vs Netherlands

Group B
    USA vs Wales
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m so excited, won’t miss a match
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    So this cost $220 billion and around 15000 lives to make apparently.

We know where our priorities lie as a species. And I say this as an avid football fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well, at the very least you have by far the best jersey in the cup

That's fucking beautiful man
    that thing is atrocious

Tomorrow we have

Group B
    England vs Iran

Group A
    Senegal vs Netherlands

Group B
    USA vs Wales
    England, Netherlands, and third one is a toss-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    England, Netherlands, and third one is a toss-up.
    For the sake of my banter era hopes, I need the third one to be a draw.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    For the sake of my banter era hopes, I need the third one to be a draw.
    Wouldn't surprise me. England's qualifying first place out of their group anyway. It's the quarter-finals that get exciting and harder to call.

Why are you calling this FIFA cup a “world cup” in the first place?

It’s a sport-flavored media event held by a corrupt organization that many times broke its own promises and principles; “sport without politics” being the major one.

I mean, why care? The football itself with its rules (basically semi-legalized slavery) is an ill practice in the first place.

Limit it to citizenship by birth, no transfers, no legionnaires, no ruling authority to decide who participates and who doesn’t - and there will be a World Cup.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    The football itself with its rules (basically semi-legalized slavery) is an ill practice in the first place.
    What the fuck lol
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you calling this FIFA cup a “world cup” in the first place?

It’s a sport-flavored media event held by a corrupt organization that many times broke its own promises and principles; “sport without politics” being the major one.

I mean, why care? The football itself with its rules (basically semi-legalized slavery) is an ill practice in the first place.

Limit it to citizenship by birth, no transfers, no legionnaires, no ruling authority to decide who participates and who doesn’t - and there will be a World Cup.
    Probably because every country except Russia participated in qualification.

Also, transfers? I'm not sure you quite understand how national teams work.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Probably because every country except Russia participated in qualification.
    You mean the case when FIFA illegally removed Russia, breaking their own declared principles, and illegally replaced it with Poland or Finland (sorry don’t actually remember)?

It’s a FIFA event, not worldwide event. It’s not a sport event in the first place either, it’s mostly about sponsorship contracts, marketing and broadcasting rights.

It will be a worldwide event when literally every country in the world will be able to send a team of 11 and participate.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck lol
    Transfers, “purchases” of football players between teams - and gazillion rules governing such transfers and purchases. This kind of stuff.

You are obviously aware that you can't just switch a national team at will? You need to live in a country you want to play for for at least 5 years before you can play for its national team AND you can't have any games played for any other country's senior national team. I don't know if football actually has the harshest rules for switching a national team out of all sports, but it's definitely up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just looked at the guy's post history.
    Completely bonkers
    Safe to blacklist and move on
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2022-11-20 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the case when FIFA illegally removed Russia, breaking their own declared principles, and illegally replaced it with Poland or Finland (sorry don’t actually remember)?
    You absolutely have no clue what you're talking about.

It will be a worldwide event when literally every country in the world will be able to send a team of 11 and participate.
    So... the qualifying rounds then?

Transfers, “purchases” of football players between teams - and gazillion rules governing such transfers and purchases. This kind of stuff.
    There are no transfers between national teams

“Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    You absolutely have no clue what you're talking about”

Yes I absolutely do. Russia qualified to this cup according to FIFA own rules, and they have been illegally removed for reasons that has nothing to do with football or sports in general.

- - - Updated - - -

“There are no transfers between national teams”

They aren’t called transfers. But a player can change citizenship and participate as another country player after a few years. The same thing under different name.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was illegal CAS would have overturned it, also you said they were "replaced" they were not. They were disqualified, their opponents got a bye.

Edit: Disqualified during the qualification rounds, they absolutely had not qualified yet.

But again, you're sat here talking about transfers in International football. Your credibility is already a flat zero on the topic. Probably for the best that you stop now.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2022-11-20 at 08:59 PM.

“If it was illegal CAS would have overturned it”

And if USA’s aggressive invasions over the last 70 years have been illegal UN would have condemned it…oh wait, but it’s the same gang run by the same team.

That kind of logic, yes.

A lot of whataboutism!
    Man I cant wait till England sign De Bruyne and Van Dijk.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally banned. Ok, we can resume with the actual topic